Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thank you sofedup, and it's very true about our leadership in the fields we are supposedly no longer fit for. I'm third generation IT. My grandfather was one of the original IBM techies (nobody famous, just a guy on the team), back when they hired Americans. They're laying more and more of us off now, and setting up shop - guess where?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tell your folk that they can "outsource" business. Your type is what we don't need or want.
    ------------------------

Once_a_Democrat:

Yes, to be honest, this remains my biggest concern about Paul. I would take a Democratic protectionist over a strict libertarian Constitutionalist (eg. or, said in another way, I'd rather be voting on someone like Byron Dorgan instead of Ron Paul for this very reason alone...). When all is said and done though, he may be 'the lesser of two viable evils' for me in the end...

sofedup and Betsy: Hey, I've lived my own version of what you both describe and are experiencing. I'm out of the area now. I found better jobs that pay better with better security in a non-IT/technical area...

sofedup: Hang in there, I'm pulling for you to find a great gig which pays the bills and you can feel good about. Best of luck to you:
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I too am concerned about Ron Paul on the guestworker visa issue. Perhaps he is reachable?

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    And all this nonsense about our workforce aging. Everyone knows that half the baby boomers can't afford to retire and the other half don't want to (well, my ballpark estimate, anyway). Retirement ages are going up (see social security). People are living longer and staying healthy longer. There's even a saying "50 is the new 30". No, our workforce isn't going anywhere any time soon. If someone does, it's often to another job. A lot of this ageist propaganda comes from places where they still have rigid ideas about life cycles. I was over on another board where they were saying how Asian companies will rarely consider a candidate over 32 for a tech job.
    That's a good point. In many other societies, institutionalized sexism, racism, age-ism, <ism dujour here>, etc. are all entrenched blights upon those same societies... which is not to admonish ours entirely. We still have areas where 'improvement is needed'. However, when people are filtered out of consideration merely because they happen to be 'over 35', <ethnicity of circumstance>, or, God forbid... are an American, well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to foresee the implications of such thing...

(And, yes, let me footnote to those viewing that are tempted to say that VonBraun was an 'immigrant', yes, that is, at least partially true. Of course, Goddard was not)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Once_a_Democrat:

Yes, to be honest, this remains my biggest concern about Paul. I would take a Democratic protectionist over a strict libertarian Constitutionalist (eg. or, said in another way, I'd rather be voting on someone like Byron Dorgan instead of Ron Paul for this very reason alone...).
    Yes, I would take Dorgan over Paul any day of the week. Its good to see a knowledgable mod taking note of Paul's problems regarding guest worker.

BTW, protectionism is Constitutional, and in sync with the ideals of the founders
    When all is said and done though, he may be 'the lesser of two viable evils' for me in the end...
    Well, I don't think Paul will make it that far. Hopefully we get a good independant or Third Party run.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

OK, here: IF you can't afford to pay citizens a liveable wage, you don't belong in business. Do you get it now? Speaking of rude, employing people at sub-livable wages is not only rude, it's self-centered and greedy. Don't talk to me about being rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    sara, your kind would sell their mother for a couple of cheap working illegals. You have no allegience to any country and the bottom line dominates your dreams. Go ahead and worship your money, I hope you choke on it . IF you can't afford to pay citizens a liveable wage, you don't belong in business.
    This is a very rude post, I don't have to accept that tone

People who hire H-1Bs have done some astounding things. Like, withhold severance until the American worker trains his replacement.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sara
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    sara, your kind would sell their mother for a couple of cheap working illegals. You have no allegience to any country and the bottom line dominates your dreams. Go ahead and worship your money, I hope you choke on it . IF you can't afford to pay citizens a liveable wage, you don't belong in business.
    This is a very rude post, I don't have to accept that tone

This is probably the tone you will get from 85% of Americans that are
    sick to death of illegals and money grubbing big biz

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast