Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is the first clue that Dobbs is now serious about making a political run and he believes that the Hispanic vote is more important than our votes. I am dissappointed in Dobbs' slick little switch here and his effort to use vague language in an attempt to sneak this by us. I see some easy fixes to illegal immigration such as repealing the birth right citizenship law, the adoption of e-verify for ALL employers in the U.S. and stiff penalties for employers. Unfortunately, politicians always seem to take as vague a stand as possible on tough issues in hopes of snagging as many voters as possible. I think we have no choice, but to drop our support for Lou. How sad that he would cave so easily on such an important issue to the country.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    He won us over and now he wants to lead us to our demise. It is time to tell the pied piper goodbye.
    What is the up hill battle? What is the percent brake down in America of support vs. none support of illegal’s? Are we the minority in this? If so what can we do to really change or enforce legal policies?

My very quick take on facts that Lou was attempting to allude to. I will have much more to post later. My feeling is to address the entitlements and the illegalities of it striping Social Security. And to really go after illegal job placement contractors and support groups. But who is going to give up there illegal cleaning lady and yard guy? These are real issues.

First...I have always been against illegal immigration. As a drywall contractor since 1972 I have never supported the construction industries theory that the only way to make money was to higher illegal’s...I heard this constantly every year and I watched as many became rich utilizing this practice, seeing more and more illegal’s coming into all the fields. My company finally failed in the 90's because I would not subscribe to this theory and its illegalities as my competitors came with truck loads of illegal’s to the job sites. The construction industry I think...has brought about 80% of the illegal problem to the table. The statistics is about 2% work in the agricultural fields that attempts to support that they are all doing what no one here wants to do. That is a lie!

Bottom line...immigrants come to this country because they don't have a pot to piss in...that is where that saying came from...in the old days people used a pot for waist and to pee in...really poor people did not even have that...so immigrants were known to be piss pot poor. 2 million new comers each year with nothing but needs with a hand out looking for a better life. Is it sad...you bet...but this country does not have the money to support the world or jobs to give away.

Every single person here has seen the visual of nearly every interstate on ramp corner and every business selling construction supplies stacked with illegal’s waiting for work... people standing as a living testament to the atrocity of illegal immigration...sanctioned by consumers and the construction industry and ratified by our government by not enforcing the laws. Fast food/restaurant, house/yard maintenance a close second.

I appreciate all the comments here about changing laws or giving law enforcement the right to brake into houses...but this is silly when all they need do is task force the parking lots. Literally millions could be grabbed off the street if that is really what is wanted by the majority.

My question is what is the general consensus of America? I see here in the pole that majority support for Lou has been to pull away. But I understand this forum to be totally and completely against any kind of address to the problem.

WE AS A NATION CREATED SUPPORTED AND STILL DO SUPPORT THIS ILLEGAL TRADE OF HUMANS! How to justly apply our laws is the key question. How to force the laws on the books the key question.
    I am not as concerned about the illegal’s as I am as to why they are here and why they continue to come here. I want to know and understand why our laws are not being upheld and why our tax and social security money is being stolen from us to support the illegal influx of humans.

I have way more questions than answers. I listened to William (the interview was cut short and incomplete at 10 mins) and was saddened that about half of it was spent on what was said in the past. I had really hoped that Lou would have some answers for his continued statements of "certain conditions" and what the policy should be for new people coming into the country. Until I have these answers I still cannot make a judgment as to where Lou stands on the immigration issue.
    More to come...

For whatever the reason, good or bad, Lou has suddenly changed his point of view and to allow a sugar coated amnesty. I can't support him on that. A fox in the hen house. Yikes!
    So, I say to show him the door and on the way out, don't let the door knob hit ya where the Good Lord split ya!

Sorry to have to say -Lou has gone over to the Dark Side

Lou sucked up to interviewer and basically renounced everything we have been led to believe about him. In addition he pushed Sheriff Arpaio under the bus by refusing to stand up for him -even suggesting he should be investigation. Thumbs down for Lou.

Legalizing Illegal Aliens Is a Magnet

True control of borders must include making the illegal aliens leave this country, rather than granting them the illegal status. Dobbs sounds that making the illegal aliens to leave is not humane. They should be allowed to stay while the border is being put under control. He is saying that people can stay after they enter illegally. They can wait here to be legalized.

Dobbs's control of border is empty talk. He will never put the border under control. The most effective way to control the border is never grant legal status to those who are in this country illegally.

Sorry Lou Dobbs has made too many compromises

the love of money is the root of all evil, I will not support him.

tarawa1943

I have to wonder if the threats against his life and shooting at his house influenced the Dobbs cave-in.

No Dobbs For President

After watching the Telemundo interview and listening to his conversation with Mr Gheen, I feel Dobbs is just another wish washing Candidate that does not deserve my vote. He is only concerned with getting votes and not offending anyone. He will not get a vote from me, and, I hope your position of supporting him has changed to non support from now on.
    Even though I am no longer a active member of the work force, I am a retired welder from G.M., I still fear for the jobs of future generations. Because employers who hire these illegals and the illegals themself's are a danger and a threat to the future of this great Nation. These people must be stopped at what ever cost to companies that hire them for cheap labor. From working in factories, to working in the fields, they must be forced to hire people who are LEGAL citizens.

Thank You,
    Mark

Dobbs Gheen Interview

I like to be different. However, the overwhelming number of comments that have appeared seem to reflect my opinions also.

Dobbs has sold out for whatever reason(s).

Mr. Gheen, you did a superb job of noting that political impact of amnesty and how this will translate to ever more illegal immgration. You did this several times, and each time Mr .Dobbs chose to ignore this issue. He purposely did this because he knows your right.

Mr. Dobbs had many chances to further explain under what PRECISE conditions he would support selective amnesty. He repeatedly failed to do this, which tells me I all I need to know about him.

As far as "inviting Mr. Gheen to the table"? I do not know. One part of me says NO- why join in with a group that includes LaRaza, MALDEF types.
    Another part of me says YES so that there can be a strong counter voice to the type of amnesty BS that will be attempted to be shoved down everyone's throat.

In any case, I would hope that ALIPAC would no longer support Mr. Dobbs either politically or financially in any way shape or form. Perhaps he can edeem himself, but I doubt it.

America is for Americans!

Dobbs supports amnesty so he CAN, in his own words, go to hell. He is rude and interrupted William Gheen many times. It is obvious that he is a mealy mouth and will agree with whoever he is talking to. No other country allows non-citizens to cross their border without being arrested.

GOOD WORK WILLIAM! Glad you caught this before we voted in another two-faced back-stabber. We need people with guts and backbones who will stand up for this country. I am sick of the idiots in charge allowing everybody to stomp us into the ground. It is not American! What happened to REAL MEN who stood up for what was theirs? It is time to tell all aliens to get the hell out and don't come back!

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast