Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think our friend troll 'Sara' has failed to realize the context of the situation - I believe I posed the question to you first - and am still - awaiting a satisfactory answer...

From your most recent post above - I will recount every incidence where a word suggests or obfuscates from the desired answer:

Why there are unemployed Americans while there are more jobs available than than there are American workers ? I don't know. Location might be an issue ? A Californian is perhaps not willing to move to NY ?Perhaps some Americans don't want to low " dirty " and heavy labor jobs ? Perhaps some don't want to work the fields, and prefer to commit crimes ? I can't speak for all unemployed people [My note - But, can you speak for any?]. I just don't know, all I say is that we do pretty good compared to other countries.

For someone that has their mind made up that we 'need more foreign workers' you don't seem to know much about unemployment in current US economy. Should we really be entertaining your continued presence here being that you're obviously trying to supplant your lack of knowledge with heartfelt conviction and emotion???

No. You get to answer my question first. Your continued presence here may depend on it.

PhredE
    Admin/Mod guy
    BSc, MSc,
    American worker
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope sara and her family are caught hiring illegal aliens, are fined (huge fine), lose their business and get to spend some time in prison. These are the people that are destorying our country and need to be stopped.
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by sara
    Perhaps some Americans don't want to low " dirty " and heavy labor jobs ?
    Americans will do any job if the pay rate was adequate. Top 3 jobs projected for the next decade:

1. Waitress/Waiter

2. Janitor

3. Food Preperation

Americans are already doing menial jobs. Americans account for the majority of the workforce in every single industry in our economy. All Third Worlders do is drag down the wages for Americans -- especially our working poor.

If we do not have an adequate labor supply, then why are wages stagnated for working Americans? Why are medical benifits and pensions disappearing?

Now, my question to you:

We are there so many Americans that commit crimes to make $ ( robbing, stealing, dealing illegal substances ) while there are plenty of open applications ?
    I highly doubt that accounts for 5% of our nation -- and according to Phred's info, much more.
    There's nothing wrong to be a waitress, or preparing food.
    I would also be willing to do those jobs, but I'm referring to field work.
    My body can't handle doing farm work. And still, why are there so many open high skilled jobs available and hardly any Americans apply for those jobs, so we have to hire people with an H1B visa ? You tell me, and I'm looking forward to your answer.

I say dump the troll she isn't worth listening to and besides she isn't even in the US. Besides all that she is a waste of band width.
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.

I happen to be an IT hiring manager (for nearly a decade now, and assisted in hiring before that). And, I work with many other IT hiring managers, and non-IT hiring managers in many different departments and divisions. The idea that positions are going unfilled is a myth so far as I can see. We always have multiple candidates and have to screen and decide whenever we have an opening. In my area especially, whenever I'm hiring, I grieve the fact that I have only one job to fill when I have so many fine and viable candidates show up. I have worked in government, corporate, k-12 and higher ed and seen this everywhere. I see no shortage of workers. If I - a hiring manager - were having some shortage of qualified candidates, why is my hiring choice so hard? Why do I continually turn away qualified people who could hit the ground running? Wouldn't I have noticed if there was a shortage?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    Maybe because Americans can't even get in to our own Universities Sara. Because of SOOOO many slots being earmarked for foreigners. Aside from the fact that Companies make a concerted effort to bypass American workers so they can pay their substandard wages and pocket more profit.

If you're not an American citizen Sara; your input here is inappropriate.
    My family is wealthy and I can study in the US too.
    But why ? I love NY, but have seen enough.
    I want to have the experience to having lived abroad, that is my choice, and my right. I can vote in US elections, and our company is all American.
    I vote Obama, because all other politicians have a bad record.

And still, why are there so many open high skilled jobs available and hardly any Americans apply for those jobs, so we have to hire people with an H1B visa ? You tell me, and I'm looking forward to your answer.
    Computer programmers have a 9% unemployment rate in this country. I recall a story in Businessweek, where an entreprenuer decided to place an add in the Boston Globe to see if he could get American programmers at $40,000 a year as opposed to outsourcing to India. He was FLOODED with qualified programmers resumes. Its NOT about an inadequate labor supply, or Americans not applying for work. It is about global corporatists and their addiction to Third World labor.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    And still, why are there so many open high skilled jobs available and hardly any Americans apply for those jobs, so we have to hire people with an H1B visa ? You tell me, and I'm looking forward to your answer.
    Computer programmers have a 9% unemployment rate in this country. I recall a story in Businessweek, where an entreprenuer decided to place an add in the Boston Globe to see if he could get American programmers at $40,000 a year as opposed to outsourcing to India. He was FLOODED with qualified programmers resumes. Its NOT about an inadequate labor supply, or Americans not applying for work. It is about global corporatists and their addiction to Third World labor.
    Fair enough. Then explain to me that under Clinton we gave 200,00 H1B per year, and currently it's lower, but Bush plans to increase the # H1B.
    Why so many H1B visas the past decade ? Because there is a lack of high skilled American workers, why would we need an H1B visa in the first place if we didn't need foreigners. Think about it

Bad_Hand: We occasionally allow the trolls to stick around to help hone the debate / educational skills of many of our posters. A little fun now and then is not necessarily a bad thing too!

So long as said troll has not committed a rule violation, they - according to those funny things called 'rules' - are allowed to remain.

Re:
    My body can't handle doing farm work. And still, why are there so many open high skilled jobs available and hardly any Americans apply for those jobs, so we have to hire people with an H1B visa ? You tell me, and I'm looking forward to your answer.
    Uh-huh, suuuuurrrrrre.

"And still, why are there so many open high skilled jobs available and hardly any Americans apply for those jobs,...

Maybe because they know they aren't supposed to....???

We 'have to hire'.... No, you don't 'have' to do anything at all.
    How about recruit and incubate some Americans coming up through universities here (assuming, of course, there still are a brave few that are willing to subject themselves to the tenuous working situation, declining wages, etc. of that kind of existence..). If your family's business were smart, they would have foreseen the problem here and planned around it - not trying to solve the problem by doing an 'end-run' around the law.
    You should have to pay for your failings - not American workers.
    There is *no* RIGHT to hire a worker - it does not exist.

If, however, you do find yourself in a situation where a 'guaranteed labor pool' exists, then I suggest you stop and say 'Hi' to slavery for me.

I am the former President of the foreign student association at a major university. People with only Student visas can only work legally on campus and tourists can not work here at all. What you are describing is technically against the law even though it is likely that your family will get away with it.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast