Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Who is in control?

I live in Savannah, Ga with two large military installations in the area comprising about 30,000 troops not including families. We have a majority African-American population (64 percent) with Whites (35 percent) and Hispanics (1 percent). The job market is small. The 2 main industries are tourism and supporting the military. Most apartment complexes here are occupied by majority military. There are only about 3,000 illegal Hispanics in this area. The illegals live in their own communities and look clean when I pass by them. We have occasional crime committed by illegal Hispanics (DUI's, attacks and rapes of senior citizens and child molestation). I haven't heard of any armed robberies or other major felonies committed by them. We have a large problem with gangs and crimes committed by them but these are indigenous gangs in which the majority of crimes are perpetrated against the Hispanic population. A large part of the illegal Hispanic population lives in one apartment complex which experiences many home invasions and street robberies by gang members targeting them. Another segment lives in a trailor park and they are robbed and accosted by gangs too. I don't think there ever will be a large infux of illegal Hispanics as the job magnet will never be as large as in other cities.

Maybe federal law - but I think state law is a little different.

Actually, there was a case, don't know if it was in TExas or not, a family filed suit because the seller didn't disclose that it was haunted!!!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Xianleather
    Quote Originally Posted by ArticleIV
    It's also not a good idea to taunt them with the signs on the roof of your car.
    I dont see it as taunting, If they can read them thats fine, I WILL NOT hide my feelings on the subject from anyone. If they disagree with my stance thats fine. If they understood what I was saying, I would express how I feel about it to them, in a polite manner. Was it fair we were all taunted with Mexican flags and racial signs when they marched? Thats taunting.
    Absolutely!!!!!!!!!
    <div align="center">"IF it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight-Dial 1-800-USMC"</div>

First off, whoever posted about "polka" music being blasted... it's actually mariachi. Polka is German (and often sung in English) P

As for living next to Mexicans, I have several times. When I lived in Tucson I lived in a 1 bedroom apartment that was right next door to a 2 bedroom. A Mexican family lived in the 2 bedroom apartment and when I say family I'm not just talking about parents and kids. On any given day at least 10 people were in that apartment. But I will say this. They were great neighbors. I lived alone at the time and if I was walking up with my arms full of groceries the kids would always offer to help. They would walk my puppy too, if I didn't feel up to it. If they had leftovers some days, they would offer me a plate for dinner as they always cooked a large authentic Mexican meal on Sundays, and often times we spoke of Mexico City and various places there. I have family in Mexico City and visited them often as a child so I have great memories of it.
    I do not know if this family that was next door were legal or not but I do know that the children were taught to speak English even at home, even though they did speak Spanish often as well.

Now fast forward about 3 years to after I returned to Texas. My boyfriend and I were renting a shabby trailer house from a slum lord landlord. On the street that we lived on were about 10 trailers. We were the only non-Mexican on the street. The had absolutely no respect for anyone else. Most could not speak any English at all and ones who could spoke very little. I worked nights at the time and at least twice a week I had to go tell someone to turn down their music cause it was vibrating my house. I had the police department on speed dial for days that I didn't want to have to get out of bed, put clothes and shoes on and walk down the road to argue yet again with someone who didn't understand me. One night i was off work but exhausted since music had been blaring all day and I didn't have any sleep since the day before. I had just gotten into bed around 9 pm and all of a sudden on top of the music were shouts of "Ayiyayaya!" and other nonsense. My boyfriend tried to stop me, but I slammed out of the house in nothing but a nightshirt and pants, and stormed down the street to where about 20 of them had gathered.

I told them to turn the F*cking music off, and stop the loud noise. One woman, who was American and who I had seen around the neighborhood before says "Oh? What are you gonna do if they dont?" I said. "I will call the Beaumont Police Department and when I finish talking to them, I will call IMMIGRATION." You shoulda seen how fast they ran. Within 3 minutes all that was left was me and this woman. She says "I don't know what your problem is... they are just doing what Mexicans do." I told her "Sorry lady but you've been hanging around the wrong Mexicans if that is what you think. Cause I know many that are fine upstanding people and they would NEVER act like these are acting." With that, I went home and went to bed.

A few days later, I taped a sign on my door that said.

1. If you are here about cops being called. Yup, I did it.
    2. If you don't agree with having the cops called on you, then turn down the music and quit being so loud.
    3. If you are selling stuff, I don't want it.
    4. If you are a Church group, don't bother. If you are a Spanish Church group, REALLY don't bother.

Under neath that was the message: "Si no puedes leer el mensaje antedicho, IR A CASA. " Which hopefully meant "If you cannot read the above message, GO HOME.", since I Googled for the translation when I wrote it. :P
    ---Reesa---
    Yes, I am from Texas. No, I didn't vote for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    I had a legal family from Nicarauga living 2 doors down from me years ago, they were nice and spoke English, the nanny didn't speak English too good, but she did fine.

it would be a toss up for my worse neighbors. In that same house some people had some real mean dogs. I almost got attacked several times, once by 2 dogs, had my door been locked I would have been ripped to pieces -- 1 of those dogs was the meanest thing I'd ever seen -- his eyes were red and I swear he was like satan. I ran into the column on the porch once trying to get away and my poor little dog, I had to grab her and run.

I had to call the cops on many occasions and at first they were like 'yeah right' so I told them to go across the street and talk to the men, they came back and told me to call anytime.

When the police would go to the house they would tell them the dog broke the chain and got out of the fence. I told them it was mighty funny that dog worked on a calendar -- he'd always get out on Friday after 5:00.

One night, after I had called the cops twice already, I heard a commotion and looked out and the dog was after the man that lived across the street -- I called the cops again and in a few minutes I heard two shots, I thought sure Gary had killed the dog, but he hadn't.

It also got after a little old lady walking her poodle one morning and I had to scream to get his attention -- I hated that dog!

I was so glad when those people moved, a black family moved in after that and there hasn't been any problems since.

and the house right next door was is an Iranian family.
    I live in the country (somewhat). Loxahatchee, Florida is 20 minutes away from West Palm. Most of the Hispanics here are Cuban.
    A couple of years ago my 6 year old daughter came running into the house so hysterical she coundn't even talk. She was pale and out of breath. I ran outside to see what had happened and a 150lb rotweiler was standing in my driveway growling and showing his teeth. I yelled at it and the damn dog charged at me. So I ran into the house and grabbed my 45 from the bedroom and went back out the door. The dog was down at the end of the driveway and headed toward the road so I let it be.
    My wife arrived from grocery shopping and was able to calm my daughter.
    I knew who the dog belonged to since I had seen it in the fenced yard of the Cuban family that had recently moved in two roads down.
    I went to their house and told Julio that his dog had just scared the hell out of my 6 year old daughter and that if it ever comes to my place again, I'm going to shoot the damn thing. Julio apologized and said that he would be more carefull with the dog.
    About two months later I was leaving for work early Saturday morning and as I walked out the door, there was the damn rotweiler standing between me and my truck. Growling really loud. I went back inside and came back with the 45. Placed one shot, loaded the dead dog onto the back of the truck, dropped him off in Julios yard and went to work. Never another problem.
    <div align="center">"IF it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight-Dial 1-800-USMC"</div>

There is a Mexican type music that shoulds a lot like the polka. It isn't exactly what I consider Mariachi - but there is such a similarity.

I can see how it would be called polka.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have been laughing my head off. Not for any of your misfortunes, but so many have cures for the situations you've been confronted with and the way they were handled were subperb!

There is one nearby house which was rented out to newcomers a short while ago. Back yard sounded like a day care center of little ones.

One early (4 a.m.) I happened to notice two people carrying five trash bags and depositing them beside our loan trash bag. At 4 a.m. it's still dark, but the security camera does a fine job. Technically, that's called illegal dumping. NOT in my yard. By day break I was up and out there, with latex gloves on and moved the five bags of trash to the middle of side along the road, no trash pickup there. I then over to that house and banged on the door. No one came to the door. Two other neighbors came to see me later on and told me they were the ones who did it. I knew that. I had already called the police and advised them of the illegal dumping. There are a lot of people over there, several shades of color and stature, and far too many for a two bedroom house.

The police came to see me, I showed him a replay of the culprits in action. He went over to that house, and of course they denied they had put it here. I didn't expect they would admit it. However, they took their trash bags back and so far, that's been the end of that. Now if it truly wasn't theirs, why would they have taken it back? I'm just not about to have our yard become the dumping ground for others.

Not long after, I received a telephone call from some Family Services, inquiring as to what I knew about them, and how many families were living there. I don't have a clue as to how many families, or a head count, but it's a beehive in general. Our house faces at a different angle away from that house. The gentleman told me they had applied for social services of some kind and were being looked into as to the amount of people living there. Then it came out that another neighbor had alerted this office, their house faces directly at them.

Don't know the outcome of that, but I haven't heard any screaming babies and toddlers since.

We have the security camera due to our car having been keyed, light pole broken and repaired several times, mailbox whacked and broken and we finally said to heck with fixing it again, and I'm not going to buy another one. Not yet anyway. So went and rented a post office box. Last time they knocked the box clear off the post. We had erected metal pipes in concrete, which went up the sides of the post and across the top. That was when passing bye in their cars, they'd whack mailboxes with something. Was figuring if they swipped at it again, they hit the metal in concrete and would get a darn good vibration out of that. That was effective for over a year.

There's been much other vandalism in the neighborhood, break ins, robberies, etc. Each year, deterioration of the neighborhood advances.

So while we sleep, the camera watches. Just so happened, I was up that time and watched them do it. We also have motion detector lights all around the house. They are helpful to some degree. Anyone sneaking around in the dark, doesn't want to have bright spot lights on them.

My issues aren't up to par with some of yours. I just find your courage admirable as well as so funny the way you have handled some things.

Right on!

Reesa, the polka music we're talking about IS actually a mexican derivation of German polka music called 'ranchera' (hillbilly) music. The german immigrants brought it to mexico a long time ago and it caught on with the locals. Then they brought it here for us to enjoy(?).

It has the same ooompa loompa beat as german polka except with a bass booster blasting the back beat. Mexicanized polka, so to speak.

I hear it going up and down the streets of my town all day long.

Speaking of mexicanized, I'm sure you all had a mexicanized memorial day like I did, if you have to live among them?

One ray of hope for us is that these people are big drinkers and their livers can't hold out forever....
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Maybe federal law - but I think state law is a little different.

Actually, there was a case, don't know if it was in TExas or not, a family filed suit because the seller didn't disclose that it was haunted!!!!!!!
    and YOU would be correct, Trix! STATE LAW and they are all different.
    {one would think that a lawyer would know that

He didn't say he was a lawyer he said he has a masters in law, not a J.D.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast