Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    because if they catch me and I wil get deported and I'll probably never be able to travel agian to Ireland as they mat ban me forl ife if I sneak in and go working without any permit.
    Amazing concept huh?? Ever wonder why they would have laws like that?? And the gall of the American people to want to enforce their own similar laws....
    But Ireland is another country with other laws. Laws that are in the best interest of that country. Ireland has never been a country where immigrants moved to, but the US is. So that they don't want people coming to their country without permission is understandable, while we stole america from american indians. we have always been a nation of immigrants. But I also want Ireland to drop their immigration laws so I can go work there. I'm working on moving as i'm applying for worker's permit at their consulate, but it's very hard to get a permit. It's not fait either, I should have the right to work everywhere I want, just like all people in the world should have that right
    If Bush is willing to reward illegals to get legal status, why can't I hire them ?

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    I know that some ilelgal aliens carry a TN driver's license and claim to be US citiznes when they cross the border, and now we must all have a pasport asa nafta citizens to travel within nafta. It's all the fault of activists like you ! Good that Ann hates liberals as I hate conservatives.
    You're still missing the point. ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL. So what part of that word don't you understand?
    3 syllables, 2 vowels, 5 consenants.
    Just because you believe a law is pety, or you don't agree with it, doesn't justify breaking it!

Thereez, why don't you give me the names, numbers, etc. of all the illegals you know, and I'll be happy to report them to the authorities.

Is that the best that your liberal attitude can come up with? Its because of 'activists like me'? Next you'll be calling me racist, xenophobic, and any other kind of 'ism' you can find to somehow validate your argument, which cannot be done.
    No sippy, I won't call you a racist or xenophobic.
    A patriot is someone who loves his country, as racist is someone who view other human beings is less worth. Huge difference. Patriots are in no way racists and they can never be compared to each other. But Congress agreed to build a fence, the government agreed to only accept passports in the future. It's all because of pressure from activists like you. NOTE: an activist is not a racist. I'm an activist too, I want all borders gone in the whole world.
    If Bush is willing to reward illegals to get legal status, why can't I hire them ?

Ireland has never been a country where immigrants moved to, but the US is. So that they don't want people coming to their country without permission is understandable, while we stole america from american indians. we have always been a nation of immigrants.
    But you see, we Americans have laws that allow numerous immigrants to come to this country as long as they do it in an orderly manner. Why is that so much to ask?
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thereez
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Your a world citizen. So, where have you lived besides the US?

Dixie
    nowhere, but I travel a lot.
    Where have you travelled?

BTW - I find it amusing that you believe the census will give us an accurate number of illegal aliens. The very idea of an apartment crammed full of non-English speakers filling out a census form claiming there are 12 illegal adults living there is grist for a comedy bit, not for serious discussion.
    I've travelled to Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
    I've only been to one African country - Egypt, as I've always wanted to see those pyramids. I mostly go to Ireland as I like the culture, people and the landscape. So nice and isolated small country surrounded by the sea. If I shouldn't believe census, who else to believe ? You ???
    Wake up an sniff the coffee, Thereez! How the Hell do you think the US Cnesus is going to get an accurate number for illegals? Hello? Is there anybody home?

Do you not understand that the Census is filled out by citizens? Do you not understand that illegals are not citizens and so they are HIGHLY unlikely to provide the government with ANY accurate information, ESPECIALLY when many of them are breaking the terms of their leases or of municipal codes by cramming several multiples of the maximum allowable number of adults into a dwelling?

You really didn't think your comment out at all, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    Thereez -

Americans can have alot if they work hard and earn it. That is the main difference between Mexico and the USA. Mexicans need to demand more of their goverment - it's Mexico's responsibility to take care of it's citizens. It's not OUR responsibility to care for these people who need ALOT of help in many areas, such as health and education. You may think the USA has eternal pockets, but there is a bottom and we will hit it if this continues.

Also, where do we draw the line with "jobs Americans "won't do/aren't doing", etc? First, it's picking tomatoes, then it's landscaping, then it's construction and roofing, then fast food, secretarial, and on and on and on.
    Pretty soon we won't have any jobs because the illegals will be doing them on wages that don't benefit them or their families. Not only are they pushing americans out of jobs with the wages but also with bilingual job requirements.

Enough is enough. The Mexican government is wealthy and corrupt and the citizens of that country should DEMAND change. When you earn something you will cherish it more. That's the american way.
    I know that the difference between us and the mexicans is huge and that we share the busiest border in the world. But I'm not only focussing on mexico, I'm focussing on this wolrd. I just don't believe that borders are right. Why should someone Vietnam not be allowed to travel to the US to see the Grand Canyon ? Note that many visas are denied to travellers form 3rd world. That's not fair. I know that there are jobs americans won't do. I mean, I don't want to clean toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    Umm...........OK.now i have to lower my living standard to help some lazy foreigners who after billions in US Aid besides the 20-30 billion a year in US weath they export? Tell me thereez, how much more Billions or is it Trillions do they need?
    they don't need money, they need education to fix their countries.
    Education and knowledge is more important than money.
    But to prevent a child dying eveyr 3 seconds, we have to send billions to unicef
    Let's face it thereez, these countries you speak of have been around longer than the U.S. itself and after Billions in aid and other things they still can't get their act together. No amount of education or money will make a difference. Quite frankly i could give a hoot about Mexico and the others. My concern is The United States and it's well being which is being threatened by many enemies includeing the Renegade Outlaw Government of Mexico and the millions of law breaking Illegal Aliens they are pushing on us.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    Ireland has never been a country where immigrants moved to, but the US is. So that they don't want people coming to their country without permission is understandable, while we stole america from american indians. we have always been a nation of immigrants.
    But you see, we Americans have laws that allow numerous immigrants to come to this country as long as they do it in an orderly manner. Why is that so much to ask?
    because sometimes the waiting time can be 25 years, that;'s insane. While on the other hand we have the Green Card Lottery, which is also not fair

Reprocicity wrote:

No amount of education or money will make a difference. Quite frankly i could give a hoot about Mexico and the others
    I agree. How much longer do we have to throw money at countries who just don't seem to be able to pull themselves out of poverty. Frankly, at some point you just have to turn and walk away.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    So you must like living in America.

Dixie
    No, I want to move to Ireland, but it's hard to get a worker's permit.
    Funny. The first thing the Irish do is figure out where they're emigrating. The old Irish folks in my family used to write poems and sing songs about their longing for the Emerald Isle, but not one of them gave half a thought to actually returning.
    that was centuries ago as there was a potatoe crisis, lack of food.
    Ireland is now a pretty rich country thanx to EU funding. The Irish are like one big family compared to Americans. We don't care to much about each other here in the US.
    Centuries ago? wouldn't that have come as a surprise to my family members who lived through it in the mid-1800s?

Let's see, where else are you wrong? First off, the recent Irish boom (which, by the way, has been on the decline SINCE Ireland joined the EU) was not related to "EU funding," but rather to moderated corporate tax policies and relaxed governmental regulation implemented over the last couple of decades.

As for how the Irish "care about each other," I guess you've never heard of the IRA or witnessed any of the sectarian strife over there. I'm beginning to think that you have either never been there or at least have only been to one or two locations and for very short periods of time. Also, I don't know where you live, but where I live neighbors and family members get along fine and help each other out all the time.

Maybe you're from NY.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    I know that some ilelgal aliens carry a TN driver's license and claim to be US citiznes when they cross the border, and now we must all have a pasport asa nafta citizens to travel within nafta. It's all the fault of activists like you ! Good that Ann hates liberals as I hate conservatives.
    You're still missing the point. ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL. So what part of that word don't you understand?
    3 syllables, 2 vowels, 5 consenants.
    Just because you believe a law is pety, or you don't agree with it, doesn't justify breaking it!

Thereez, why don't you give me the names, numbers, etc. of all the illegals you know, and I'll be happy to report them to the authorities.

Is that the best that your liberal attitude can come up with? Its because of 'activists like me'? Next you'll be calling me racist, xenophobic, and any other kind of 'ism' you can find to somehow validate your argument, which cannot be done.
    But what is ilegal in one country, can be legal in another country.
    I can smoke pot in Amsterdam, I could drink at the age of 18 when I travelled to Ireland. I mean, what is legal or illegal is just decided by the government, so by humans and I think that no humans should be prohibited form oding what he likes as long as it's not harming another person and I don't see illegals harming us. I will never report people, as that's immoral.