Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Kate wrote:

And, though I know time is short, I really believe that talking with those we know is the single most effective way to educate people and make them pay attention.
    Time is not only short--it's almost nonexistent. Talking to people we are comfortable with is not going to be enough.

April
    UnemployedAmerican wrote:

In a recent speech bush said most Americans agree with his amnesty policy even though every poll without exception indicates exactly the opposite.
    Yes, that is the same thing he kept saying about the Iraq War and I believe his arrogance is largely responsible for the Democrats being voted in . He made everyone angry and the only avenue to be heard was by votes! This was due to Bush's defiant, stubborn and prideful ways and his inabilty to make the choice to revaluate situations and decisions. I personally know Republicans who voted Democrat just to back him off. Although many think that this move by Americans was the wrong one, what this shows me is the ability of the Americans to make a stand and bring about change. Resolve and Determination are powerful tools.

I don't know if I explain myself well, when I talk to people about the illegals they get sorry for them and they dont want to get involved, (I think they are affrais to be called racist), but when I talk about SPP, NAU, lost of jobs, closing of factories, the Nau corridor, they start paying more attention than in the middle I mention the Illegals taking our jobs, only then they get scary and they say "we have to do somethink", only the illegals don't make them take any attitude.

I have a question, does anyone have any idea how all the junk mail gets in our boxes, I mean how much would it cost to make up mail flyers, like the ones we get for advertising that goes in everyone's box, what would it take for us to do that with the facts about illegal immigration and the SPP and the NAU? I know lots of people throw these away but a lot have at least enough curiosity to at least look at them, or to have commercial flyers placed in newspapers, come on surely someone knows a little about this, right?Its all well and good to write our leaders but it is America who needs waking up the most!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I feel that, if amnesty passes there will be many citizen that are, uncurtain, neutral, unaware and even some that were for amnesty that, once they get a taste of reality, they will regret the decision.
    ------------------------

Banned
    Some how the word got around about the Dubai Ports deal and that was stopped, as was Harriet Myers. It seems like the same people are lined up against CIR. Does anyone know why those campaigns were successful?

Banned
    Time is not only short--it's almost nonexistent. Talking to people we are comfortable with is not going to be enough.
    I've been talking with people for many months, but you're right- time is running out. And, whatever message that people get would have to be turned into action.

I know Numbers USA had a television ad running back in the summer on the impact on the US population, though I never saw this in my area. Did anyone else see this? If so, what was the impact?

Banned
    If we could only find a way to use the media effectively...

April
    Minnie wrote:

I don't know if I explain myself well, when I talk to people about the illegals they get sorry for them and they dont want to get involved, (I think they are affrais to be called racist), but when I talk about SPP, NAU, lost of jobs, closing of factories, the Nau corridor, they start paying more attention than in the middle I mention the Illegals taking our jobs, only then they get scary and they say "we have to do somethink", only the illegals don't make them take any attitude.
    Minnie , don't worry so much. It sounds like you are doing all you can and that is great. If all of us do what and all we can and remain determined and focused we will continue to make a big difference.

Minnie Wrote:
    but I have no clue how do I get some adresses to start. Does anybody know ?
    Name and Address list( District, city or county wide lists) of registered voters can be obtained(bought) at the "Voter Registars" office. Thats how petititions and solictation mail is sent out.
    ------------------------

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast