Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Keep it up the good work and let everyone know. I am also not buying any General Mills cereal any more and am letting people know as well. I also shop in a neighboring towns major grocery store as they don't have the cereal and a lot of the other products with labels in Spanish.

The next company on the list is Betty Crocker. When I was in the grocery store today, I noticed that one of the cake mix flavors had instructions in both English and Spanish on the back. It even mentioned Spanish instruction on the front of the box. I will either be buying another brand or baking from scratch.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Same form letter they sent to me!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think this is a copy of a letter that General Mills came up with after the first few complaints came in.
    If they are so concerned with ethnicity and race then why don't they have a cereal label in Chinese as it is the second most used language behind Spanish in the United States according to the 2000 census or why don't they Usher, Fifty Cents or Puff Daddy (Sean Paul, P. Diddy what ever) on the box.

What gets me is the name they chose. When I first saw it I thought why would they produce a cereal for lechers?

Main Entry: lech·er
    Pronunciation: 'le-ch&r
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English lechour, from Anglo-French lechur, from lecher to lick, live in debauchery, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German leckOn to lick -- more at LICK
    : a man who engages in lechery

Main Entry: lech·ery
    Pronunciation: -rE
    Function: noun
    : inordinate indulgence in sexual activity :
    http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I looked at this so called cerial. There is no way that the nutritional label part of it is correct. Anywho no more cerial for me. Eggs, and pancakes in my house from now on. I used to like GM cerial.... Oh well... Just like Miller beer... It's no longer in my dictionary as good food.
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

<<What gets me is the name they chose. When I first saw it I thought why would they produce a cereal for lechers?
    <<<<<
    Next they are going to bring out Vulture Snap Cookies and the package is going to feature the vulture on the Mexican flag.

Some of these companies just don't get it. Many Hispanics from certain countries frequent their local Hispanic stores for food. In Miami you see all kinds of Argentinean, Columbian and Cuban stores to name a few, which sell food and items they would use back home. That is where many of them shop. They only go to a large grocery chain when absolutely necessary.

Just an FYI for all of you: I was in the store again yesterday and there IS nutritional information in English on one side panel. It's the only piece of english on the whole box. The other side panel has spanish nutrional info.
    So we can't get them for an FDA violation. Bummer.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

TexasCowgirl: they have English on their box but there are other Hispanic products in the grocery store that are all in Spanish and some of them don't have English on them. Those are the ones that I am going to report to the FDA.

Yea, I got the same form letter, will be oatmeal and toast for me thank you, much better for my heart! Perhaps we need to boycott them.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast