Page 37 of 92 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Shad
    Are we all going to jump to conclusions on the basis of one interview?

I will reserve judgement about what he is doing until I know more about where he is going with this. I think it is a mistake to jump to conclusions on the grounds of one interview. He is not saying he is for Amnesty and he is clearly talking about secure borders.

I agree with Shad. I think we need to hear more from Lou post-CNN before we crucify him.

Quote Originally Posted by sk1951
    Quote Originally Posted by cynthiatweedle
    Let's face it. We already have enough amnesty candidates.
    You talking about Obama? *s*
    There's Huckabee and Palin (in my op), and maybe hundreds more in various offices... anybody who would have run with McCain would have to be. He wouldn't have it any other way.

Re: Lou Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie
    Having only read the first 5 pages or so of these remarks I cannot wade through to the end before submitting my own thoughts.

Judy wrote:
    "I will never have a negative view of Lou Dobbs. He's already done more to help our country understand the problems of illegal immigration than anyone else in the media."

"nothing he does in the future will change what he has already done for our country by working every single day for the past 6 years to help us solve this problem by keeping us informed of what was happening. We will be much in the dark without Lou Dobbs reporting on this crucial issue along with his reports on free trade developments which have cost us even more as a nation than this massive illegal immigration."

I'm in agreement with you Judy.

I am and have been an Independent voter for over 40 years and have no allegiance to any political party.

I feel so many have jumped to conclusions from a couple of remarks he made in a very hostile situation and hope that you could reserve judgment until those remarks can be clarified instead of forming your own interpretation. Lou Dobbs is the only person that spoke up to inform the American public on so many issues that were a threat to our country. And it seemed like ages before any other news media even mentioned some of the issues and some of them never have. Lou gave us the news on the trade policies, he spoke about the outsourcing of jobs abroad, he condemned the efforts of Bush in forming the North American Union. He went to bat for Ramos and Compean when they were so wrongly tried and convicted for doing their job. He kept us up to date on the actions of Congress in many of the issues that were important to us. Lou is a true Independent leaning in one political direction for some issues and in the other direction on other issues.

I felt so frustrated and angry during the 2008 presidential campaign when hardly any mention of the illegal alien problem was discussed. If Lou had been allowed to question the candidates in the debates early on, perhaps Duncan Hunter would have lasted longer in the race or possibly even won the Republican slot. Too many voters base their votes only on what they hear in the debates and the never ending political ads in the media. The debates and town hall meetings are too controlled and many important subjects are never allowed to be addressed.

If Lou does not run for and win either a seat in the Senate or the Presidency where he can take action on some of these issues then I surely hope he will land a spot on television where he can continue to keep the public informed. Unfortunately his radio show will not do it as there are so many places where his show is not aired or it is aired on low frequency stations that are impossible to tune in such as where I live. Also many people do not listen to talk radio but do watch News shows on television.

When Lou comes back from FL I hope we hear from him and can get clarification on his remarks in the interview, but it will take a lot more than this for me to stop supporting him.
    Thank you Nickie and Welcome to ALIPAC! Yes, I think it's best to express our displeasure in no uncertain terms and then wait to see his response.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Lou Dobbs is a traitor to America!

I am so disgusted with Lou Dobbs! What a lousy political dirtbag! I should have guessed his true nature because he was a close friend of that disgusting traitorous vermin Ted Turner! We have been hoodwinked but good! Lou, I'll never vote for you because of your changed point of view on the threat of all illegal-aliens! Your previous point of view was why I liked you and wanted you to run for office. With this about face your candidacy to me is totally worthless! These are my opinions and mine alone. But gee whiz he has saved all of these patriotic Americans a lot of work and a lot of money by telling us the Truth for once now! Good by and good riddence to another CNN phony!

Re: Lou Dobbs is a traitor to America!

Quote Originally Posted by VigilantHawk
    I am so disgusted with Lou Dobbs! What a lousy political dirtbag! I should have guessed his true nature because he was a close friend of that disgusting traitorous vermin Ted Turner! We have been hoodwinked but good! Lou, I'll never vote for you because of your changed point of view on the threat of all illegal-aliens! Your previous point of view was why I liked you and wanted you to run for office. With this about face your candidacy to me is totally worthless! These are my opinions and mine alone. But gee whiz he has saved all of these patriotic Americans a lot of work and a lot of money by telling us the Truth for once now! Good by and good riddence to another CNN phony!
    Well, actually, it was the WSJ that leaked the blip that one of our posters saw and said "say what" and alerted US, and then W had to hunt down the Telemundo video and only then did we see and hear the full interview. That's like when we just found that Oct 2008 video of Palin yammering at Univision about they're coming here for the opportunities and the "health", I guess she left off the word care, but whatever ... we or at least many of US didn't find out about her position until a year after that interview. Very powerful people are behind this destruction of our country using massive immigration to integrate the populations and free trade treason to bankrupt US.

So we're lucky on Palin and Lou ... we found out in time ... we'll see who they're really working for over the next 3 years. I know who has Palin in their grasp and we'll find out who has Lou soon enough if someone does.

Be vigilant. If we can be misled by Sarah and Lou, then we can be misled by them all. We have to dig deep and not miss a trick.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Don't any of you get it? Lou Dobbs still thinks the same way he always has. He has to get elected before he can actually fight. When he said that illegals would have to meet certain conditions before receiving citizenship, that did not mean he is for amnesty. Look what happened to Tom Tancredo when he stayed with his bold stance against illegals and amnesty, he was shot down and did not receive any media time. Some people don't even know who he is. Lou has to play this smart to get his foot in the door. Don't lose faith and please, please calm your anger and breathe. Lou is for America and will not grant any amnesties. BUT, he has to play this smart or he (and we) don't stand a snowballs chance in hell. He understands that he has to sway the Latino vote in his favor. Read between, between the lines. Lou is not stupid. It is the same concept of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. DON'T GIVE UP, HE HASN'T.
    An American For Sovereignty,
    Whitehot

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehot
    Don't any of you get it? Lou Dobbs still thinks the same way he always has. He has to get elected before he can actually fight. When he said that illegals would have to meet certain conditions before receiving citizenship, that did not mean he is for amnesty. Look what happened to Tom Tancredo when he stayed with his bold stance against illegals and amnesty, he was shot down and did not receive any media time. Some people don't even know who he is. Lou has to play this smart to get his foot in the door. Don't lose faith and please, please calm your anger and breathe. Lou is for America and will not grant any amnesties. BUT, he has to play this smart or he (and we) don't stand a snowballs chance in hell. He understands that he has to sway the Latino vote in his favor. Read between, between the lines. Lou is not stupid. It is the same concept of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. DON'T GIVE UP, HE HASN'T.
    AMNESTY=FORGIVENESS. Anytime any illegal is given legal status, they have received AMNESTY. Their illegal status is forgiven. So when Lou says there should be a way that illegals can receive citizenship under certain conditions....then he is advocating amnesty. Because for an illegal entrant to receive legal status, they first have to be forgiven for their illegal entry.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome to ALIPAC Whitehot! We are still here, we won't abandon Lou if everything is as it should be. We've all adored him for years. We're just disappointed and are venting. If there's more to the story, we'll all be all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Welcome to ALIPAC Whitehot! We are still here, we won't abandon Lou if everything is as it should be. We've all adored him for years. We're just disappointed and are venting. If there's more to the story, we'll all be all ears.

Welcome to ALIPAC Whitehot and thank you for your post. I agree.

Thank you Judy... I hope you are right about people just venting. I would really like to hear Lou Dobbs clarify this interview. If you can call it an interview since he barely got to finish a sentence. He is above all a gentleman and it is quite different being a guest on a program instead of being in charge.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by redoaklady
    I have read MOST of the pages of the comments in this thread (I believe we are on page 14 or 15) and find it disturbing that so many of us are ready to so quickly jump ship - to make firm resolutions and statements of fact about things others of us aren't so sure of. Have we spoken with Lou? Have we given him the benefit of the doubt until we know exactly what he meant by what he said - or wasn't allowed to say or to clarify? (Please remember that every time he opened his mouth to speak Senora Maria's voice came out louder and longer, harder and faster.) About all he could do most of the time was shake his head and smile at her rudeness while taking any chance he could to jump in when she took a breath.

William, I think you have some currency with Lou - have you tried to contact him or his 'people' in order to get an interview (preferably taped for us all to see), or even a clarification of that idiotic non-interview we all just viewed?

I have watched Lou for years and have found him to be very credible, honest, patriotic and above all, a gentleman. Personally, I would LOVE to see him in the oval office vetoing all the pork in the bills that came across his desk unless he definitely proves to me he is unworthy to be there. I think that he couldn't have totally changed his 'spots' overnight - there must be something else in that interview he would have said if he had been given the chance. I, for one, will not rescind my pledge to him at this point - of my vote or my necessarily modest contribution. I think he needs to be given a chance to clarify before he is crucified.

Might it be, under any circumstance, a better idea to offer a separate "go to" 'Vote For Lou Dobbs' website for our members to use if they choose to, rather than have one more officially tied to the ALIPAC website? It might be better to remain on the path we began on rather than endorsing one candidate or another (while we are all free to offer our opinions - as is proper in Our America). I went to that pledge site and did pledge - but maybe ALIPAC would be better off 'remaining above the fray', as it were.

A lot of us seem to be castigating Lou because he is now a (dirty word) 'politician'. Isn't that what a lot of us wanted him to be? We can't have it both ways.

William? What say you?

Psalm 127:1
    I got an e mail from this site to come and express my opinion. When I read the "shocked" statement I thought it was because of the slam and slanderous way Lou was handled. I am shocked at the rooms consensus that Lou buckled and supports amnesty. Lou does not support amnesty and he never said same. I came to this room to support Lou...not disparage him. I will not let 30 years go in vain because of a cheap shot artist on Telomanudo...

I am truly shocked by the room labeling me now because I still stand by and support Lou. Anyone now bad mouthing Lou or me should be ashamed of yourselves.