Page 27 of 92 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is from a recent sit down with Larry Kudlow of CNBC.

TRANSCRIPT:

(quote)
    "00:35:46 I have never called for the deportation of any illegal immigrant in this country.

00:35:52 Ever.

00:35:52 >> Would you throw them in jail?

00:35:55 >> Again, I don't know to whom you're speaking.

00:35:58 I never called for criminalization.

00:36:00 Rein you have just talked about brutalizing.

00:36:02 I'm one of the few people you will ever talk to in your life who's actually worked with migrant laborers in the fields.

00:36:08 And I have the greatest respect, and I have said repeatedly that the illegal immigrant in this country is one of the few rational actors."

(quote)snip

more of this conversation is here:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-179396-.html

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was somewhat disappointed by this interview, but not totally surprised. Dobbs is obviously going to run for a national office and is trying to move away from a "hard" position. No politician wants to be stuck in a corner even if its is one he says he wants.

I personally think he would better serve this country being defeated while standing firm in his convictions than changing them to suit the voters so that he might win an election. I think he would win by standing by his convictions, if in fact he has them, which now comes into question.

Or is he just another, which ever way the wind blows, politician? Remains to be seen. We have enought of them as it is. I am not encouraged by this interview.

Quote Originally Posted by LAPhil
    Quote Originally Posted by IrateTexan
    Quote Originally Posted by Emanon
    Dobbs will be used to split the vote in the upcoming elections, nothing more.

There is talk that Ron Paul will give it another go, and if so --- he will have tremendous momentum vs. Palin (Rino Neo-con sheep) and some of the other "given on a silver platter special intersets repubs").

The goal is to split the vote.
    Well, I hit send before I read on this one that Ron will give it another go. That would be wonderful, since I was a Paulite before it became obvious that he was the smartest one up there!
    I don't want to stray too far from the topic here, but did you know that Ron Paul was one of only two congressmen to vote against extending E-Verify last year?
    Really?!! Ron Paul voted against extending E-Verify?!!

Wow.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

To all new recruits, WELCOME! Happy Thanksgiving! And this will be another special one to thank our forefathers for giving us the freedom of speech to debate, yell and protest what we see wrong in this country.
    I urge all of you to stick around as things will get real interesting IF Luis Gutierrez has the nerve to introduce his amnesty bill in December.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dobbs

I think it's pretty clear, it's over for Dobbs as a possible candidate. Either he's been scared off, bought off or he was pretending in the first place for ratings from us. Whatever, goodbye Lou.

Ok folks, calm down. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Dobbs has always been a strong voice against illegal immigration. We need to get a full disclosure from him without a lot of emotional head banging. I saw the interview and it didn't send me away with a feeling of complete betrayal as it seemed to have with others. The last thing we need to do is jump to conclusions and suffer a strategic meltdown. We need to get the facts as straight as possible and come to a rational conclusion.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

If you listen to Dobbs' 5-minute audio clip still on his website, he says these things among others:

-he has never called for a restriction of immigration into this country

-he has said he wants to shut down illegal immigration

-must "secure our border and ports"

-have an effective, rational and humane immigration policy

-referred to the "fringe groups" (MALDEF, Lulac) that misstate his position

-is a "passionate opponent of illegal immigration" but also says that illegal aliens are the only rational actors in this crisis

-criticized employers of illegal aliens who work against the national interest and law, who exploit illegal aliens, there should be sanctions against these employers

-calls for higher levels of legal immigration if it suits national policy

-this is a struggle for the soul of the nation

Listen Yourself (click on "The Truth about Immigration" about 5 minutes long):

http://www.loudobbs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    I hope Ron Paul runs again,I voted for him last time and I think alot more people will see he was and is right about a lot of things he predicted.

If Paul does not run then Palin gets my vote (assuming she will clarify she is against IA's.) She stood up to the Good Ole Business and Political Boys in AK and did not back down I admire her for standing up for the citizens of AK.
    Q: So you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?

A: I do because I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here. It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.

Source: Univision Interview with Sarah Palin, by Jorge Ramos Oct 26, 2008
    www.univision.com/content/content.jhtml?cid=1716304
    When asked if she supported Amnesty Palin says "No I Do Not NO I Do Not" and she repeatedly states people must follow the laws.

I have said this before;I am not sure where Sarah Palin stands on Ilegal Immigration but I will not condem her on this poorly translated script from Telemundo.I will wait for her to clarify her position on the subject.Sarah loves our country and wants what is best for citizens NOT lobbyist or Foreigners..
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Arlene, welcome, though insulting us and suggesting that we watch the video ten more times will do nothing to change the words that Mr. Dobbs said. You are correct that he has said that securing the borders is primary as it relates to illegal immigration, but Americans do not want any illegal aliens taking jobs and receiving services without entering legally from their place of origin. To do so disrespects our borders and disrespects the masses who enter legally and who submit to screening, including verifying that they have a means for support or sponsor, so to avoid being a burden on the United States. Illegal aliens do none of these, and use free benefits at taxpayer expense.

If laws were enforced, and if judges followed the law, and our government did its part, including securing the border, millions of illegal aliens would be forced to leave, through regular proceedings, or through self deportation. It would take time, but the delays have only caused more to come and more excuses to arise, with groups like La Raza and others, shaming America because she will not take them all in.

Why don't we try actually enforcing something, instead of excuse making.

Populist has a clip that basically repeats much of what he said in his interview. Maybe we have been assuming something more than we should have as to the actions that Lou Dobbs thinks are right on immigration and illegal immigration. He is for much of what we believe, but maybe more liberal on immigration in general.

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Ok folks, calm down. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Dobbs has always been a strong voice against illegal immigration. We need to get a full disclosure from him without a lot of emotional head banging. I saw the interview and it didn't send me away with a feeling of complete betrayal as it seemed to have with others. The last thing we need to do is jump to conclusions and suffer a strategic meltdown. We need to get the facts as straight as possible and come to a rational conclusion.
    Personally, I don't want to go through another Huckabee hoedown. If he was going to change his mind, he should have shown it when he was with CNN and told us. This is just not honest.