Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: FairTax and Trade

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    Which Judy should we believe? When I confronted you about that before you said the FairTax does not affect business taxes, tariff, or excise taxes. Now you are claiming they will all be gone "with the stroke of a pen." I'm getting dizzy from all this spin!

Then why are you so adamant to change it?
    Because it will help solve our trade deficits .. FAST. Because it will help curb illegal immigration .... FAST. Because it will bring our great companies and good jobs back home, who will employ our citizens at great wages with benefits, generate lots of money for the government to rebuild our infrastructure and pay down the debt. Because no business or individual will ever again have to report income to the IRS or file an income tax return.

Because no one will ever lose their home to a tax foreclosure by the IRS. Because no one except really really big crooks cheating on their FairTax Sales Tax Reports will ever be afraid of our government over taxes. Because with the FairTax, businesses are aligned with consumers which means with US, we the people, instead of being aligned with government against US. Because it puts the globalists out of business.

Because I like seeing good ideas in this case brilliant ideas put into action to benefit our country and citizens. Because it saves trees by reducing paperwork. Because it protects our privacy. Because I like winning good causes for good purpose.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-11-2018 at 07:26 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't see that proposed. But as I have repeatedly said, I don't see that as The Solution. We could have a simple card sized tax form where you report how much you earned in the last year, then write a check to the Treasury for 20% of that amount. From that the government could determine if you need a rebate.

While a sales tax would reduce the number of people who get out of paying income taxes, you are left with no way of knowing who needs help in the form of a rebate. So that solution is to give everybody a rebate. But that tax burden means the tax rate must be higher.

Now in the old days families and churches helped neighbors. They could gauge who was deserving. But government took over that function, rightly or wrongly. Now we would be faced with yanking the rug out from under those needy who have become dependent on the government, much to the dismay of John.

We know you are all for the FairTax, however it turns out to be! I guess the title has captured you!

It's clear that you just don't get it!

BUT NOT BEFORE ALL THE OTHER TAXES, STATE OR FEDERAL, ARE EMBEDDED IN THE CONSUMER PRICE!

With the current Income Tax system, you can be given credit on some major purchases. FairTax won't do that. I'm not saying it is a good thing.

I would think you think that is wrong. Yet all your finagling is to keep that going so your FairTax will be accepted.

I think both you and John are still asleep at the wheel!
    What is proposed is the Rebate. You have a problem with it. I don't. All I was saying is the Rebate doesn't matter to me one way or the other, they might take it out and tell you with all the FairTax is doing for you, the least you can do is pay your fair share on your necessities. But as proposed, they're being nice and saying we're going to exempt necessities up to an amount so you won't be charged FairTax on your "necessities". Like I've said for 13 years, I don't care, I'm fine with it either way with the Rebate which I will NOT sign up for or without the Rebate and a lower rate or portions of it earmarked to pay down the debt.

Sure state income taxes are embedded in the price, but that's not my problem or my issue. I'm pretty sure that when the FairTax is passed, most states will increase their sales taxes and eliminate their income taxes. They may even eliminate their property taxes at the same time and they should! Everything should be paid for with sales taxes.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In closing, Mr. President, the reason I opened this thread was for you to learn about how the FairTax impacts Trade. Please remember that all this friction, confrontation, bad blood with the Canadians and EU and Mexico, even China, could be much avoided by simply passing the FairTax, which guarantees the American People 23% federal taxation on every single item and service imported into the US and sold in our country to consumers at the final point of retail sale. No feuds, no fuss, no muss ... you just collect the FairTax revenue on all those imports that end up sold in our country, like tariff leaves on our money tree. No trade agreement is necessary, no WTO involved, no military security issue to prove. Just internal domestic taxation 100% under USA control.

I hope someone from the White House still reads our site.

Thank you!!

Which are "Value Added Taxes"! They are all part of what makes that bread cost so much.

A head of lettuce sitting in a field costs nothing. Generally they grow naturally. But farmers buy the seeds, buy the water to help them grow, buy pesticides and fertilizes to help them grow, buy and maintain the tractors to plow the fields. And there are taxes included in all of those. Then they hire pickers to harvest the lettuce, a trucking company to take it to a warehouse, then more transportation to deliver it to the market. In my state lettuce is exempt from sales tax as a "necessity of life". But every step to get it there has taxes embedded in them.

President Reagan was talking about the FairTax?
    So what? Who cares what a fvcking head of lettuce costs? It's bad food, creates slime in your belly, is handled by workers who don't wash their hands when they go to the bathroom, has e coli and salmonella all over it and makes people sick. Eat man food, ribs, roast beef, juicy hams. Maybe then you'll understand and appreciate the FairTax. You whining sissy boys are embarrassing our country. You really are. You know ALIPAC is on the world wide web, this goes out all over the world.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    So what? Who cares what a fvcking head of lettuce costs? It's bad food, creates slime in your belly, is handled by workers who don't wash their hands when they go to the bathroom, has e coli and salmonella all over it and makes people sick. Eat man food, ribs, roast beef, juicy hams. Maybe then you'll understand and appreciate the FairTax. You whining sissy boys are embarrassing our country. You really are. You know ALIPAC is on the world wide web, this goes out all over the world.
    You do realize the attempt to mimic your hero is very obvious, don't you? Not a good look for you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Eat more red meat, maybe then you'll stop winking like a girl and acting sissy (not good looks for you).

I'm busy watching the President's meeting with Kim Jong Un.

So exciting.

MW
    Eat more red meat, maybe then you'll stop winking like a girl and acting sissy (not good looks for you).

I'm busy watching the President's meeting with Kim Jong Un.

So exciting
    That wasn't a wink, it was a tear in my eye from laughing at your attempt to mimic Trump. I've been called a few derogatory names in my life but "sissy" isn't one of them.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mimic Trump?! What in the hell is wrong with you? You're sick, unwell. Jealousy has fried your brain.

Your quote started off "No, there not countless federal taxes embedded in the price of your products when you pass the FairTax." That is not "Income taxes" but it is federal taxes, all embedded in the price of a product!

What is it about "federal income taxes" versus tariffs that you don't understand?
    They are both federal taxes which add to the cost of things we buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Are you not feeling well? Light=headed dizziness is a sign of some serious issues that often accompany all this confusion you've been suffering through what appears to be a taxing (challenging) thread for you and your feet you keep stumbling over.
    Well, I did have to go to the hospital. And my doctors are still trying to figure out what went wrong, But the stumbling has been going on for years.

Well did you tell the doctor you're suffering from a fear of inflation and Judy being right all the time? You need to tell your doctor, they can't help you if they don't know what's wrong.

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast