Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou Dobbs has helped answer a question I have had for years regarding politicians and those with political ambitions: At what point do they undergo their lobotomy?

Gheen/Dobbs radio interview

After listening to the radio interview by William Gheen and Dobbs, I'm even more upset at the duplicity with which Dobbs now speaks. If he didn't say it previously, he certainly gave the impression that he was totally against any type of amnesty program for illegals. Now, like all politicians, he is very careful in his wording and wants to talk about compromise positions regarding certain illegals.

I really enjoyed the position of William Gheen and thought that he did a excellent job of staying focused and asking the right questions of Dobbs. I believe we now see the true side of Dobbs which is too bad. We thought we had a standard bearer but instead, we just have another potential politician. His position is no different than McCain and many others. This is not who I want as my voice and representative on the illegal immigrant issue. I withdraw my pledge of financial support for Lou Dobbs.

Well, the interview with Mr. Gheen certainly confirms my decision to no longer support Mr. Dobbs. He has made himself VERY clear.

In the Telemundo interview everytime the woman asked him a question, based on his past statements, his "record," he poo-poo'd them by asking her "When did I say that? That was four years ago!" In other words, he downplayed the very record he touted during the Gheen interview.

You can't have it both ways, Mr. Dobbs. And, to attempt to do so makes you out to be nothing more than a liar.

He has clearly stated, twice now, that he supports a path to legalization of illegal immigrants. TWICE. How many more times do we need him to make this statement? Two is enough for me.

One statement Dobbs did make, I agree with. It is time for Lou Dobbs and Alipac to "part ways." If this does not happen, I will withdraw all support from Alipac.

Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    I cannot support anyone who advocates amnesty for illegal aliens. And Lou, FYI- 'pathway to citizenship' & 'legalization of illegal immigrants' means AMNESTY.
    I totally agree with you!!

disconnect

William,

When you talked with Dobbs, there was no clear statement of what to do with the illegals, between closing the borders and potentially 'legalizing' the illegals.

Dobbs, in his discussion with Michelle Malkin (after your conversation), started to clarify that he separates illegal immigrants, who illegally enter the USA and who illegally enter, then commit felonies...

Don't know if this helps, but there may be a difference in DEFINITIONS of "illegal aliens"... which is causing this disconnect.

Regards,
    Jeff

April
    Dobbs, in his discussion with Michelle Malkin (after your conversation), started to clarify that he separates illegal immigrants, who illegally enter the USA and who illegally enter, then commit felonies... Don't know if this helps, but there may be a difference in DEFINITIONS of "illegal aliens"... which is causing this disconnect.
    It should be clear that an illegal alien is one who crosses the border illegally.......and that makes the illegal a criminal.....PERIOD! For him to muddy the waters is very much like a corrupt politician.

Malkin and Dobbs

I listened to Malkin interview. To me he was again the "artful dodger" on the 'illegal' issue. Just trying to confuse the issue.

Again, it is amazing to me that MS. Malkin did not request under what SPECIFIC circumstances Mr. Dobbs would approve of amnesty. He dodged this issue on the Telemundo porgam and in his interviews with Mr. Gheen and Ms. Malkin.

Beleive me, if I felt that way I would have addressed that matter quite directly. He has chosen not to.

Malkin...

I liked the way Michelle said "well, good luck with that." (building bridges...)

April

Re: Malkin...

Quote Originally Posted by jbrodhead
    I liked the way Michelle said "well, good luck with that." (building bridges...)

Tell Lou Dobbs to GO TO HELL

I say part ways and tell him to GO TO HELL as he suggested. Then go on a campaign to let the entire US know where this jerk stands.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast