Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Latest insight from COSA:

Ok so we need 60 right?! We have 45 Democrats so that means we need 15 Republicans.. They should support us.. Stevens, Murkowski, McCain, Kyl, Craig or Johnson, Crapo, Lugar,Brownback, Snowe, Collins, Hagel, Voinovich, Specter, Graham, Hatch, Warner (Already 16).... There are several more that should also support us as Domenici, Cochran etc.. I cannot see us losing this vote, i just cant

Quote Originally Posted by realbsball
    Latest insight from COSA:

Ok so we need 60 right?! We have 45 Democrats so that means we need 15 Republicans.. They should support us.. Stevens, Murkowski, McCain, Kyl, Craig or Johnson, Crapo, Lugar,Brownback, Snowe, Collins, Hagel, Voinovich, Specter, Graham, Hatch, Warner (Already 16).... There are several more that should also support us as Domenici, Cochran etc.. I cannot see us losing this vote, i just cant
    Craigs gone !! Brownback is going to have to show caution on this issue (canidate for president) also McCain, the flip flopper (canidate for president) I'm not sure how they got Crapo( Idaho is very protective of their tax money) I can't remember will check on him. Anyway without him we are down to 13 Unless anyone else know something about one of the others!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LeShel
    I just updated it again on grassfire and I will bump it again in the mourning and throughout the day. This is the Kennedy version. To me it is worse than the original. I have contacted all family members and sent out e-mails.

We are ready.

Did grassfire also hit their members to call the senators?

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    Quote Originally Posted by LeShel
    I just updated it again on grassfire and I will bump it again in the mourning and throughout the day. This is the Kennedy version. To me it is worse than the original. I have contacted all family members and sent out e-mails.

We are ready.

Did grassfire also hit their members to call the senators?
    There is nothing on their home page and I have not received any e-mails. So I would say they have dropped the ball. I am sorry to say they have dropped the ball alot lately. The forums are the only ones still working on this and it is very disappointing. I and some others are trying to keep people updated, but it would be nice if Steve and the others would jump in and help out. I do not know what is going on with that.
    Regardless it is not good if we are going to have any chance of defeating this. That is one reason I signed on here. Your team is very organized with alot of active members.

Glad to be on board.

And a big WELCOME TO YOU "LeShel" glad you have come to join us and Thanks for getting involved and helping out here.

Getting personally involved is so important everyone, I know we have alot of people who just read the threads and are affraid to sign up and join in.

Posting is so important as we learn alot from people of all walks of life, and all over the United States, their experience's and changes in their own home towns.

Please if you are just reading to educate yourself and keeping up with what is happening in our country on many subjects, thats great, your welcome to do that but if you have time to get involved and add to this forum and our power as the people of the United States we need you to get involved.

If you are affraid to make calls, then send e-mails or faxes which you can do for free through Numbers USA if you don't have access to a fax machine, Calls are important but all of it matters, just as your input is so important and why we need YOU posting your opinion here on this forum.

You will feel very good about yourself when you join in the fight, and we welcome all people who are concerned for their country, If you are "racist" this is not the forum for you but if you are a "Protectionist" and your concern is protecting our great nation of what use to be a Nation of Law and Order and is quickly turning into chaos and anarchy, Please get involved and encourge others to do the same.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I hope everyone is making their phones calls! Just spoke with Sen. Stevens office (R-Alaska) who said they have been receiving lots of phone calls on the Dream Act, most in favor! So please call him (have your Alaska zip code and town ready), and tell him NO Dream Act amnesty!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is why we must fight this. I found this on a Hispanic website.

Talking Points -- The DREAM Act/Amendment 2237 will:

Repeal Section 505 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, which currently discourages states from providing in-state tuition regardless of immigration status;
    Widen the path to legal residency by allowing students with good moral character who came to the United States before they were 16 and have lived in the U.S. for at least five years, to qualify for Conditional Permanent Resident Status (CPRS) upon acceptance to college, graduation from high school or the awarding of a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).Eliminate age limits set by previous legislation to allow students to qualify, regardless of age, so long as they meet the above requirements;
    Protect immigrant students who are at least 12 years old and meet all other qualifications except high school graduation from deportation as long as the student remains in school;
    Provide CPRS for qualified immigrant students for six years, during which students would be accorded all rights of a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) as long as they maintain good moral character, avoid lengthy trips and meet one of three detailed requirements involving college status, or service in the Armed Forces.
    Include a hardship provision to allow the extension of the six-year time period for meeting the above requirements if there is good cause. In addition, the requirements may be waived completely if there are compelling reasons preventing their completion and if removal of the student would result in exceptional and extremely unusual hardship to the student, or the student's spouse, parent or child.

Update from COSA

Sen. Richard Durbin, D-Ill., is proposing the DREAM Act amendment and Sen. Diane Feinstein, D-Calif., is working on AgJobs, which would create a guest worker program for agricultural workers.

Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., an architect of the comprehensive immigration package defeated in the Senate earlier this year, said the DREAM Act may win approval, but not the agricultural provision.

Rep. Raúl Grijalva, D-Ariz., said this summer that Congress would likely approach immigration piecemeal after bundling immigration efforts failed.

"AgJobs has zero chance," Grijalva said. "Ag workers would be dealt with completely differently and it would put them on a path to citizenship."

Kyl already attached $3 billion in enforcement measures to the Homeland Security Department appropriation bill this year.

He would support a similar measure in the House of Representatives.
    "It's a start," he said. "It's not comprehensive reform but (the amendment) is the vehicle that has the best chance right now."
    boptillyoudrop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
    Vitter said the same thing as well DeMint early this morning at a NAACP meeting
    Bolivian dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
    good news~!!!!!! Very Happy
    but dont be too confident..... just keep calling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the thumping Kyl received in June I would have thought he would smarten up.[/quote]

Bulldogger, We have some real thick headed congress people don't we, oh and include Bush in that also.

Bulldogger, We have some real thick headed congress people don't we, oh and include Bush in that also.
    Yes we do! I am paitently waiting for the action alert and hope we can crash the phone lines in DC again.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast