Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Neese wrote:

Hi Cassie, I am trying to understand why you feel the way that you do, so I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions:
    Hi, would it matter if I'd mind you asking me some questions ? It's your 1st amendment right, but of course I don't mind being asked some questions.

What brought you to ALIPAC?
    Someone recommended me to get educated on the issue of illegal immigration, and told that alipac posters are generally well informed on the subject.

Are you affiliated with any other organizations?
    No, I'm not a member of any organization. I'm a registered democrat if you think that's an organization ?! My twin sister has a hard and clear stance on illegal immigration. she wants a Berlin wall like fence, including all the military personnel now protecting the borders of Korea ( 35,000 )and Japan ( 50,000 ) and at least 85,000 soldiers to guard all borders. All ilegals should be deported tomorrow. She hangs out with the minuteman supporters, and posts on sos, watchdog and some other organizations. Her stance is too rude to me. She's not a racist, not at all, her kids are half Asian. It's just that she has our dad's character, and I've mom's. I'm more compassionate.
    You say that you travel to Latin America/South America frequently. Is this for business or pleasure?
    Pleasure, I'm a hair stylist ( hairdresser ) and they have enough of those in Latin America

Obama and Clinton are your Presidential choices. What policies are you in favor of?
    Ending the war in Iraq.
    Improve our educational system
    Making sure that every American citizen will receive health care if s/he is not able to pay it. Sign the Kyoto treaty. Build a fence on the border, both North and South, this will not happen under either Dem or GOP rule. Reduce the homicide rate. Abolish the death penalty, etcetera

You seem very globally oriented. Why?
    I've manyrelatives and friends living abroad

It seems that you are more concerned about what other countries think than being loyal to your own country. Why?
    Our policies not only impact our lives, but also to many others around the globe. It's always good to let them say what they think of our policies

You seem to have a great deal of sympathy towards countries that have every intention of killing us. Why?
    what countries ?? Do you know that most people in Iran support us, it's just those rulers there that oppress its people and hate us, not the Iranians themselves. They hate bush, and rightly so, but most of them don't hate us.

What are your major news sources?
    internet, tv, newspapers

Why is the title of Democrat more important than the issues?
    The Democrats represent me more on issues than the Republicans

If there weren't Republicans, who would pay for all of the handouts?
    Can't answer that because it's hypothetical

What do you think of celebrities and politics?
    no problem with it, I voted the terminator.
    He's a republican but not a real one, he's more to the center of the political spectrum.

Are there any that you admire? Why?
    I admire the terminator as he's a person that apologizes when he's wrong or insulted someone. He's willing to make agreements with other parties.

Do they influence your vote?
    Yes

Did you grow up in a religious family? If so, what made you change your mind?
    We're not religious, no one in our family.

I know that is a lot, but I'm sure that I will understand where you are coming from. Thanks.
    you're welcome
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

Quote:
    And at least I DO liten to my fellow world citizens

2nd amendsis wrote:
    "World Citizen"

cat's out of the bag

NUFF SAID

I was just thinking the same thing 2ndamendsis. Shes a hairdresser and travels all over the world, she must be married to a rich "republican" or living one hell of a subsidized lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    Quote:
    And at least I DO liten to my fellow world citizens

2nd amendsis wrote:
    "World Citizen"

cat's out of the bag

NUFF SAID

I was just thinking the same thing 2ndamendsis. Shes a hairdresser and travels all over the world, she must be married to a rich "republican" or living one hell of a subsidized lifestyle.
    Where did I say that I travel all around the world ???
    I've only been to europe and Latin America. I travel 3 times year, ( 2 weeks per trip ) that's not that much. I wish I had the money to travel as much as CrocketGhost. I keep my costs low when I spend my first or last days with family or friends in those 2 continents. We're not rich and it's unfair to say so.
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

Quote Originally Posted by April

You can bash Bush all you want as far as I am concerned. However action has always been much more effective for me like faxes, emails, phone calls etc. I am working hard to get the politicians attention in reference to all the critical issues and remind them that they were put in their positions by Ameican citizens and we can take them out of them!!! I DO not want another Bush either!!! I am not at all fond of Bush, but I do love this country and am putting lots of effort into fighting everything that is trying to destroy it.

Sometimes debate becomes an empty battle when both sides are at stalemate. It would be more productive to join together on the part of the issue that both sides agree on and kick some butt.

Thank for respecting that I believe in God. I am sorry to hear that you do not, because he can be a huge comfort. I am sure you have your reasons for what you believe. Even though the majority here at Alipac does not agree with you about Hillary, we do agree with you that illegal immigration must be stopped!
    Thank you ! I love to bash Bush, it releases a lot of stress and anger. The best way for me is to join sos, Ca minuteman, ccir, etc. E- mails to Bush is not going to work, all those politicians are in DC and we in the SW carry the burden of illegal immigration. Faxes are not going to work either. I voted the terminator and thought he opposed illegal immigration, yet he promised to the illegals that they will also receive benefits because the fruit industry was down due to the weather. Compensate illegal aliens ?? What is wrong with the terminator ? I love his accent by the way

Of course I respect it that you believe in God, I respect any person that believe in god, Allah, etc. The only thing I'll say is that I will not like it if religious people like Jehovah's are trying to convert me, this is that can make me angry. Just live and let live is my motto.

Hillary is my choice because I'm a Democrat, but did you know that most Democratic voters also want the borders closed, a wall being build, and employers fines that hire illegals ? Did you know that ? I'd vote Buchanan or even Tancredo if only the immigration debate mattered to me, but I dislike conservatism, and that's why I'll never vote Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    I am so use to Bush bashing it doesnt bother me and in honesty I guess you could say I am more of an indepent. I have voted Rupblican since I started voting which was in 2000, befor that I wasn't old enough when election came around. I supported Bush for his morals and because he was the first president in a very long time that wasn't afraid to make some people mad by saying he was a Christian. Now maybe he is or maybe he isn't but I have to take him at his word and I havent seen any reason not to belive him. We have had wars forever and This War on Terror or your so called Bush war is going to last for the rest of our lives and the lives of our childrens lives. That is a fact no matter if we pull out of Iraq or not. They hate us and want to kill us and as far as the Lainos that are wanting to punish us for taking the Indians land well I have Indian blood that runs threw my vein !
    I oppose Bush and the republicans as they always come up with their morals they want to
    Impose on all of us. I’m not interested in their morals, just live and let live. I want to live my own life, and I may live my life not to Christian standards, or any other morally accepted standards set by the Republicans, I don’t care. I’m here to debate politics and illegal immigration. We agree on immigration, yet disagree on politics and religion, fine with me. More Americans are killed annually than those 911 terrorists did. Bush should be more concerned on our Southern border, why should he care ? He lives in DC & his save ranch in TX, while we in the SW pay the burden of illegal aliens. Our hospitals are closing, not the ones in other parts of the country. Our schools are being sucked dry, not those in the Midwest, East Coast, Deep South.
    MOD EDIT - no talk of War
    The problem is that we have to fight a 2 front war. We must fight illegals coming from Mexico on the south, and our federal government to achieve our independence. The United States of Southwestern states:
    Texas, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, California, Colorado.

The states that carry the burden of illegal immigration. It’s clear that we have to fight this battle alone, who cares about us in DC ?

2ndamendmis is talking about the Constitution a lot of times. Sis is Bush upholding the constitution ?? We're being invaded, isn't it Bush' Constitutional duty to defend us ??? Or is the sw not important enough ?

Our hospitals are closing, not the ones in other parts of the country. Our schools are being sucked dry, not those in the Midwest, East Coast, Deep South.
    There are in fact hospitals feeling the squeeze and closing nation wide. And schools all over this country are being sucked dry and not educating our children. I know California has being bearing the brunt for longer than most (I live in Florida and we have been putting up with it for a very long time) but believe me it is quickly becoming a problem from coast to coast.

No Bush is not upholding the Constitution and most of us here are aware of that. You need to realize that many presidents before him did not either. The illegal alien nightmare was supposed to end in the amnesty of 1986 but it did not because our immigration laws have not been enforced since then. That means every president including your favorite, Bill, did not either.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    Our hospitals are closing, not the ones in other parts of the country. Our schools are being sucked dry, not those in the Midwest, East Coast, Deep South.
    There are in fact hospitals feeling the squeeze and closing nation wide. And schools all over this country are being sucked dry and not educating our children. I know California has being bearing the brunt for longer than most (I live in Florida and we have been putting up with it for a very long time) but believe me it is quickly becoming a problem from coast to coast.

No Bush is not upholding the Constitution and most of us here are aware of that. You need to realize that many presidents before him did not either. The illegal alien nightmare was supposed to end in the amnesty of 1986 but it did not because our immigration laws have not been enforced since then. That means every president including your favorite, Bill, did not either.
    I know that Bill didn't do a great job either. He legalized / naturalized 1,045 million illegal aliens prior to the 1996 presidential election. Yet Bush wants an amnesty for > 10 million illegal aliens, that is 10 times more! The 1986 amnesty was a scam, how can one give amnesty when the borders are still wide open. We have a a fence that works on our southern border, we can have an open and honest debate to give amnesty tol illegal aliens already here. We can't discuss amnesty while our borders are still open. It's slowly becoming a nation wide problem, but a lot of people in other states are not aware of this problem. My cousin in Nebraska doesn't know what I'm talking about.

April
    Cassie wrote:

The best way for me is to join sos, Ca minuteman, ccir, etc.
    That is great! I think the minutemen are awesome! You could do great good that way! I think everyone should do what they think is best to fight illegal immigration. I am doing everything I can in all areas that are available to me.

More than just the immigration issue matters to me, however, it is an incredibly important issue right now since this country is in crisis, so it is very important to me that the person I vote for has it on the front burner, not the back burner. Tancredo definitely has it on the front burner and I like how he listens to what the people want, than stands up for it.

As I said before if Hillary is your choice, that is fine with me. Everyone has the right to vote for whoever they want, I am sure you will investigate indepth, which is very wise, to make sure she is the right candidate for your vote.

I believe in "Live and Let Live as Well."

2ndamendmis is talking about the Constitution a lot of times. Sis is Bush upholding the constitution ?? We're being invaded, isn't it Bush' Constitutional duty to defend us ??? Or is the sw not important enough ?
    CASSIE
    ABSOLUTELY!

And that's exactly why it's often mentioned in our discussion. Bush gets NO pass from me nor does any other public &/or elected official as well as the judiciary.

Now you're getting it

However, Cassie, are you under the impression that only bush is to UPHOLD HIS OATH TO THE CONSTITUTION?

And let me add that NO NATION should EVER vote with any other nation or global entity in mind. The ONLY thing that is Constitutional and beneficial is for each official to remain loyal to the U.S. Constitution and not to world anything.

*** That's how we've gotten into some pretty serious problems in the past. And that's what many people don't understand.

This is the United States of America and not the World states of america. If we run our country by the letter of the Constitution, there would be many LESS world problems.
    Do you have any conception of how much money we GIVE around the world to help almost every other nation on this planet? Food we give? Medical we give?
    Your money and my money pay for the WORLD. How do you think some of them have survived so far? Who protects the world? With money, food and military?

Btw, do you know what the KYOTO protocol is? What is included in the farce? How many countries have signed? Who will not sign? Who will be hurt by it? How it will hurt certain nations? Why should the USA sign it? Do you know which countries are exempt from signing it? Do you know which countries have greater restraints placed upon them and which have less restraints? Do you know who is poluting this world by a greater percentage than the USA?
    HAVE YOU READ IT? Or is this something that someone told you we should do and you decided to comply?

There is much more to government, policy making, Rule of Law than any one of us could possibly absorb in a lifetime. Throw in globalism with a homogonized education and one might as well put their head in a vice grip. But it's a good thing to try to educate ourselves in as many areas as possible so that we can make more informed decisions.

This is not a repub or dem issue, this nation of ours. This is an AMERICAN problem. Party be damned!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    CASSIE
    ABSOLUTELY!

And that's exactly why it's often mentioned in our discussion. Bush gets NO pass from me nor does any other public &/or elected official as well as the judiciary.

Now you're getting it

However, Cassie, are you under the impression that only bush is to UPHOLD HIS OATH TO THE CONSTITUTION?
    Every president must uphold the Constitution. You sounded to me that you think that Hillary is not going to uphold the Constitution, how do you know ? Maybe she'll uphold the Constitution even more then Bush did

And let me add that NO NATION should EVER vote with any other nation or global entity in mind.
    I disagree on this. We can't pollute other parts of the world. I don't support greedy corporation that move to India, make children work for them, and pollute the air. These corporation are supported by the Republicans, and if a person whose child is working as a slave for an American company, and she askes me to vote for the Dems, and this would help her child, I'll do it within a second.

The ONLY thing that is Constitutional and beneficial is for each official to remain loyal to the U.S. Constitution and not to world anything.
    We must be loyal to the US first, but not at any cost. Would you also vote a president who will boost our economy, but wants to fight wars oversea to establish an empire ???

This is the United States of America and not the World states of america. If we run our country by the letter of the Constitution, there would be many LESS world problems.
    Do you have any conception of how much money we GIVE around the world to help almost every other nation on this planet? Food we give? Medical we give?
    We give a lot to poor countries, but it was more under Clinton. How much did bush give for the Tsunami victims ?? I bet less than Bill would give.

Btw, do you know what the KYOTO protocol is? What is included in the farce? How many countries have signed? Who will not sign? Who will be hurt by it? How it will hurt certain nations? Why should the USA sign it? Do you know which countries are exempt from signing it? Do you know which countries have greater restraints placed upon them and which have less restraints? Do you know who is poluting this world by a greater percentage than the USA?
    HAVE YOU READ IT? Or is this something that someone told you we should do and you decided to comply?
    Tell me which country is polluting more than the US, I bet it's us ?
    you asked me some questions, and I'll give you honest answers.
    I just don't know the answer to all these questions, I can only answer the one in blue. A Canadian friend told that Canada ratified the treaty. They can not meet their 2008 targets but will meet their 2012 targets. And she criticizes us for not signing and polluting the world, and she's right.

April,

I'll answer your post later. I've to do some other stuff

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast