Page 126 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1762

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

I will modify this a little and send it to the other sell outs. The DA really does strike a personal nerve with me. I have spent many hours rallying against this, and will continue to do so. Time for us to let our own flying monkeys out of the bag folks..

Quote Originally Posted by TEXLEGAL1
    Letter I sent to Ms. Hutchison..

The Honorable Ms. Hutchison,

As a single parent raising a child on my own, I know the trials of everyday life. There is one thing though that has stuck in my mind for several years now, and that was when I took my daughter to register for preschool. I was told that she did not qualify to be in preschool. I asked the reason why, and was told I made too much money for her to qualify. Now remember I am a single parent struggling to make ends meet and I am told I make too much money. What really set me off was the preschool classes had quite a few non english speaking kids in them. I would just go to asume that these were probably kids of illegals from our area. Well here I am a tax paying citizen and am told my child cannot go to a school that my tax dollars pay for. But in those classes sit illegal children. So my child went to private preschool at an additional $110 a week out of my pocket.

Now I am being told our proud outstanding politicans want to give benifits so illegal kids can go to college. Again on my tax dollar. Texas allready gives illegals grants to go to our state colleges. Is that not against the law? Was that not part of the immigration act of 1986 to make it illegal to give illegals in state tuition? So now I sit here wondering how I will ever be able to send my own child to college. I am sure you will work hard to give my child the grants and help she needs when that time comes, just like her preschool right? You need to stand up for the legal citizens of this country and do the right thing. I am asking you to vote down any kind of DREAM act or any other AMNESTY bill. Your job is to represent the legal citizens of this nation, not the illegals. Remember you work for us and you can be fired on election day. The legal citizens of this great country have had enough of pandering to the illegals. Enforce the laws and close the borders.

Thank you ,

XXXXXXX

{{ And yes the local school board here knows who I am on a first name basis now after that happened. I still fume over that situation. They have seemed to change some of the rules this year. I finally got enough people around here to challenge them and make a difference.
    "We are being destroyed from within"

Who is gonna be hammering this weekend?

Have never stopped yet. Working on Graham at the moment. Heard through the grave vine he was taking some heat for his stance on the DA so figure I will help fan the fire all I can.. Who's next?
    http://lgraham.senate.gov/index.cfm?mode=contactform

quote="BrightNail"]Who is gonna be hammering this weekend?[/quote]
    "We are being destroyed from within"

I am still working on this mission from god!! Many of the Voice Maails are stilll not full...........KEEP CALLING

ALIPACERS ROCK!

You all are so amazing. Great job this week.

I'll be on the horn this weekend. Rest assured the weasel Senators who have not yet committed to numbersusa will wish they had!!

Anyone have a list of some of their numbers ?

I called these today , Murkowski Stevens , Kyl , McCain , Lincoln ,Chambliss ,Crapo . Lauderu ,Mc Caskill , Coleman Baucus , Dorgan , Coryn , Hatch Brown Isakson ,Boxer , Feinstein , Crenshaw , Martinez . and others I didn't write down .

who else is for or undecided ?

April
    Quote Originally Posted by NOamNASTY
    Anyone have a list of some of their numbers ?

I called these today , Murkowski Stevens , Kyl , McCain , Lincoln ,Chambliss ,Crapo . Lauderu ,Mc Caskill , Coleman Baucus , Dorgan , Coryn , Hatch Brown Isakson ,Boxer , Feinstein , Crenshaw , Martinez . and others I didn't write down .

who else is for or undecided ?
    Updates here:

http://www.numbersusa.com/index

OK, let's fill up voice mails this weekend, and get ready for Monday morning phone blitz.

Let this breaking story be a motivating factor:

September 21, 2007
    N.Y. Drops Citizenship Proof For Driver's Licenses
    Move Should Cut Down Unlicensed Illegal Immigrants [?? yeah, by giving them licenses!]
    Andrew Kirtzman
    Reporting

(CBS) NEW YORK They were celebrating outside the governor's office Friday as Eliot Spitzer handed a landmark victory to a half-million illegal immigrants.

The state will no longer require proof of citizenship for driver's licenses.

"We're changing our policy with respect to getting more people out of shadows and into the system so people don't hide they're here," Spitzer said.

He said the current restrictions on non-citizens have filled the roads with unlicensed drivers five times more likely to get into accidents.

But the also called it a matter of justice.

full story:
    http://wcbstv.com/seenon/local_story_264172034.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's an entry from a blogger on redstate.com. I don't know how reliable this writer's info is, or about the title of the post, and I can't link to the Wall Street Journal article that's referenced. But this shows we can't let up or let our guard down:
    -------------------

Amnesty now! Why the "Dream Act" will pass.
    By Old Crow Posted in Immigration — Comments (1) / Email this page » / Leave a comment »
    Dick Durbin has a new sales pitch to get the DOD behind supporting the "Dream Act". He intends to attach the legislation to the defense authorization bill that will be rushed through later this fall and thus hide this, as much as he can, from the public.

The pitch to the military is allow undocumented immigrants, who have a high school diploma, the option of enlisting in the armed forces. I assume they would have to pass the ASVAB vocational test with the same scores as citizens, as well as criminal background checks but I have not been able to confirm this.

Bill Carr, Deputy Undersecretary for Military-Personnel Policy is pushing this from the civilian side of the Pentagon.

I spent five years recruiting and keep in touch with the folks doing it today. Although the job is challenging, the services are meeting their recruiting goals. There is NO recruiting crisis.

The most cogent article is in the WSJ (subscription required).

note: None of the appropriations bills have been passed so far, watch as they roll them into big bundles with a little sugar for everyone and rush them through in the dead of night.

---------------
    comment:
    Kit Bond - my senator - has pledged to vote against it..... by St. Louis Conservative
    ...hopefully Claire McCaskill will too since she opposed the first immigration bill, but you never know. I think grassroots activists have done a pretty decent job of getting the word out on this thing. Limbaugh and Laura Ingraham have been talking about it on the radio, plus NumbersUSA is already all over it. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will die.

“.....women and minorities hardest hitâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by the_patriot
    Calling today.
    Will report results.

Anyone from CA, can you confirm Boxer? We had one activists say she is against this bill.

Trying to confirm
    Thank you for contacting me regarding the safety of Mexican-owned trucks on U.S. highways. I share your concerns and am pleased to report that the Senate recently acted to address them.

As you may know, the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) contained a provision to give Mexican trucks access to U.S. roads. During the debate over NAFTA, I joined many members of Congress in raising critical safety concerns about this provision and in working to pass legislation requiring Mexican trucks to meet certain safety standards before gaining full access to the Unites States.

The Bush Administration claims it has met the standards set by Congress and recently implemented a one-year pilot program allowing certain Mexican trucks to drive anywhere in our country.

I am deeply concerned about these trucks entering the United States . I strongly believe that the drivers of these trucks should have valid commercial driving licenses and comply with our hours-of-service laws. The trucks should adhere to our weight limit regulations and clean air requirements.

That is why I am pleased to report that on September 11, 2007, the Senate passed an amendment to the Transportation Appropriations bill (H.R.3074) that would block a program allowing certain Mexican trucks to drive anywhere in the United States. I voted for this amendment, which passed with an overwhelmingly bipartisan vote of 75-23.

We must protect the air quality and safety of our communities, and we must also ensure that these trucks meet our transportation safety standards. Rest assured that I am closely monitoring this situation and will keep working to protect the safety of the American people and environment.

Again, thank you for writing to me. Please keep in touch with me about this and any other issue of concern to you.

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator

Please visit my website at http://boxer.senate.gov