Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I dont beleive $20-$30 an hour can build me this house at $250,000. At that rate I would be paying upwards of $400,000.
    I've paid contractors $20/hr to do things for me over 14 years ago -- you CAN build a house for $250,000.00, but it might not be the same house that you wanted.

as for racial profiiling, since 9/11, every time a friend of mine's husband goes to an airport, he is always pulled aside and checked from head to toe -- WHY? because of his features -- black hair, black eyes, I think some of his ancestors must have been Native Americans, but he has the 'look' of a foreigner, neither he nor his wife get angry, the just laugh about it.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by joseguia
    Nope SELL the RIGHT to WORK HERE!

no where do I say SELL CITIZENSHIP

RESIDENCY my friends - BIG difference!
    STUPID IDEA!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Deport Illegals. Don't shillyshally. Build the WALL...build it HIGH...build it STRONG...GUARD it.

I'm tired of the very word 'illegal'. Tired of the government which does zip about it. Tired of being threatened in our streets. Tired of the whole danged mess.

WELL SAID ! I'm so tired of the whining, if you, of your own free will CHOOSE to enter this country illegaly you are owed nothing. You need to go back where you came from. No if ands or buts. No excuses.

Oh and here in California the illegals build all the houses and they are substandard. The construction companies make a killing in profits and don't pass on the savings to the buyer. Bad wiring, nails sticking out of the windows etc etc...

Yes Diana I have heard that construction companies are using substandard materials and the workmanship is shoddy at best, that is happening here as well. Good I hope their houses fall down around them.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Be aware that the contractor who builds shoddy houses is RESPONSIBLE and can be sued....

MJ

joseguia,

No one wants to pay full retail for anything. Why do you think Wal-Mart does so well? But let me add something. Most places in this country the local governments depend on tax revenue to issue services to its citizens. So if you use illegal labor to build your house and drop the value of that home the taxes in turn are less, the taxes on the wages paid are less and the taxes that are paid on item that people buy who received the lessened wages are less because they have less buying power do to depressed wages. So what happens to the local governments? They have less money for schools and that has not changed because they do not use illegals to teach the children or build the schools. They have less money for police and fire services as they do not use illegals for those positions, how about library staffs etc. So in the long run who are you really cheating? Your own children’s education through over crowded classes. Yourself when you expect an officer to respond to an emergency in a reasonable amount of time. How about that ambulance driver who has to drive 30 mph because the roads so rough even though you are in the middle of a heart attack it would shake the vehicle apart. Who truly pays the price for corporate greed and to save a quick buck or two?
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Yes Mustang that is true however it is a long and expensive process, meanwhile you are living in a shoddy house that is falling apart or worse paying to live somewhere else while you sue them.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....

True....so what? Do nothing and just do the repairs yourself? Just one good lawsuit can get rid of one more shoddy contractor....that one, at least, won't have any more victims.

MJ

I did not say to not do anything, the thing is to be proactive on the front end in the builder that you use to minimize the possibility of this. The prior post was the impact when you do not do that up front. Sorry I did not make myself clear.

I do think many of the homes being built today are shoddy. The ones I saw going up in AZ and Las Vegas were just a few 2 x 4, some chip board and mud.

Yes, you can sue the contractor, but probably by the time you do, he is out of business or his money is out of the country.

I agree, though, you should try.

I will tell you what they did in Texas, about declining incomes and tax base.

They raised property taxes tremendously.

They raised the fees for professional licenses.

They raised the price of traffic fines.

They made professional licenses necessary for more and more jobs.

They added more things to the list of things to be eligible for sales tax.

The price of auto registration has gone up a lot.

Then, when they had raised taxes about as much as they could and still say they 'didn't raise taxes' - they 're-evaluated' the price of the homes. Our home is evaluated at three times what we paid for it 8 years ago and at least twice what we could possibly get for it. We live in a small town, with very little in the way of jobs. The biggest industry is SS and home health care.

We actually have more illegals than I thought - but still not many comparatively speaking.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast