Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don't we have ENOUGH struggles of our OWN without taking on the struggles of the world?? That's what has gotten us in the mess we're in right now. It is NOT our responsibility to change the world. We have enough on our plates just keeping our own heads above water.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Judy said it, and I adopted it for my signature.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Speaking of struggles, I find it becomes more and more of a struggle not to blow a gasket every time someone makes the statement that "their struggle is ours."

I guess if you want globalism you can look at it as a common struggle. But I don't. I don't believe globalism will work and I don't see any evidence that it has ever worked. What would the more affluent nations stand to gain if they agreed to share all they have worked for with third world nations who don't seem to have the gumption to fight for their own rights against tyrannical governments? All globalism will do is to make nearly everyone poor. Given that those 3rd world people don't believe in or practice birth control, their reproductive habits alone would break the backs of the wealthy nations in less than ten years. I don't think I want any part of such an agreement.

Think back. Was Caesar able to keep the empire he obtained through conquest together? How about Alexander? Ghengis Khan? The Moors? How about the British Empire? More recently, how about the USSR? When a government tries to control too much territory, the system crumbles. When one government tries to control too many diverse cultures, the system crumbles. When one government tries to contol peoples of different languages, the system crumbles.

Do you think that the Europeans aren't already in a mess since they voted for one currency and open borders a few years back? The wealthier countries are upset with the breech of their borders, the depreciation of their monetary values and the deterioration of their cultures.

Why in the world would we want to follow that example?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please add to the list :
    " they are taking jobs that no americans want>"
    when have poor americans been interviewed about this matter?
    What happened to living wage jobs and union jobs etc?
    but even so, many americans would like those 7.00 an hour jobs and above that mexicans are getting. they simply aren't consulted about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Judy said it, and I adopted it for my signature.
    I LIKE IT!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Europe is a very good example of the problems when they adopt a common currency. Great Britain refused to do it and, at the time, I really HATED that because it was SO NICE travelling and not having to constantly change currency but now I am beginning to understand why Great Britain didn't give up the pound. All of the other countries are unhappy about the Euro now and I bet the OPEN borders are going to present a big problem as well.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Yeah, I'd like to see some of those seven dollar an hour jobs here, too. Unfortunately, the influx of illegals keeps our jobs down to minimum wage or slightly above.
    It really stinks!

Frankly, I find it very difficult to believe that some of these people in my county would refuse a job that paid $7 an hour--ESPECIALLY since most of those people are paid under the table anyway so they aren't having taxes and Social Security deducted from their pay.

I don't know that the wages to the illegals that take our jobs are even "under the table." I think the deal is that they get jobs with fake social security numbers, have the same withholding that normal people have, then they whine because they can't collect social security or get income tax returns because they can't risk getting caught by filing taxes.

There are some groups now who are trying to work toward getting social security for people who paid into the system with false documents. I think that is a whole lot of hogwash!

The US has a long and bloody history of interventions in South and Central America to make the Americas a safe place to do business for the elites. NAFTA, FTAA, CAFTA are the new extensions of this. A legacy of these inteventions is the influx of immigrants from these areas who normally would not have the need to leave their homes if economic conditions were favorable. That is why I use such a term as "their struggle is our struggle" - because they are flipsides of the same coin. The main motivational factor behind all of this is the parasitic relationship monied interests in the US have with other areas. That is why I say fighting immigrants is not the answer - because the main motivations for their appearance are the plutocratic system of laws and history of interventions. I would say if you are really concerned about illegal immigration the first and formost thing is to realize the CAUSE of this and focus on the root instead of the symptom.

To those who find solace in labelling me an "anarchist" in order to dismiss my ideas and then go on about how my system of thought is wrong is kind of funny, The reason is because you assume you know my belief system and then you go on to say why they are wrong without any regard to what I really think. I am not an anarchist, I don't believe in lack of authority or any of those other things. I also am not a Marxist. I am of my own persuasion and I may sight things which are from various points of political spectrum, but I do so because they ring true with what I believe, not becuase I support the fullness of the politics behind. I actually find that populist conservatives have been more accurate in the assessment of certain issues than a lot of liberals and leftists. I would and do sight their ideas as well. I am not coming from an angle that I just want to prove you all wrong, I am here because I know that on some level their is a certain unity of ideas that exists between the populist elements of your movement and what I think as well. There are some areas which are in direct conflict, but I would not be here if I didn't think some of what you say is correct. The voice of the American workers and farmers is very important, but unfortunately many times we get bamboozeld into factional politics which divide us over relatively minute things - that is why the neo-cons swept the "red" states - because so many of these working and middle class people are so caught up in the buzz words that these Machiavellian villains know how to use to get the votes. In the end though, all these poeple who voted for these tyrants are just going to be used and spit out - and that is really sad. So it is important that we do realize that we are in a similar situation with many of the stuggling people in the world and that unity with them in certain issues is important to form a common front against an arrogant enemy.

I find it very careless that one poster is trying to pigeon hole ideas I have shared with violent elements in Mexico for example, I think that was a strategic move and I think you are in cahoots with the Republicans. You are also the one who posted about terrorists coming over the border - I think you are a pawn who is trying to paint the struggle of ones fighting for sovereignty with the broad brush of terrorism which makes it easier to justify more of this same neo-con agenda. Note the post about the 11 elections coming up in Central and South America, and also the new Mel Gibson movie coming about about the "bloodthirsty" Mayans - I know all about this psy-op game, to paint anti-free trade populists with the terrorist brush is EXACTLY what the neo-cons/neo-libs are trying to do. To get the record straight I am a peaceful person and do not condone acts of violence - please don't allude to that - you aren't going to able to get rid of me like that by painting me with the bullshi* brush. If ones want me to leave the board, please let me know and I will courteously bow out and respect your decision. Thanks.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast