Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by NoIllegalsAllowed
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Geoff,

But, aren't the Spanish white?
    Yes, I think so but not sure. When I visited Spain while TDY in the Air Force, I expected dark skinned people but got light skinned people instead. I was very surprised. But then, there is also alot I don't know. Anyone? Beuller?
    Now, I don' t know how the Hispanics here in NM got darker skin, perhaps they mixed with Native Americans or Mexicans somehow over the years. But some of these Hispanics ARE light skinned. My son-in-law is Hispanic and I didn't know it for some time.
    DING DING DING!! you are right, when I lived in Florida I had many spanish friends, all from Spain, and MOST had blonde hair and blue eyes... But I think some areas of Spain do have darker skinned people..

I went to school with a Spanish guy that had auburn hair and a darker complexion but not as dark as the Mexicans. Also, don't Spaniards have different skin tones than the Mexicans. For instance, American Indians really look red. Many Asians are olive toned. Spaniards I would say are a little more on the gold or yellowish tan side. Mexicans seem really brown but the Mexican Indians are lighter complected I think.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am surrounded by people from the South and they are very rude and have no class. They have dogs that bark all night and routinely blast their stupid Polka music.

The cops here in Escondido do nothing and are useless. They are more concerned about offending them then upholding the laws.

There is a large Spanish-speaking church nearby that gets tons of complaints from neighbors about noise levels. Although they have toned it down after police warnings, I could still hear them two miles away this past Sunday evening. I guess they couldn't contain their glee over THEIR good news from OUR Senate.
    We also have two houses nearby that I know of where the illegals are piled up on one another, breaking zoning laws (no more than 6 unrelated persons may occupy a single-family residence.) I called the zoning office on them, and the number of cars decreased at one house.
    A few years back, a house two doors from us had to be gutted after illegals nearly destroyed it when the sewage system got backed up. Human filth was everywhere. All interior walls and floors and subfloors had to be replaced when they left. The American owner of this house tried to build a garage to house his illegal workers on the top level while storing his construction equipment on the first level. The owner had gone so far as to put in a foundation for the building. When we went to the building permit office to find out what was going on, they said he had NO PERMIT to build. They must have gotten after him because the foundation was replaced later by a grassy lawn. If we had not spoken up in time, he would have gotten away with it because Charlotte building inspectors say that "it is sometimes easier to just let it go." So, one person can do some good for the neighborhood.
    Just keep complaining!

MOD EDIT
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Coincidentally, MSNBC ran a special last night on the "Innocent Victims of Meth." If it is rebroadcast or available online, you REALLY need to see it. I only caught the tail end but they were talking about a family that had purchased a home, suffered all kinds of ill health effects, and then found out it was because their home had been a prior meth lab. The show claims this was not an isloated incident and that lots of unwitting Americans are living in "sick homes" from having once been meth labs. It was scary because the law does NOT require home sellers to tell potential buyers the history of the home.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Oh yeah, I have already contacted the police, and started the ball rolling.

My son and niece were on our front porch "roasting" marshmallows with votive candles (they are 12!!), and said from the open window, they smelled burning fingernail polish remover (acetone) and what they thought was bleach. According to what I have read on the internet, at least acetone is used in making meth, I am not so sure of bleach. Anyways, when my niece yelled out "gross what is that awful smell", there was a flurry of activity in that room, then the window closed and the light went off. This said it all to me.

We had spoke with our oh so wonderful foreigner slumlords, asking them to keep it all confidential, and the wife at least seemed concerned, but that goes as far as to the next rent check!!

Before I moved into my townhouse, I lived at a apartment complex where a huge family of Mexicans lived underneathe me. Ironically, it wasn't the Mexicans that were loud, but the neighbor across from me and another neighbor right next to me. They were friends and did drugs. All hours of the night, they would be fighting with their boyfriends or something another.. I called the police on them a couple times and complained to the office staff several times as well. after a few months, they were evicted..

Theres no Mexicans in my townhome community.. thankfully.. But there are other less desirables there that I wish were gone.

It was scary because the law does NOT require home sellers to tell potential buyers the history of the home.
    I am not really sure about that. There are some very strict disclosure laws here in Texas. If you knowingly sold a person a home that had potential health problems, I think they would have recourses.

As for having illegals for neighbors, you guys kept me awake last night after reading all those posts.

I do live here in the country - and at first I thought, 'Thank goodness' - then I thought about the two rent houses - one joins our property. The other one belongs to a church. Then I remember on down the road are some really bad trailers.

Oh my, I woke up last night in a cold sweat just thinking what could happen. Not for us especially as we don't really live here - but our son and his family have a home on the property now.

We have owned this land for quite some time but never used it and decided once to sell it. This Mexican man heard us talking about it one time and approached us to buy it. He offered a very good price. He was going to put trailers on it. I am sad to say we considered it - for about 5 minutes. I just couldn't do that to this community.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

federal law only requires disclosure of lead (I know. I have Masters in law and my son got lead poisoning from our old home and we HAD to reveal this as a term of the sale). However, if the potential buyer specifically asks about a meth problem and you knowingly lie, then yes, there are legal ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    It was scary because the law does NOT require home sellers to tell potential buyers the history of the home.
    I am not really sure about that. There are some very strict disclosure laws here in Texas. If you knowingly sold a person a home that had potential health problems, I think they would have recourses.

As for having illegals for neighbors, you guys kept me awake last night after reading all those posts.

I do live here in the country - and at first I thought, 'Thank goodness' - then I thought about the two rent houses - one joins our property. The other one belongs to a church. Then I remember on down the road are some really bad trailers.

Oh my, I woke up last night in a cold sweat just thinking what could happen. Not for us especially as we don't really live here - but our son and his family have a home on the property now.

We have owned this land for quite some time but never used it and decided once to sell it. This Mexican man heard us talking about it one time and approached us to buy it. He offered a very good price. He was going to put trailers on it. I am sad to say we considered it - for about 5 minutes. I just couldn't do that to this community.

Yes we do, I posted about them a few weeks ago.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast