Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by sara
    Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    Maybe because Americans can't even get in to our own Universities Sara. Because of SOOOO many slots being earmarked for foreigners. Aside from the fact that Companies make a concerted effort to bypass American workers so they can pay their substandard wages and pocket more profit.

If you're not an American citizen Sara; your input here is inappropriate.
    My family is wealthy and I can study in the US too.
    But why ? I love NY, but have seen enough.
    I want to have the experience to having lived abroad, that is my choice, and my right. I can vote in US elections, and our company is all American.
    I vote Obama, because all other politicians have a bad record.

Evidently you haven't done your homework on candidates. But being a open borders type person I can see why you would vote Obama. Evidently you don't want change just more of the same ole same ole.

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    As a side, there was a great story reported on NPR a few years ago.
    The story was about ethics in US business. The scenario is basically this:
    A sociology researcher/professor at an Ohio university (can't recall offhand whether it was Kent State, THE Ohio State, or another... - sorry) wanted to gauge or test the 'ethicalness' of current people in mainstream business realm versus [an assumed], polar opposite group of people.

So.... he designed his survey-based experiment as a questionnaire whereby the same list of questions was given to 2 groups:

1). A group of current MBA students, and,
    2). A group of incarcerated felons at a state prison.

The questions were written such that every answer was gauged to equate with a relative score on the degree of 'ethicalness' for each answer.

...Anyone want to guess which group had the higher relative (more ethical) responses? Surprise! The convicted felons scored significantly better than the MBAs. HA! I just love stuff like that.
    That's freaking hilareous Phred

I've talked to a lot of these people who worship economism. They are some of the most unscrupelous, un-American people I have ever had contact with. Normally, they will tell you that you are the un-American one, because you do not worship "efficiency," like they do. Well, as I posted above, these globalists have very little idea of what American is. According to their globalist ideals, the founders were un-American.......and so would be every successive American government over the following 200 years.
    BFR: Darn right! I loved that story (still searching of the details and source - when I find it, I'll put that info back up here somewhere..).

Re: The founders being 'UnAmerican'.... to even suggest such a thing takes extreme cojones, or extreme ignorance! That, in itself, is worthy of only a laugh as a response. I think the Founders knew darn well about the problems organized democratic governments faced and knew that 'monetary interests' posed a very large and real threat to the institutions of democracy.

Trivial question for all readers and especially our guest troll 'sara':

How many times does the word 'corporation' appear in the US Constitution? Answer:_____
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: The founders being 'UnAmerican'.... to even suggest such a thing takes extreme cojones, or extreme ignorance! That, in itself, is worthy of only a laugh as a response. I think the Founders knew darn well about the problems organized democratic governments faced and knew that 'monetary interests' posed a very large and real threat to the institutions of democracy.
    Well, it isn't so much that they directly called the founders un-American. Its that they claim that trade regulation, and protectionism is un-American. ONLY "efficiency" is American. Efficiency being moving jobs overseas.

**These on-line discussions happened before I was fully aware of what protectionists the founders really were. Not to mention every other successive government until recently. Where in the world do these people get their concept of "Americanism?"

Trivial question for all readers and especially our guest troll 'sara':

How many times does the word 'corporation' appear in the US Constitution? Answer:_____
    Zero?
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

BFR: Bingo - you win the prize

Regarding efficiency, the mobility of labor, the downplaying of rules/law/regs to 'increase efficiency'... ah, here's another factoid trivial bit for those on this thread...

During the 20th century, a miracle of modern industrial production was realized by a nation - whereby, in the very short span of only 10 months, the industrial output of a country was effectively doubled! Yes Doubled! And this was done with only a minute - if any - increase in production costs as well...
    Sounds freakin' amazing on the face of things, doesn't it???

Anyone care to give me the country name and time interval involved here?______
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

During the 20th century, a miracle of modern industrial production was realized by a nation - whereby, in the very short span of only 10 months, the industrial output of a country was effectively doubled! Yes Doubled! And this was done with a minute - if any - increase in production costs as well...
    Sounds freakin' amazing on the face of things, doesn't it???

Anyone care to give me the country name and time interval involved here?______
    USA? I'm not sure about the time interval. Was it 1941-42?

See you at the signing!!

Not USA.

Hint: Aug 1944-April 1945

The 'architect' of the said 'plan', was a guy named 'Speer', ring any bells now?

Not USA.

Hint: Aug 1944-April 1945
    Germany?

See you at the signing!!

Re: We need more guest workers

Quote Originally Posted by sara
    Most of you are employees, and not employers.
    You people don't understand what you're talking about.
    You don't see the bigger picture.

As an employee in the high-tech industry, which is one of the hardest hit segments by this assault of the H1B program, let me add that I strongly resent my annual salary increases being suppressed or none at all some years. As a 2nd assault of the H1B, I have watched my medical benefits decrease as the premiums drastically increase, with co-pays doubling, and tripling.

I have lived through (barely) two downsizings as I watched the engineering departments shipped overseas to India, and Pakistan, and even Mexico City.

If it sounds like I “hateâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

BFR: Bingo.

I was trying to make the point that in pure objective and cold analysis of economic data may appear favorable to some - however, the depths to which some people will stoop to achieve such productivity gains can be : unlawful, immoral, evil, and even fatal. The production 'gains', on paper at least, were done via the greater use of slave labor - many of those slave laborers never lived to see the end of the situation.

If all that matters is profits and efficiencies, then the treatment of workers in the pursuit of such ends becomes a mere afterthought. That is not what the Founders of this country envisioned, and it is not the path that lead to our survival.

PS. Thanks for entertaining the interchange here, too

We DON'T need ANY MORE GUEST workers, we need FEWER GREEDY employers!