Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The way I see it, if I'm stupid enough to buy foreign made goods to 'save money', and put an American out of work, thereby rendering them unable to buy MY American made product, which will put ME out of work, how much did I save? Kind of like employing illegal aliens because they're cheaper, then paying taxes out the butt to support them with social services/education/incarceration, isn't it?
    I agree with you, NotGoingToTakeItAnymore. I've read the label on many an item and saw that "Made somewhere else" either on a sticker or imbedded in it and put it back onthe shelf. My husband gets angry with me sometimes because I flat refuse to buy things that he thinks we need, but that is just the way it is.

I never thought about shopping at thrift stores for made in USA things but I will try it if there comes a time when I actually need something. Out west, I avoid going into Walmart and the dollar stores where foreign made items abound. But on the east coast, I do go in those stores because they don't appear to be hiring illegal aliens in the area where I stay here. And this summer I noticed some interesting things. The Maxway store near us had some clothing made in the USA! And the wal mart had some hanes underclothes made in the USA! I was really surprised.

I took a survey on line the other day where they gave me an opportunity to add comments. The survey had to do with things I bought recently and the saw was listed so I discussed it. When I came to the part where I could add a comment, I told them that the main reason I got the saw I got was because it was made in the USA and that I think that they should add that response to their list. Anyone else who takes surveys should do likewise.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Junius, I think all Hanes products are still made in the USA. North Carolina, I believe. Also, there are websites where you can buy American made products, shoes, etc.

http://www.madeinusa.org/

You can start here. There is a warning on the side, running top to bottom though that says not all products listed are made in the USA...I haven't checked it out fully, but it's a start.

There's even a site listed there where American flags are made in the USA and not in COMMUNIST CHINA. That one really honks me off! American flags from Communist China...what nerve!

Buddy jeans can be ordered online I think. Also, on some online shopping sites, you can search for American made products. I also still find some clothing made in the USA at Sears. Not sure about other stores.

NotGoingToTakeItAnymore, I know about the made in USA site. Thank you, though. I have ordered a couple of things from them from time to time.

Hanes and Fruit of the Loom were pretty much ALL made somewhere else a few years ago, before people started noticing. I bought some items by mistake and I was furious about the sub standard quality. I wrote to both companies and told them that I wouldn't be buying any more until they were made in the USA again. And the day I found the Hanes made in USA, they were hanging on a pegboard with packages made in South America-- I don't really remember which country-- maybe Honduras. In the past, some were marked made in Sri Lanka.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fruit of the Loom

I drive past the Frui ot Loom plant in Bowling Green KY. It's empty, no workers.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My email to General Mills.

I have a question, why are you coming out with a cereal box, in spanish?"La Lechera Flakes"This is America and English is the language here. Why do you not have cereral's in other languages such as Italian, Greek,Vietnamese,or Chinese? Why are you pandering to the Spanish population who refuse to learn our language, and carry our flags in their protest demanding their rights. Are you wanting their dollars more then you want the other Immgrants dollars? I have been buying General Mills products for a long time, now since you are enabling illegal or legal immigrants to not assimilate into our culture, perhaps you no longer need legal Americans to buy your products, if this is so then just start labeling all your products in Spanish. As for me, I will buy American products that are written in English! Thank you, Edwin McDonald.
    P.S.No, I am not rasict or prejudiced, however, I cannot say the same for General Mills since Spanish seems to be the only other language you have bothered to assimilate into other then Englisn!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I totally agree with you nittygritty. I was ready to email them and demand a cereal with Russian on it as many letters are totally different than English.

My automatic response from General Mills, we will see if I get a longer one later.

Thank you for contacting us.

Your message is being forwarded to a Consumer Services Representative who will review your inquiry and reply. Please be assured that we will respond to you as quickly as we can.

General Mills Consumer Services
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I totally agree with you nittygritty. I was ready to email them and demand a cereal with Russian on it as many letters are totally different than English.
    Would you be able to write to them in Russian? I would if I could.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes I could write them in Russian either on my computer or an old Russian typewriter I have.

My respose to their response to my email

----- Original Message -----
    To: Corporate Consumer Response
    Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 12:26 PM
    Subject: Re: General Mills Web Response 2006/10/04-0301 CLS

Ms. Sellers
    Your response is unacceptable. It is their responsibility to assimilate in to being Americans not for America to become Mexico.
    I'll go just starting eating eggs and bacon again and tell all my friends on the internet.
    Charles
    Oak Island, NC
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: will@bellsouth.net
    Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 11:51 AM
    Subject: General Mills Web Response 2006/10/04-0301 CLS

Dear Mr.---- :

Thank you for contacting General Mills with your comment about a La Lechera Cereal. We are sorry you were offended.

These products are part of our effort to reach the growing number of people of Hispanic origin in the United States. According to the 1990 census, over 22 million Hispanics reside in the U.S., and of those, 75 percent rely on Spanish as their primary language. These people select their food from the same shelves as the general population, but their understanding of these products is limited. We wish to offer them and their families an equal opportunity to enjoy our quality products.

Our efforts to reach the Hispanic residents are in no way intended to be un-American. A proud American company, General Mills employs over 80,000 people in the United States. In a country where the ethnic composition is changing rapidly, the livelihood of our employees is increasingly dependent on consumption of our products by people of all races, creeds and ethnic origins. Thus, we have initiated attempts to reach Spanish-speaking customers.

We appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention and will carefully review the information you provided with our promotion and advertising staff. We value every one of our customers and we would like to continue to include you among them in the use and enjoyment of our products.

Sincerely,

Connie Sellers

General Mills

Consumer Services

>Original Message From: will@bellsouth.net

>

>I have eaten Cheerios with a Banana and skim milk every day for the past 5 years. Starting tomorrow it's back to eggs and never another General Mills Product. This is America our language is English. When you put out products in our grocery stores such as La Lechera Flakes you are saying it is alright not to assimilate in to being Americans. It is apparent you support illegal immigrations and I will pass the word to every American I see about this. :La Lechera Flakes

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast