Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Huckabee is desperate to conceal his real agenda and views on illegal immigration because he knows they will destroy his chances to win.

Roy Beck is a very nice man that cares deeply for this cause, but I must admit I am highly disappointed that he responded to Huckabee's call to him on this.

Letting Mike Huckabee sign a No Amnesty pledge without formally retracting his touchback "back in days" part of the plan is like letting the wolf borrow a sheep outfit.

Without that, NumbersUSA just legitimized Huckabee with voters and therefore legitimized the Huckabee touchback plan.

NumbersUSA knows what is going on here, we have depended on them so much to do the deep research on lawmakers.

I am very disappointed that Roy Beck joined the Huckabee stage show on this one.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am very surprised and disappointed Roy Beck did this and I don't understand.???

I too know Roy has worked hard to end Illegal Immigration but I think he just made a BIG mistake .
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I just sent Roy Beck 2 emails stating how horrified I am by his decision. Then I listed 8 articles where Huckabee adamantly supports Amnesty and commented just this year, that enforcing immigration laws was "sheer folly". Lastly, I told him he could expect no more contributions because of his betrayal.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I guess I will cancel my donations to Numbers... this is wacko. I wondered what all the posts were about... now I cant believe what I am reading
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

First of all, I wouldn't vote for Huckabee for any reason. I have no idea WHY this man is even running, or where he came from. He seems like a clown to me, very unit to be President at such a crucial time.

Amnesty or no amnesty, I will not vote for him. We can do better. Romney would be far better IMO.

Given Hucklebee's past record on illegal immigration and his record of issuing pardons to convicted criminals I doubt that he'll get many votes from those who believe in enforcing our laws and law and order in general.As a conservative myself I will vote only for someone that has a proven record on conservative issues,whether they are republican or democrat.Of course this election only 2 or 3 republicans and no democrats meet that standard.Hucklebee is not one that meets that standard.

OK everyone, here's my take:

Roy Beck has been working to bring about issues of immigration AND illegal aliens on the table.

Tom Tancredo went forward to really put this issue into the 2008 race for POTUS. UNFORTUNATELY, he has dropped out.

We still have some candidates on the plate that we have been supporting. At the present, we can still work to get our choice elected to office BUT

at the same time MAYBE we need to prepare ourselves to fight for Huckabee to be held accountable to his pledge with numbersusa.

There could be some alternatives, if for some reason, Huckabee would come out on top. Maybe that would be to get someone like Hunter on the ticket as VP. I don't know who all the Californians are that post here BUT we need to keep in mind what the goal is here!

The number one goal here is to see to it that our laws get enforced. After that seek measures to strengthen the laws we have do have thus securing our country. National security and illegal aliens go hand in hand. We have the right to know who is in our country and we need to make the world understand this. It is not just Mexico we are fighting but Mexico's policies are just plain BAD for the U.S. when it comes to the fight of illegal immigration.

REGARDING MEXICO:
    1. They'd rather lead Central Americans on to our soil if they are within a distance of the southern border and place the burden of returning them home on us than on their country.

2. They promote policies and/or agendas to the world that make it look like we "owe" them and therefore need to accept their criminal illegal aliens.

3. The Mexican Gov't uses and abuses us because they talk out of both sides of their mouths when it comes to issues with illegals. They try to make it look like we are going after legal immigrants. The only time legal immigrants are held accountable are when they get busted committing crimes. They need to get a life and be responsible for their Nationals and clean up their country.

Let's let Mexico and the world know that meddling in U.S. policy IS NOT THEIR BUSINESS by voting in Government Representatives who will be the voice for constituents and not for big business and special interest groups, especially those that derive from outside of the U.S. border!

Let's put one foot in front of the other!

We are here to educate and facilitate America.

WE, AS WELL AS NUMBERSUSA & THE CANDIDATES WE SUPPORT ARE GOING TO CONTINUE TO GET AMERICA TO UNDERSTAND THE ISSUES WE DISCUSS HERE.

Be positive and send for the message - NO AMNESTY, NO ILLEGALS!

This would apply, too, for anyone that Roy Beck or similar organizations may give a nod to.

We should be smart about this situation. Keep the pressure on! We know our business.

Last, but not least, it is not only the President WHO will have a say on this matter, it's those that get elected into office as Representatives and Senators
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    I see that Huckabee's 'no amnesty' rating has been upgraded to 'excellent' from 'fair' where it was just a couple of days ago.

While I'm glad Huckabee signed it and hope it pressures other candidates on this issue, I still don't trust him on this. Huckabee's campaign is hurting now having been slapped in NH, Wyoming, and Michigan, and this somewhat smacks of desperation.

He also has a bad record on this.

And has he specifically retracted his comments made on national TV that IAs could come back into our country in only "days or weeks" after they returned or touchbacked to their countries of origin??
    I dont trust Huckabee. Signing a "no amnesty pledge" means nothing. Especially when Huckabee flips over so much. He said "pathway" but a few days later said "I never said what kind of pathway". So when he signs a "No Amnesty" pledge, a few days later is he going to say "I never said WHAT KIND OF AMNESTY, did I"?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    This whole deal calls numbers credibility into question , Does this mean that if McCain signs he gets an excellent rating ? Hillary? Obama?

Becks playing fast and loose with these ratings and now they don't mean squat anymore ,

They were credible until he added Huck to the excellent list

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Does this mean that if McCain signs he gets an excellent rating ? Hillary? Obama?
    Since the 'no amnesty' promise is based on public statements, I would say the answer to this question would be yes for this category. But, their past records would remain 'poor' or 'abysmal.' So you have to look at all of their ratings.

I maintain that our biggest threat at this time is McCain, who leads in many of the state & national polls currently, has the backing of the MSM, as well as some 'conservative' outlets such as Fox.

If Romney or Thompson don't win SC, I'd rather have it be Huckabee than McCain. Huckabee is bad, certainly, but McCain is more dangerous and has a better shot at winning the nomination than Huckabee.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast