Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

thankyou that helps. I am aware of that ,ALIPAC supports legal immmigrations. But some of the members write such that they seems to oppose legal immigration also. I am just trying to understand the real concerns as I am an outsider.

Quote Originally Posted by POTUS
    You might find this helpful, toordaal: www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Content& ... age&pid=14

If you want to call me a troll because i am trying to engage you in a democratic discussion , I leave it to your wisdom. thanks for your thoughts though

Yes the problem is still there. I keep running into underemployed IT people on a regular basis. Some have been driven out of the profession altogether: the man who measured my son at graduation for a suit was a former IT manager. Most of us got back to work, but don't make what we would have or haven't climbed the ladder - in many cases the ladder is gone. IBM is not the same company my grandfather (one of its original techies) worked for. See http://www.allianceibm.org/jobcutstatusandcomments.php.

That there is plenty of underutilized IT talent out there is obvious to me, as I am an IT hiring manager. Back in the darkest days of the recession, there would be hundreds of applicants for every IT opening. People with graduate degrees applying for bench tech jobs, just to stay in the field until things got better. People who'd been project managers, expert-level developers, engineers scrambling for any and every job. Now it's not so bad - whenever I post a job I only get dozens of applications, many of them from fine people who could walk right in and do a much higher level job than anything I have to offer them. I have my pick of talent and I have never had a bad hire. So, there's still tons of American brains and talent, going to waste out there, while most of us got back to work somehow, the damage is lasting and a long shadow has been cast over the entire profession.

I can remember when companies trained, instead of insisting that every candidate have every acronym on the planet in his resume. And I can remember when American IT was being invented by night school engineers and nerds, people who would probably not be hired now.

Offshoring and H-1Bs are a false dichotomy. It is a fallacy to say, 'choose one or the other" - they are two steps in the same process of removing American work from American workers. The H-1B (and the L-1) are how foreign workers gain training and experience in American business, which training and experience should have been made available to American workers. But now, when you see a yearly cap of 65K H-1B go in a day, what you are seeing is 65K jobs on American soil that were reserved for foreigners. Americans almost never saw the openings, were not allowed to apply, would not have been considered even if they had guessed where the jobs were and applied anyway. When companies like Intel claim they couldn't find American workers, organizations like the Programmers Guild go back and check the logical places for them to have posted openings. Usually they don't find any postings to match their claim that they were looking.

If America was so hard up for 'highly skilled workers' why did we discard so many of our own? It's not about the brains or the skill sets, we already had that, that's why we were the envy of the world and people wanted to come here.

I'm pessimistic about these conversations because a while back another gentleman from IV was here. All sorts of dialogue took place, and many things were explained to him. All he managed to take back from our efforts was, "
    ALIPAC???? I visited them once and talked to them, looks like they also fish our site a lot, but then I did not find them to be a harmful group, rather they are a bunch of stressed out people (mostly baby boomers worried about old age) - maybe not - any takes on this?"
    So I felt like I was wasting my breath.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Betsy - you're always well-versed in the subject matter.

I'm am not going to waste any more time in this thread.
    Let me only add... the name of the website and organization is:

"Americans for Legal Immigration", or maybe we should restate the same with appropriate emphasis:

"Americans for Legal Immigration"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oooh, thank you for remembering to post that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toordaal
    If you want me call a troll because i am trying to engage you in a democratic discussion , I leave it to your wisdom. thanks for your thoughts though
    Appears to me that apache_native_american who started this thread is tandooridaal or toordal.
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

You are mistaken buddy. I dont know who is this apache.
    But I can tell you that Tandoori Chicken is a good dish, you can try that when u visit any Indian restaurent .
    Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    If you want me call a troll because i am trying to engage you in a democratic discussion , I leave it to your wisdom. thanks for your thoughts though
    Appears to me that apache_native_american who started this thread is tandooridaal or toordal.

You are mistaken buddy. I dont know who is this apache.
    But I can tell you that Tandoori Chicken is a good dish, you can try that when u visit any Indian restaurent .
    Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    lol I thought they didn't eat meat!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*

EVERYTIME ANYONE (AMERICAN INDIAN OR OTHERWISE) TRYS TO DIVERT ATTENTION TO HISTORICAL EVENTS....IT IS JUST THAT....A DIVERSION.

THEN EVERYONE HAS TO WASTE MORE TIME TALKING ABOUT STUFF THAT HAPPENED BEFORE WE WERE ALL BORN.

TRUTH IS 85% OF THE CURRENT USA POPULATION WAS BORN HERE. OUR PARENTS WERE BORN HERE. AND ALL THAT MATTERS IS TODAY AND TOMORROW....NOT YESTERDAY.

THE INDIANS LOST THEIR LAND FIRST TO THE SPANISH, AND THEN OTHER EUROPEANS. THEY FAILED TO CONTROL IMMIGRATION. GET OVER IT AMERICAN INDIAN.

I don't even think the troll was native american or Indian (india), more than likely someone from Bud (anhieser busch) or one of the other Corporations who funds la raza just to cause something to try to break us up!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast