Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AEC
    Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    Quote Originally Posted by AEC
    Quote Originally Posted by alipacdude
    I would invite everybody here to take a visit to your local Hispanic area and go into 5 to 10 stores or businesses and ask yourself, better yet, ask the manager or owner, how many non Hispanic employees they have?

Seriously! When most if not ALL the employees are Hispanic, ask yourself where are the human rights groups crying foul because no blacks, white and or asians are employed there? It is a horrible double standard that nobody seems to care about.

Another reason why I hate the DEMOCRATIC Party with their pandering to minorities. (Not the the REPS are much better!)

Why no lawsuits against these companies for discrimination? Becauuse they can get away with it! Where is LAWYER John Edwards when you need him?
    Same reason why if I go to Korea Town, I will more than likely find more Koreans working than anybody else. Certain areas have higher number of certain demographics so it makes sense that's who would be working there. I am not being sarcastic. Sure there is discrimination but good luck trying to prove it. The individual hiring would have to state they didn't hire someone based on race. Good luck with that happening.
    They ARE saying you have to be bi lingual.. That is discrimination. If they don't have so many whites, blacks etc. they are in violation of discrimination laws. So they will not hire unless you are bilingual or just Spanish speaking. I live in Ca and there are some parts that don't have a reall high population of Hispanics and you still can't find a fast food place, other than In and Out where you can find anyone who speaks English.
    Discrimination is legal...so long as it does not offend the Constitution.
    Again, if this is not legal, I challenge anyone to seek out an attorney to take this case. If there was even a chance, an attorney would take this case...JC Penny has deep pockets.

AEC
    Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    Quote Originally Posted by alipacdude
    I would invite everybody here to take a visit to your local Hispanic area and go into 5 to 10 stores or businesses and ask yourself, better yet, ask the manager or owner, how many non Hispanic employees they have?

Seriously! When most if not ALL the employees are Hispanic, ask yourself where are the human rights groups crying foul because no blacks, white and or asians are employed there? It is a horrible double standard that nobody seems to care about.

Another reason why I hate the DEMOCRATIC Party with their pandering to minorities. (Not the the REPS are much better!)

Why no lawsuits against these companies for discrimination? Becauuse they can get away with it! Where is LAWYER John Edwards when you need him?
    Same reason why if I go to Korea Town, I will more than likely find more Koreans working than anybody else. Certain areas have higher number of certain demographics so it makes sense that's who would be working there. I am not being sarcastic. Sure there is discrimination but good luck trying to prove it. The individual hiring would have to state they didn't hire someone based on race. Good luck with that happening.
    They ARE saying you have to be bi lingual.. That is discrimination. If they don't have so many whites, blacks etc. they are in violation of discrimination laws. So they will not hire unless you are bilingual or just Spanish speaking. I live in Ca and there are some parts that don't have a reall high population of Hispanics and you still can't find a fast food place, other than In and Out where you can find anyone who speaks English.
    I live in southern California, the hot bed, and I don't have this problem. Of course there are dozens of places where people speak Spanish, but I can tell you literally where to go if you want English spoken to you.

Discrimination is legal...so long as it does not offend the Constitution.
    Again, if this is not legal, I challenge anyone to seek out an attorney to take this case. If there was even a chance, an attorney would take this case...JC Penny has deep pockets.
    Your logic is one of a kind!.

And since when does not having a case ever prevented a scum bag, ambulance chasing attorney from filing a law suit. Prevaling and filing a suit are two different matters.

Finally, how do you know an attorney will not take the case, or hasn't already? Are you alerted every time a civil suit is filed in that jurisdiction.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    It is legal, perhaps not right to many people, but very legal and does serve a purpose.
    In order to be considered for US Citizenship or legal residency, one must have a basic understanding of the English Language.

With that being said, please explain to me the "purpose" that is served by hiring bi-lingual, "spanish" only employees. Is JC Penny doing international business outside the US in which spanish conversation would be necessary? I sincerely doubt it.

Let me save you a little time. Don't say it's to serve those spanish speaking tourists that shop at this store.

If you had any intellectual honesty, you would say the reason this store is hiring spanish speaking employees is because this store has a high percentage of illegal invaders that shop there and do not speak a word of English, nor do they feel as if they should be required to and JC Penny wants to pander to these law breakers. JC penny could care less about the United States so long as they turn a profit.
    What is a basic understanding of English? I don't think basic has been defined. There are plenty of U.S. citizens, from other countries which feel more comfortable speaking their first language and will continue to shop at Penny's if they are comfortable. Sure they may have a basic understanding of English, but do they understand everything and will they be able to ask all of their questions in English? I speak Spanish fluently (Catalonian) and if I went to Catalonia, I wouldn't be able to ask all of the questions I have about a table saw in Catalonian because it is not my first language. I just don't know all of the words. We'll agree to disagree.
    They are hiring bilinguals to speak to their customers, and yes there are some or many who are illegal.
    So you are saying my husband has the right to expect the employees at JC Penny or any other business to speak to him in Irish? If not, are you stating that you consider the Irish to be second class? Is that not discrimination?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What is a basic understanding of English
    A basic understanding of English would include the ability to go to JC Penny and converse in the English language when buying a pair of underware. That's my personal opinion and not a legal definition.

However, if we searched case law long enough we could probably find a holding in which a court has determined this issue.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    AEC wrote:

Does that get me banned? If it does I can always come back and I will.
    Nope, being designated as an open border lobbyist doesn't get you banned. It takes more than that.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Shoppers who cannot speak the native language (English) well enough to get by should bring someone along who does have a working knowledge of the language. This makes more sense than discriminating against those who do not know Spanish (mostly non-Hispanics) for employment. There should be no reason why Spanish should be given preferential treatment in the U.S. over and above other languages.

AEC wrote:

Quote:
    Does that get me banned? If it does I can always come back and I will.
    I'm sure you will come back but I suspect your mouth will continue to give you away

I live in southern California, the hot bed, and I don't have this problem. Of course there are dozens of places where people speak Spanish, but I can tell you literally where to go if you want English spoken to you.
    How generous of you.

Why should I have to go to a designated area in California if I want to speak English? I know california is filled with illegal invaders, but last I checked, it had not yet been annexed over to Mexico.

Just to bring you current,

I visited this spot on Valentines Day, and the wording shown on the picture has been changed to something completely different, and not related to this subject at all. I don't know if angry calls, emails, and sales volumne drop had anything to do with it or not, but the offending ad was gone at that time. However, it is an easily changed marquis, and it can be posted the same way again in less than an hour if they have another opening. That intersection is quite busy at certain times of the day, so it is a good spot for a public display of disapproval, (otherwise called a protest). the strange thing is, that part of town is not really known for a hispanic demographic. I can only surmise that this was a job as supervisor, and the real story might be the makeup of the workers inside.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast