Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Lou Dobbs interview

Quote Originally Posted by agoodale
    After watching Lou Dobbs interview on the Spanish network Telemnudo I feel he was ill prepared for the interview although he did fairly well overall. If I had been him I would have had more facts to back up what ever was going to be presented which he must have been able to guess what that would be from the start. I feel Lou was sounding much too much like a politician and lees like a journalist. He has had strong opinions on illegal immigration in the past on his show from what I have been told however during this interview he seemed more wishy-washy. He did not impress me as to being as knowledgeable on the subject of illegal immigration as one would have expected for someone who wanted to take on this issue.
    I got the feeling that this interview was done rather spur of the moment. Lou didn't look very comfortable in my opinion.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

my take on this is that our goverment namely that obama bunch is afraid that he will run for the presidents spot and the american people will put him in it as he has common seince thay know that he is a real threat to them and thier plans for one world goverment[/b]

dear americans for legal immigration i think that our goverment has done to lou that thay did to ross when thay thought that we would put in athird party. think about it what else would make a man with lous strong convictings back off like he did I can tell you that is not like this man fon no reason.

Anyone that watched more than five minutes of this trash has more of a stomache than I do. It sickened me and I want to now, publically take back everything I've ever said positive about Lou Dobbs. I'm not sure if he wants his job back at CNN or if he wants to go and co-host on Fox with Geraldo, or if he wants to go into politics. As far as I'm concerned he's lost any support he had by going on Telemundo.

djm

Lou Dobbs, the latest of the flip-floppers

Lou, the hope and trust that I placed in you is now gone. If you seek public office you'll not get a dime of support from me. In your latest declaration, you've cast yourself as another not-to-be-trusted politician, inseparable from the jackals of the mainstream parties you once characterized as traitors.

Lou Dobbs

Seeing this interview is shocking. But as a past watcher of him on CNN, I remember that he has never been for sending the illegal immigrants back home. He has always been for some kind of penalty for being here illegally but not deporting the ones here. He is an avid border security advocate and wants all illegal entry stopped. This in it's self would be a blessing.

I personally think that legal immigration is the only way to go. I do not believe that illegals should be given any kind of amnesty again. Certainly not entitlements like education, housing, medical, and voting privileges.

I would prefer to vote for someone that does not want to give some kind of amnesty but I don't think there is a candidate for prez out there, at least not yet. It may be too late by 2012 anyway.

When in doubt - go to the source. I googled Lou Dobbs and went to "The Official Home of Lou Dobbs on the Web". I emailed him, explained our frustrations, anger and some continued loyalty over this interview with Telemundo and implored him to contact William or ALIPAC to clarify his views.

This site's latest and official posting was entered Nov. 23, 2009 - 4 days ago (after he left CNN). In it he had a lot to say regarding his stand on illegal aliens and employers of same. There is also a tape that can be played of him speaking of his beliefs and position with numerous excerpts of his last six years of broadcasting on the issue.

A few of his written comments (paraphrased):

The illegal employer of illegal aliens deserves the greatest sanctions. The illegal employer is acting against the national interests, acting against the law in every respect. How can we get to the employer who is so shamelessly exploiting the illegal alien and so shamelessly flaunting US Law?

This Broadcast has repeatedly stressed the need to solve this nation's massive illegal alien crisis. It has (the broadcast) always been a strong supporter of fair, humane immigration policies. "I am absolutely one of the most passionate opponents of illegal immigration, but I've also made it very clear I'm also one of those who respects most the illegal alien. I worked with them in my youth with beans and potatos, etc. and know them to be good people". [I believe here he is speaking of the illegals who just come here to better themselves, their lives and that of their families (which he mentions) - NOT the 'whatever' percent of illegal lawbreakers in our jails and prisons.]

"I am supportive of LEGAL immigration WHEN it suits public policy."

OK - google 'Lou Dobbs' - go to his "Official Lou Dobbs Site". You will find there this information and be able to watch the video of his explanations.

Some of this is somewhat ambiguous to me. I emailed him (there is a Contact Me offer in the upper right area of the site). I explained the turmoil of his former faithful supporters at ALIPAC and said that knowing he was on vacation in Florida, asked that either he or his 'people' get in contact with William and ALIPAC quickly so these ambiguities can be cleared up before he loses thousands of avid supporters and $666,000 in pledges in our "Lou Dobbs for President" pledge site.

Maybe a LOT of us should do this - not writing to berate him, but asking for clarification of his positions. There will be plenty of time for nasty emails to him later if you choose. Right now, we want clarification and understanding between us and him. After he expounds on specifics in an interview with him, hopefully (or his staff), we can either up our pledge or stone him verbally in emails. Fair enough? I believe we've gone about as far as we can reasonably go through this without clarification from Lou. Personally, I am not ready to give up on him until I hear clear specifics of his illegal alien policy.

Let's let Lou hear from us en masse requesting more specific thoughts and ideas he has. Hatefilled tirades can wait a week or two until we all calm down and get a firmer grip on this whole thing.

Dobbs on Illegals

Dobbs, smobbs--send him back to CNN. NUFF SAID. Just another Progressive trying to sneak in our back door. CaNN him.

I wish I could go on international TV and apologize for almost everything I ever said that ever offended anyone by claiming that what I said was three or four years ago, and therefore no longer relevant. At least he stuck to his defense of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio; sealing the border; and that he actually showed up for the interview which took amazing guts. I will reserve passing judgement on this man for the time being.

Lou Dobbs Interview

I thought the interview (given the situation and the opportunity to directly communicate with mostly legal hispanics) was pretty much on target. He stressed that unless we've guaranteed the border security, no solution to dealing with current illegals can be effective. In the end, he enlisted the support of telemundo to find a solution, instead of inciting their listeners to be anti-American. He held out his hand and they'll either take it, or bite it. Let's all keep in mind that Lou has an opportunity to get border security accomplished, if we support him. If we turn against him over this one interview; then we're just shooting ourselves in the foot. The more supporters that Lou has; the bigger his stick will be when it comes time for real action.