Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou Dobbs's Telemundo Interview

I think we need to take a wait and see attitude. This interview is disturbing, but it is also possible he was trying to be polite to his audience. Notice that he said that we need to get control of our border before we talk about legalization. I'm not ready to decide one 25 minute interview overturns his seven years of maximal effort to secure our borders and enforce immigration law. I also think we need to ask Mr. Dobbs why he said these things and remind him of the damage that illegal immigration is doing to America and American workers.

fighterDC, well said.

My video keeps quitting at 3:12, but when I play the Spanish version it's fine. Must be a conspiracy.
    LGBTQ (Let's Get Biden To Quit)

Dobbs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:40 am Post subject: He did okay. Reply with quote Report post
    He's trying to get individuals with influence over public opinion among hispanics to pay attention to him, and not what others have portrayed him as, and I think he did a decent job in this interview, despite the pettiness of the host.

I wish he hadn't used the meaningless phrase of making some illegal immigrants legal "in certain circumstances."

Without defining those circumstances, the phrase has no meaning, other than to quell the burning and blind hatred that so many have for him, because of the way the left has misconstrued his positions in the past.

I know this may be blasphemy here, but I believe it is possible (and probably will be necessary) for some people, whose only crime was to cross the border illegally, and even some of those who aggravated that crime by using falsified documentation, to be able to follow certain steps in order to gain legal residency and eventually citizenship in the U.S.

If those "certain steps" are simplified into simply granting (yet another) round of blanket amnesty, then I am 100% against it. From what I have heard Lou Dobbs say in the past, he also would fight against that type of a solution. If those steps included passing a simple exam in English, demonstrating gainful employment (which would also require that they divulge the alias and SS numbers that they have been using,) and rectifying their identities with documentable identities from their home countries, and a promise to continue the path towards citizenship, or otherwise face deportation, for which their home country would be charged, then I think I could consider "being on board."

I also am married to a "Wise Latina" and I can empathize with the task that Lou faces of getting results in the face of those who are content to simply get angry. But, seeking consensus is far less important than pushing for principles. We must continue to gain allies who believe in voter ID, and (true) border control, otherwise all of this effort is in vain.

However, just as voter ID must strike a balance with (what could become overly intrusive) federal ID laws, a balance will (I mean, we're talking reality here) have to be struck with border control and illegal immigrants who have already achieved their goal of getting into this country.

Don't give up. But, don't give up on Lou, just yet.

Last edited by midnightgolfer on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    I am new to this site, but I am learning. I have to agree with this person, I think he did ok. I don't think you can get your foot in the door, if you go into something with both pistols cocked. I think he is using his noodle. Let's not take everything he said out of context maybe. He has to get to the place where he can make some major changes first, doesn't he? I'm not going to give up on him yet, either. I think that he did defend the sheriff. And he did say first we need to control the border. Isn't that right? A step at a time guys. I'm gonna keep an open mind and not turn against him.

Hey, folks, this is nothing new...remember Jim Gilchrist? One minute he's running for Congress on a pro-security platform; the next he's endorsing Jim "I Love Illegals Way More Than Mere Citizens!" Hucklebee! Barry Hussein Obama promised to be a uniter despite 20 years spent in the pews where a racist spewed anti-American hatred. [Hmm? Was Rev. Wright's "Christian" church merely Barry's politically safe substitute for a mosque?]

When your "leaders" fail to lead, it's your DUTY to fail to Follow!
    Viva La Migra! [Hooray for the Border Patrol!] Viva Ramos! Viva Campean!* Good Riddance to El Presidente Jorge Boosh!

Re: What are the certain circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by fighterDC
    Everyone,
    As disappointed as I was to see Lou not stand up for himself, or Sheriff Joe, before we crucify the guy let's get clarification on what he meant by "certain circumstances." Lou has been inarticulate in the past.

I'm as opposed to and morally offended by our nation's acceptance of illegal immigration as anyone but there is a certain pragmatism that no matter how righteous it is that all illegals be deported, it will never happen. Some illegals have been here 30 years and while that in NO WAY means they deserve to be legal, the political reality is that we won't get everything we want in a reform. Sadly, an illegal immigrant could set off a dirty bomb and our nation wouldn't see the connection and deport all illegals. We already had illegal immigrants commit atrocities on 9/11 and there was little change other than slightly improving security to obtain drivers' licenses.

If there are 15 million illegals in this country, would it be worth comprimising to allow 3 million to stay if we could immediately end chain migration, secure the border and deport the remaining 12 million? For me, that would be a win, though not perfect.

The reality is that illegals are voting already. Illegals are reaping benefits. Illegals are continuing to have anchor babies. Unfortunately, time cannot be turned back 100% and so our job should be to first, stop the bleed, then clean up as much of the mess that has been made by our politicians and understand there will be some collateral damage.

I realize that's not what people want to hear but that is the situation as I see it (though not how I'd like it to be).
    The only people bringing up the "all illegals deported" is the pro amnesty crowd.

We advocate attrition enforcement. According to the results of 2008 where increased enforcement combined with the bad economy decreased the illegal alien population by approximately 1 million, we could have eradicated illegal immigration in about ten years.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have been Lou's fan for years and this interview disappointed me because he got defensive and Maria took control. I felt the only place he was strong was when he insisted on his turn to talk. He waffled on his previous stance on illegal immigration and its impact on our country. He needed to have facts at hand about the numbers of what their criminal activity and medical/education/welfare programs cost us. These statistics would have been indefensible by Maria. His manner and answers made me think that if he does run for public office, he will pander to the hispanic vote just like the rest of the self-serving congress and our president. I could almost feel him getting worried about losing that huge segment of votes.

Oh my Goodness! Look at all the new posters! Welcome to each and everyone to ALIPAC! Lou may have helped US by bringing more of us together. There's always a Silver Lining when good people stick together!

Welcome ALL New Recruits! I was going to name each of you but there are too many and I'm afraid I'll miss someone!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Lou Dobbs the politician

Admired Lou Dobbs for quiet a few years...now I wonder if he is another Obama with a need for a tele-prompter...he should have known this would be a hatchet job and been prepared to clearly state his poition with out so much hesitation and fumbling for words...he came across as trying to appease the illegal immigrants and abandoning his position of defending the constituion and putting citizen welfare and safety first...

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffdid
    My only hope is Lou is playing politics. If he wants to win in Jersey he has to (hopefully make believe) he's for helping illegals. If you live in Jersey you know that they probably do vote ( yes even though they aren't supposed to ) He would never win if he hard nosed against them. Remember what happened to Tencredo. Jersey is very corrupt and illegals have a strong foot hold here. Lou I hope your just playing their game.
    If he is playing a game he is like all the rest and we don't need another just like the others. PLAY IT STRAIGHT OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! I am sick of the corruption and WE THE PEOPLE allowing the games to be played! We need to be AS MAD AS HELL AND NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE BEFORE WE TOTALLY LOSE OUR COUNTRY!!!!