Page 127 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1762

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by the_patriot
    Anyone from CA, can you confirm Boxer? We had one activists say she is against this bill.

Trying to confirm
    Are you kidding, she is a co-sponsor of the Dream Act! This America hater will vote for it in a heartbeat.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    LETS make sure all their voice mails are filled and be ready to hit them hard on MONDAY, which is the oppositions day to hit hard! WE CAN DO THIS!!!! They are feeling the heat! LETS KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!!! YOU all are doing great!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by the_patriot
    Anyone from CA, can you confirm Boxer? We had one activists say she is against this bill.

Trying to confirm
    Are you kidding, she is a co-sponsor of the Dream Act! This America hater will vote for it in a heartbeat.

Her staffers are willing to lie to naive constituents.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bingaman and Hatch need to be deluged with calls. If those two can be swayed, I believe the whole thing flops.

Durbin's use of the military is a bogus ruse because there's already a military provision in the Immigration Nationality Act (INA):
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorder ... enship.htm

Becoming a Citizen in the U.S. Military
    From Rod Powers,
    Your Guide to U.S. Military.

If you are a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and are interested in becoming a U.S. citizen, you may be eligible to apply for citizenship under special provisions provided for in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

Recent changes in the relevant sections of the INA (Sections 328 and 329) make it easier for qualified military personnel to become U.S. citizens if they choose to file a naturalization application.

In addition, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has created a stream-lined process specifically for military personnel serving in active-duty status or recently discharged.

Eligibility Requirements

Normally, a non-citizen wishing to become a United States Citizen must have five years of legal permanent residency in the U.S. to apply. Non-citizens married to a U.S. citizen for at least three years can apply after three years of residency.

However, special provisions apply for members of the Armed Forces:

Peacetime Military Service: Under INA Section 328, persons who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces (including active duty, reserves, or national guard), can file for Naturalization based on their current or prior U.S. military service. The requirements for eligibility are that the applicant must have served honorably or have separated from the service under honorable conditions, have completed one year or more of military service, and be a legal permanent resident at the time of his or her examination by USCIS on the Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. This used to be three years, but Congress changed it to one year in 2002. Filing for naturalization under this provision of the law, Section 328 of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, as amended (INA), excuses the applicant from any specific period of residence or physical presence within the United States, so long as the application is filed while the applicant is still serving with the military or within 6 months of an honorable discharge.

Service During Hostilities : By Executive Order Number 13269, dated July 3, 2002, President Bush declared that all those persons serving honorably in active-duty status in the Armed Forces of the United States at any time on or after September 11, 2001 until a date to be announced, are eligible to apply for naturalization in accordance with the service during hostilities statutory exception in Section 329 of the INA to the naturalization requirements. This means that individuals with even one day of honorable active duty service can apply for citizenship, regardless of how long they have been a resident.

Section 329 of the INA also applies to service-members who served on active duty during World War I, World War II, the Korean Conflict, the Vietnam Conflict, and Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm.

Posthumous Citizenship:Under section 329a of the INA, non-citizen servicemembers who die while serving honorably in an active-duty status during a declared period of hostilities, including Operation Enduring Freedom, and Operation Iraqi Freedon, and whose death was as a result of injury or disease incurred in or aggravated by that service, are eligible for posthumous naturalization. An application for posthumous citizenship can be filed on behalf of the deceased servicemember only by the next-of-kin or another representative. If the application is approved, the individual is declared a U.S. citizen retroactively to the day of his or her death.

Section 319(d) of the INA provides for the naturalization of the surviving spouse of a U.S. citizen who died while serving honorably in an active duty status in the armed forces of the United States. The spouse and U.S. citizen servicemember must have been living in marital union at the time of the citizen's death. All the other usual requirements for naturalization must be satisfied except that no prior residency or physical presence in the United States, a state, or immigration district is required to file a naturalization application.

Moral Character: To be eligible for naturalization, you must be a person of good moral character. CIS will make a determination on your moral character. Some of the factors CIS may consider are:

Criminal record -- The Application for Naturalization, Form N-400, asks several questions about crimes. You should report all crimes you have committed, including ones that have been expunged (removed from your record) and those that happened before your 18th birthday. If you do not tell CIS about these crimes and they are discovered through background checks, you may be denied naturalization even if the crime itself was not a crime for which your case could be denied.
    Lying-- If you do not tell the truth during your interview with the CIS, they may deny your application for lacking good moral character. If CIS grants you naturalization and you are later found to have lied during your interview, your citizenship may be revoked. If you have questions, you may want to seek advice from an immigrant assistance organization, legal assistance attorney, or an immigration attorney before applying.
    Proficiency in the English Language: The law requires applicants to demonstrate an understanding of the English language, including the ability to read, write, and speak simple words and phrases in ordinary usage of the English language.

Knowledge of Civics: According to the law, applicants must show that they have a knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of the history, principles, and form of government of the United States.

Revocation of Citizenship:

Under current law, citizenship may be revolked if the citizenship was granted under Section 329 of the INA (Service During Hostilities), if the servicemember is discharged under other than honorable conditions. This does not apply to Section 328 of the INA (Service During Peacetime). In 2003, Congress considered legislation which would have amended the INA to allow revocation of citizenship in either case, if the member served less than five years and was discharged under other than honorable conditions, but this legislation was never passed.

The DreamAct portal has a plan for monday morning. This is an older post, but I followed other posts that were deleted later. They couldn't mail the teddy bears in time so they are having someone in the DC area deliver them to Capitol Hill on Monday the 24th. DO THEY REALLY THINK THAT NO ONE IS GOING TO LOOK SUSPICIOUS CARRYING TONS OF TEDDY BEARS INTO BUILDING!
    This is there BIG Monday morning surprise!

http://www.dreamact.info/forum/about1855-0-asc-0.html
    http://www.dreamact.info/forum/search.p ... 8&start=15

Mailing items to senators to support the DREAM act
    You guys have done this more than i have so I need your opinions. Looking back at the CIR back in 06 and 07, a lot of senators said they were moved when the anti-CIR group sent them bricks to their office gesturing the whole wall thing. I'm thinking of doing something similar and mailing personalized teddy bears with "Help us realize our DREAMs S.774" and other 'not-so-cheesy' slogans to all the senators. I want to focus on senators who are on the fence sending them 500-1000 teddy bears and about 100 for all others (except Durbin, I'll send him 1000).

Do you guys think this is a good idea? Also, I live in Southern Cali so do you guys think they check the from zip code? If so, I'll have to send them to D.C. and ship them from there.[/b]
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Quote Originally Posted by realbsball
    Bingaman and Hatch need to be deluged with calls. If those two can be swayed, I believe the whole thing flops.
    I agree, reabsballs!!! LETS FLOOD EM'!!!

Don't forget to fax and email if the mailboxes are full! LETS FILL EVERYTHING UP!!!

SAMPLE LETTER:

Dear Senator,

Dick Durbin’s attempt to sway votes on behalf of his DREAM Act by using the “military optionâ€

Just finished making my second round of calls at 12:30 PST. I had printed out a list the other day and just went with that one. So there may be some who have already committed to vote No. Here's the scoop:

Left Voice Mails with the following Senators:

Akaka
    Allard
    Baucus
    Bayh
    Biden
    Bingaman
    Byrd
    Carper
    Coleman
    Collins
    Craig
    Crapo
    Domenici
    Dodd
    Dorgan
    Ensley
    Grassley
    Harkin
    Hatch
    Inouye
    Johnson
    Lieberman
    Lincoln
    Luger
    McCain
    McCaskill
    Murkowski
    Nelson
    Nelson (Bill)
    Obama
    Pryor
    Rockefeller
    Sanders
    Snowe
    Stabenow
    Stevens
    Sununu
    Tester
    Thune
    Voinovich
    Warner

Voice Mails full or call cut off:

Boxer
    Brown-OH
    Brownback
    Cornyn
    Durbin
    Feinstein
    Hutchinson
    Landrieu
    Martinez
    Webb

Phone rings off the hook or busy:

Cochran
    Ensign
    Salazar
    Smith

Will finish off Round 3 within in the next hour then start on emails!

Thanks for the calls and lists CaliforniaDreamer! Great work.

I don't know if you can leave a message with Sen. McConnell's office, but I'll try.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)