Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think there are lot of reasons to be hopeful. As I was thinking about this the other day, I made notes about how things are this year vs. conditions last year about this time. Here goes:

>> Many MORE illegals have been deported, detained, imprisoned, etc (not nearly enough of course, but we have to start somewhere).

>> Many "immigrant's rights" groups are issuing public pleas to halt the stepped-up detentions by law enforcement. Illegals are starting to 'feel the pinch' of enforcement - proving when seriously attempted, it can succeed.

>> Membership in ALIPAC and many similar organizations has grown tremendously. We have a much larger, more sophisticated, and powerful organization.

>> The disastrous Senate Bill S2611 was halted in it's tracks. We were part of that success. (Remember: 'No bill is better than a bad bill'. Small enforcement actions combined with self-deportation can work slowly in the meantime)

>> Many cities, counties and states have taken action by passing local ordinances to protect citizens. Many of these were at least in part, made possible by the efforts of ALIPAC members! Successes continue to mount.

>> We had gained national exposure through appearances on popular cable news programs, radio programs, print, etc.

>> We had established contacts with many prominent media personalities and organizations. This greatly expands our ability to spread our message and gain support.

>> RICO lawsuits have withstood the test of court challenges. These could be a powerful tool to punish employers of illegals well into the future; both by employees and competing lawful employers.

>> Many law-abiding employers have discovered the rationale and utility of pursuing legal action against law-breaking/alien hiring competing employers.

>> National Guard units have been deployed to parts of the border. Last year there were very few. Also, *some* additional fencing is being built.

>> Raised awareness regarding corporate policy ('alien-catering') and consumer choice (Miller, BoA, etc)

My opinion:

I think that because most Americans naturally have a 'live-and-let-live' approach to things, that last year's demonstrations were a real wake up call for many of us. And, this sudden awareness required otherwise laid-back bystanders to become organized and active from the bottom up. And, as Americans always do, many have risen to the challenge. Now, most people DO understand the problem and are much more active in voicing the opinion on the subject.

...Just my 0.02 cents worth..

(etc, etc)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think that Fireman's disillusionment comes not so much from trying but from an expectation of immediate major accomplishment.

We all need to take a deep breath and hit the reset button once and a while.

I hope the Fireman will be back after a break with a little more tempered resolve and realize we won't see victory overnight.

Personally, I'm very encouraged by what I see as a vigorous, Nation wide response of the vast majority as Pro America, Americans.

Opinion polls have have finally started giving a more honest accounting of what 250 million Americans are showing us to be the desire to regain control of our own country and ensure that the America we pass on to our children and grand children is not worse than the America we inherited.

We don't want a third world America for our descendants.

We have the right to pass on sovereignty, security and safety to our progeny just as our forebears have for 230 years.

Like my grandma use to say, hurray for our side!

PhredE wrote:
    ...Just my 0.02 cents worth..
    I`m sure that your 2 cents will collect alot of interest.
    ------------------------

I don't think there is anything wrong with feeling a little defeated at times. So big deal. Give yourself 5 minutes to feel bad, then move on to something else. Maybe you work on campaigns for a while, when you need a break from that, go drum up support for Tancredo or Hunter, when your batteries are low on that project, start making some calls or recruit people...or, make a donation. There are a lot of ways to help fight the war against illegal immigration. When you feel yourself lacking motivation in one area, just move to another. Anyone who tries to guilt you for being human, either isn't human themselves, or thinks by guilting you, it is some form of motivation. I know it doesn't work for me, it just makes me want to do less. So do what you can...it will always be appreciated.

"We want to go into federal court," Berman says. "The mail on this is running 50 to 1 in support." The courts, he believes, would agree with his contention that the 14th Amendment, mandating equal protection, "does not apply to foreigners."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17552883/site/newsweek/

This is a quote from an article in the current Newsweek. Anecdotal perhaps but I believe it or something close to it and it shows how broad the support really is. Don't be fooled by many in the MSM or any of our enemies. We activist may be smaller in number but The American people are firmly behind groups like ALIPAC and the cause.

We just need to keep making noise and moving forward where ever that goes!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by firemanstud
    This will be my last time to this website let alone post so please "admistrator" block me or cancel my account. I have been fighting on this issue for a long time so I honestly dont care or give a damn about how many posts I have on here. Writing letters marching for border security calling washington. I am a realist not someone that lives in a dream world. I have been out there protesting not sitting on a forum!!!! Bye
    firemanstud- I'm sorry to see you give up the cause so easily. It takes more energy than you seem to have, so maybe it's better you leave.
    You aren't alone in faxing, emailing, writing letters, making phone calls, etc. We all work very hard here and have accomplished alot, and we are NOT GIVING UP!

Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    This will be my last time to this website let alone post so please "admistrator" block me or cancel my account. I have been fighting on this issue for a long time so I honestly dont care or give a damn about how many posts I have on here. Writing letters marching for border security calling washington. I am a realist not someone that lives in a dream world. I have been out there protesting not sitting on a forum!!!! Bye
    firemanstud- I'm sorry to see you give up the cause so easily. It takes more energy than you seem to have, so maybe it's better you leave.
    You aren't alone in faxing, emailing, writing letters, making phone calls, etc. We all work very hard here and have accomplished alot, and we are NOT GIVING UP!
    What in the heck are you talking about? Leave? Hardly. If we can't count on one another to lift each others spirits now and then, what good are we?

Good luck out there on the street where the illegals are strong and Americans are weak.

I could see this crap coming from this person in advance.

Circular claims of caring about the issue but then wanting to give up on a losing battle and wrap it up with "Oh I'm a real activist because I'm standing on street corners"

Give me a break.

I guess this guy was part of the big protests that were supposed to take place for our side on Sat that fizzled out.

That would explain the explosion timing of Firemanstud on our boards lol Boo hoo hoo. All this crying from someone with a name like FIRE MAN STUD lol

What a hoot! Sorry your FIRE MAN protests fizzled Sat. Thats what happens when you put your confidence in the wrong people.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow! You guys are all heart today. So that's it, huh? If someone is feeling bad, kick them to the curb? Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Wow! You guys are all heart today. So that's it, huh? If someone is feeling bad, kick them to the curb? Nice.
    Don't be so quick to get suckered Neese. You will find many posts from me and others here consoling true activists that are having a bad day.

I just don't think that FireManStud is just on here "feeling bad". And if he was, he should not have been so eager to try and state we are a defeated cause followed by a proclamation we are all wasting our time here.

You should see this as an attack Neese, because it is.

W

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast