Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thereez
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones
    thereez wrote:
    I don't consider myself as an US citizens, I'm a world citizen.
    I do not believe that ANY American would make a statement like this. Naturalized? Did you 'pledge allegiance to the flag'?
    What is an American ?
    That you have a Green Card ?
    That you carry an American passport ?

Let me tell you that if I travel to Asia and my passport gets lost or stolen, that it wil take me days before I can travel again on a kinda emergency passport. That I must go to the US consulate to get a new one ? Why ? Is it not better that when all citizens in this world can travel freely, so that we don't have to worry anymore aobut our documents being lost or stolen ?
    Quite a rant.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Your a world citizen. So, where have you lived besides the US?

Dixie
    nowhere, but I travel a lot.
    Where have you travelled?

BTW - I find it amusing that you believe the census will give us an accurate number of illegal aliens. The very idea of an apartment crammed full of non-English speakers filling out a census form claiming there are 12 illegal adults living there is grist for a comedy bit, not for serious discussion.
    I've travelled to Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
    I've only been to one African country - Egypt, as I've always wanted to see those pyramids. I mostly go to Ireland as I like the culture, people and the landscape. So nice and isolated small country surrounded by the sea. If I shouldn't believe census, who else to believe ? You ???
    Wake up an sniff the coffee, Thereez! How the Hell do you think the US Cnesus is going to get an accurate number for illegals? Hello? Is there anybody home?

Do you not understand that the Census is filled out by citizens? Do you not understand that illegals are not citizens and so they are HIGHLY unlikely to provide the government with ANY accurate information, ESPECIALLY when many of them are breaking the terms of their leases or of municipal codes by cramming several multiples of the maximum allowable number of adults into a dwelling?

You really didn't think your comment out at all, did you?
    Like I don't know how census work, I fill it in too.
    But the government controls the borders and they are right on it and so they can better estimate the number of ilelgal aliens and not some groups who want to state that the number of ilegal aliens is high as it is good for their cause.
    If Bush is willing to reward illegals to get legal status, why can't I hire them ?

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Okay, I've been busy at work and haven't had much time to post today, but I did get a chance to read this thread. It took a little Pepto Bismol to settle my stomach, but otherwise I think I'll get over this.

1 ) Mexico gets less money and therefor it's people will become extremely poor

2 ) The 20 milion illegal aliens that are currently in the US, will have a huge burden on the Mexican economy when they are sent back.
    Uhm...excuse me, but the 10 million illegal aliens that are currently in the U.S. are placing a huge burden on the AMERICAN ECONOMY. These people are Mexico's problem, not the United States'.

[quote:16qg54z2]My ideas sound kinda crazy,
    Ya think???
    but the burden on the mexican economy will be 24 times higher than the burden on the american economy when those illegals are deported. we have 3 times mex pop and we make an average about 8 times more, so 8 x 3 = 24[/quote:16qg54z2]

Thereez,

As Americangirl put it so well, this burden on the Mexican economy is MEXICO's BURDEN and RESPONSIBLITY TO FIX, not American taxpayers'. It's about time illegal aliens from Mexico and other nations stay in their own countries and demand their leaders and elected officious ******** make their lives better.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

I know that some ilelgal aliens carry a TN driver's license and claim to be US citiznes when they cross the border, and now we must all have a pasport asa nafta citizens to travel within nafta. It's all the fault of activists like you
    Thereez, now you are creating a double standard here. First you told me because of activists like me, now we must all have a passport to travel within nafta. Then in your reply back, you claim yourself to be an activist. So apparently its mine and your fault because of the passport problem eh?

I didn't know there were different levels of being an activist.

I'm an activist too, I want all borders gone in the whole world.
    Well you can catch the next mission to the moon. There's no borders up there. Take along the cheap labor you hired to build a moon house.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    Umm...........OK.now i have to lower my living standard to help some lazy foreigners who after billions in US Aid besides the 20-30 billion a year in US weath they export? Tell me thereez, how much more Billions or is it Trillions do they need?
    they don't need money, they need education to fix their countries.
    Education and knowledge is more important than money.
    But to prevent a child dying eveyr 3 seconds, we have to send billions to unicef
    Let's face it thereez, these countries you speak of have been around longer than the U.S. itself and after Billions in aid and other things they still can't get their act together. No amount of education or money will make a difference. Quite frankly i could give a hoot about Mexico and the others. My concern is The United States and it's well being which is being threatened by many enemies includeing the Renegade Outlaw Government of Mexico and the millions of law breaking Illegal Aliens they are pushing on us.
    Ok, then please lcose your eyes and count till 60 and see that 20 children just suffered an horrible death due to lack of nutrition. Just think of it ? You think that's right ?
    If Bush is willing to reward illegals to get legal status, why can't I hire them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    So you must like living in America.

Dixie
    No, I want to move to Ireland, but it's hard to get a worker's permit.
    Funny. The first thing the Irish do is figure out where they're emigrating. The old Irish folks in my family used to write poems and sing songs about their longing for the Emerald Isle, but not one of them gave half a thought to actually returning.
    that was centuries ago as there was a potatoe crisis, lack of food.
    Ireland is now a pretty rich country thanx to EU funding. The Irish are like one big family compared to Americans. We don't care to much about each other here in the US.
    Centuries ago? wouldn't that have come as a surprise to my family members who lived through it in the mid-1800s?

Let's see, where else are you wrong? First off, the recent Irish boom (which, by the way, has been on the decline SINCE Ireland joined the EU) was not related to "EU funding," but rather to moderated corporate tax policies and relaxed governmental regulation implemented over the last couple of decades.

As for how the Irish "care about each other," I guess you've never heard of the IRA or witnessed any of the sectarian strife over there. I'm beginning to think that you have either never been there or at least have only been to one or two locations and for very short periods of time. Also, I don't know where you live, but where I live neighbors and family members get along fine and help each other out all the time.

Maybe you're from NY.
    mid 1800 is more than a century ago, so I can say centuries.
    The Irish haven't committed an attack for a long time and they laid down their weapons as they made an agreement with the british government. The secretarian strife is in northern ireland, which is part of the uk, when I tlak about irealnd, i mean that part that has Dublin as it's capital. No ireland supported the euro and the EU as they know as they took benefit from it.

Banned
    Of course you can be powerful with 3rd world wages, just as long as the gross national products stays high. The only way we can do that, while the wages are low, is to increase the number of foreign workers here.
    Woman, you don't understand jack squat about economics, do you? Can you even define "GNP"? Hint: it's not "products."

Now, tell me what the GNP has to do with purchasing power of the average American family. Tell me how cutting Americans out of jobs with lower-paid foreigners adds to our national economic strength. And please tell me that you are not so daft as to confuse corporate earnings with national strength.

I payed 5000 for my car, but it's a used car. I don't buy new cars. Of course we need industries and manufaturies here, and that's why we must attract foreign companies to come to the US and they wil come if they only have to pay low wages - > more companies - > more working people - > higher national product. Economy is easy to understand. And I'll take a look at the site you just gave.
    Do you understand that if SOMEONE doesn't have the ability to buy new cars, THERE ARE NO USED CARS for you to buy?

Again, you really do just start typing away without ever engaging your brain, don't you?

Banned
    I was just recently in China and believe me, we don't want to run this country the way they run that one. That's the problem with "free trade." It isn't free. It isn't even cheap. If we can't afford to make a product here for what some tyrannical dictatorship is making it for, should you buy the product from the dictator? I suggest that doing so not only empowers the dictator but also punishes responsible manufacturers in free countries. It's like not being able to afford a new DVD player at the local Best Buy and instead buying a hot one from the local fence. It seems like good business sense until his "supplier" gets his next inventory from your house.
    I got your point, but it's just human nature that we want to buy good things for less money. Even if we buy it from dictators. Don't we buy oil from Middle Eastern countries like SA ?
    Ah, I see... So your humanistic leanings and concerns about egalitarianism go only so far as your own pocketbook...

Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Okay, I've been busy at work and haven't had much time to post today, but I did get a chance to read this thread. It took a little Pepto Bismol to settle my stomach, but otherwise I think I'll get over this.

1 ) Mexico gets less money and therefor it's people will become extremely poor

2 ) The 20 milion illegal aliens that are currently in the US, will have a huge burden on the Mexican economy when they are sent back.
    Uhm...excuse me, but the 10 million illegal aliens that are currently in the U.S. are placing a huge burden on the AMERICAN ECONOMY. These people are Mexico's problem, not the United States'.

[quote:gdqumwp2]My ideas sound kinda crazy,
    Ya think???
    but the burden on the mexican economy will be 24 times higher than the burden on the american economy when those illegals are deported. we have 3 times mex pop and we make an average about 8 times more, so 8 x 3 = 24
    Thereez,

As Americangirl put it so well, this burden on the Mexican economy is MEXICO's BURDEN and RESPONSIBLITY TO FIX, not American taxpayers'. It's about time illegal aliens from Mexico and other nations stay in their own countries and demand their leaders and elected officious ******** make their lives better.[/quote:gdqumwp2]

But as I also pointed out is that it would instable mexico and the result could be much more devastating to america if we deport the 10 million illegals. Deporting ilegals on the short term will have a devastating impact on us in the long term

Umm...........OK.now i have to lower my living standard to help some lazy foreigners who after billions in US Aid besides the 20-30 billion a year in US weath they export? Tell me thereez, how much more Billions or is it Trillions do they need?
    they don't need money, they need education to fix their countries.
    Education and knowledge is more important than money.
    But to prevent a child dying eveyr 3 seconds, we have to send billions to unicef
    Let's face it thereez, these countries you speak of have been around longer than the U.S. itself and after Billions in aid and other things they still can't get their act together. No amount of education or money will make a difference. Quite frankly i could give a hoot about Mexico and the others. My concern is The United States and it's well being which is being threatened by many enemies includeing the Renegade Outlaw Government of Mexico and the millions of law breaking Illegal Aliens they are pushing on us.
    Ok, then please lcose your eyes and count till 60 and see that 20 children just suffered an horrible death due to lack of nutrition. Just think of it ? You think that's right ?
    And the Governments were those people live should be held accountable and so should the parents who brought them into the world.....don't have 8 kids if you can't even feed 1
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson