Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The extremely high level of fraud and abuse in the guestworker visas, especially the H-1B, render the programs a total joke. A joke on the American worker, that is. We never needed any of these foreign workers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi Betsy.

Yes, of course. It's all one big sham to undermine the American middle class, drive down wages. For the IT world (speaking from my experience, anyway...). get 80%-85% of the job done for 50% of the cost. To hell with quality, communication, nuance, customer acceptance....

Globalism is globalism is globalism. Once a globalist, always a globalist.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    The extremely high level of fraud and abuse in the guestworker visas, especially the H-1B, render the programs a total joke. A joke on the American worker, that is. We never needed any of these foreign workers.
    And, contrary to what some pro-H1b folks will eventually pop on here and say... is that the fact that these programs do involve *some* level of fraud and abuse, by definition makes them unlawful programs. Eg. you can't emigrate here legally - even if the program by which you've applied / arrived - is done using an official means that is currently corrupt and fails to operate in strict accordance with the law. End of story.

Yeah, they'll claim to be legal immigrants. For starters, they're not immigrants but guestworkers. What's illegal about this: the inflated resumes, the shell companies, and the discrimination against and replacement of American workers. "Legal" only in the most abstract sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Again - Why if guest workers are needed so very badly, why is there unemployment amongst US [native] Citizens?
    Yes, like I said I study international business and economics in Europe.
    I can work here legally for 10 hours a week maximum. I don't need to work more because study is pretty intense and consumes most of my time. My parents have a company in NY and we do hire international students, just like I'm an international student.

Why there are unemployed Americans while there are more jobs available than than there are American workers ? I don't know. Location might be an issue ? A Californian is perhaps not willing to move to NY ? Perhaps some Americans don't want to low " dirty " and heavy labor jobs ? Perhaps some don't want to work the fields, and prefer to commit crimes ? I can't speak for all unemployed people. I just don't know, all I say is that we do pretty good compared to other countries.

Now, my question to you:

We are there so many Americans that commit crimes to make $ ( robbing, stealing, dealing illegal substances ) while there are plenty of open applications ?

While there are variations in where jobs are vs. people, for the most part HR departments have stopped considering Americans. It's so much easier to pick up the phone and call the contingent staffing agency. Whose bench is likely filled with foreign workers. It used to be so much easier to get interviews, I can remember, not so long ago. Now the norm is to see ads with everything that fits you except your picture, so you send in your application according to their stated preferences and ...... nothing. Many ads are fake, posted to justify the hiring of a foreign worker who is already onsite, doing the job (see Cohen and Griggsby)

As for the hard and dirty jobs, who used to do them before the foreign workers showed up? Guess who ---- (Americans)

Quote Originally Posted by sara
    you are a danger to corporate America, while people like my parents are the ones paying your wages. We hire workers, pay your ( employees ) wage, pay tax, but the boot to corporate America is what you're saying. When corporate America disappears, we will all live in a 3rd world country. Think about it.
    I did. Exactly the point. It's a great 'equalizer'. Then we all live by the same set of rules and constraints and can no longer play off one group of people with another in order to full a profit-acquisition motive.

No special treatment for corporations regardless of their wealth, interest, lobbying power, etc. - end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    What we NEED "Sara" is a break from people like you spewing crap they know nothing about.

We are getting pretty sick of outsiders telling "We the People" what our country needs...BUTT OUT...We are perfectly capable of handling our own affairs.

The unemployment rate in OUR country does not take in to account the people who are dropped off the unemployment rolls after 6 months when their benefits run out. In other words they are no longer counted as unemployed.

I ask my self why am i even explaining this to someone who has no say in our countrys affairs....you are a foreigner, so stay in the neitherlands and don't worry about Americans we can and will handle our own countries affairs.
    ic, all Americans studying or visiting abroad are suddenly no Americans anymore ? And all international / foreign students studying in the US and foreign tourists visiting the US are suddenly all Americans ? Funny, you just changed all international laws then. We only hire people in the US legally which includes tourists, and international students. We have a company in NY, so read posts b4 you assume.

Maybe because Americans can't even get in to our own Universities Sara. Because of SOOOO many slots being earmarked for foreigners. Aside from the fact that Companies make a concerted effort to bypass American workers so they can pay their substandard wages and pocket more profit.

If you're not an American citizen Sara; your input here is inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by sara
    Perhaps some Americans don't want to low " dirty " and heavy labor jobs ?
    Americans will do any job if the pay rate was adequate. Top 3 jobs projected for the next decade:

1. Waitress/Waiter

2. Janitor

3. Food Preperation

Americans are already doing menial jobs. Americans account for the majority of the workforce in every single industry in our economy. All Third Worlders do is drag down the wages for Americans -- especially our working poor.

If we do not have an adequate labor supply, then why are wages stagnated for working Americans? Why are medical benifits and pensions disappearing?

Now, my question to you:

We are there so many Americans that commit crimes to make $ ( robbing, stealing, dealing illegal substances ) while there are plenty of open applications ?
    I highly doubt that accounts for 5% of our nation -- and according to Phred's info, much more.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast