Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yes some may fall into that category, BUT if you actually follow the plight of an illegal .. they jump the border (BREAK OUR LAWS), rent an efficiency, maybe with bogus documents, and then spend the rest of their lives emptying our trash cans, I still do not see this a threat to anyone.
    Yes but while they're picking up our trash we taxpayers are footing their bill for healthcare, foodstamps and paying for the education of their children in our schools.

And much of the time our American kids are taking a backseat while the teachers focus on teaching their kids to speak English since the parents themselves REFUSE to learn to speak it, by the time their kids are school age, teachers have to start from scratch.

Illegals are only cheap for the people that hire them, not for the rest of us that pick up the tab for their bills.

Its not cheap for Californians who have to pay $750 MILLION every year just to house illegal immigrant felons in our prisons. (And note: none of them are in there for immigration-related offenses; they're in there for rape, robbery, murder, assault, etc.)

It wasn't about tanks in the streets - it was about guarding the border, freeing up the Border Patrol to do their work. It is not unprecendented and if guarding our international border is not the work of the military - what is??
    And if the US Army can't guard borders what are they doing guarding South Korea's border? Iraq's?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hmm - keeping ILLEGALS that have commited FELONYS on our soil doesnt seem very wise to me, all of a sudden my deportation base idea is starting to make a helluva lot more sense to me!

Jose, I don't think in terms of skin color -

My husband is Choctaw Indian, but was raised with Mexicans, specifically illegals, and worked beside them in the fields. They taught him to speak Spanish, cook corn tortillas on a disc plate, roast corn and goat in a pit, play the guitar and sing Spanish love songs. The same love songs he courted me with - at least I think they were love songs - it worked for me.

He loves the Mexican people and it took him a long time to see what was going on. We actually had arguments about it. But he finally opened his eyes. It is a sad thing.

My stepmother is of Mexcan ancestry as are my younger brother and sister.

Some of the illegals are fine people - and I enjoy them - but they are illegal. They are costing my grandchildren their future. Now as harsh as it sounds, I don't have a problem making the choice - and it has nothing to do with their skin color.

But we have to be honest about the myth that these all do lawn work, empty trash cans, etc. They work in banks, mid-mgnt grocer stores (the only manager I know is at the Mexican store and I don't know if he is illegal), teacher's aides, insurance offices, sales persons. You know they do almost all the construction work in the larger cities. They even do the construction work on highways - operating big machinery, etc. In short, they do a lot of work that Americans can, would, and did do.

The poultry business here once provided good jobs for people - didn't make anyone wealthy - but it was a living. It was a living in a wonderful small town. Slowly the illegals came and worked in the chicken houses, then the processing plant, then took over as farm managers, etc. The people who had those jobs were out of work. Many left, many just sat on their porches and drew welfare.

This was a business that young people worked in on weekends and summers. They bought their cars, school clothes, saved for college . The elderly supplemented their SS by working in the houses, etc. Now that is all gone and the illegals are here.

Can I think of anything good out of this - I really can't - not for America or Americans.

To see my side you have to understand that many working Americans, hardworking Americans, don't have health insurance - yet they are being forced to pay taxes to provide health insurance for illegals.

The illegals get food stamps, WIC, free lunches and breakfasts for their kids. They are using educational resources that belong to our children. Our education system is nothing to shout about at best - now it is even worse.

They aren't all living in efficiency apartments. So many of these have HUD homes, and subsidized rent.

All these things cost money - money that is taken from working Americans. MOney that rightly belongs to these Americans children and grandchildren.

They aren't expected to obey any of our laws. They only get confronted with they do something really egregious.

They don't carry insurance and they have accidents - that causing our insurance to go up. That is money that is hard for working families to pay.

Bottom line - America cannot sustain this kind of abuse - it just can't.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think Jose is for real. He is hiding behind his posts.

His responses are just excuses for illegal aliens to not participate in the system that is already in place.

Not all illegals rent an efficency and follow a stereotype of "emptying the trash". I know quite a few illegals that make $10-18 per hour moving antiques, etc. I don't always make that much.. But I do pay taxes and resent others that don't. I am paying for their children and they are not.

Again it is this sense of entitlement that angers me and diminishes any sympathy I might have had for this cause. Why is the law good for some?

These are not "traffic" laws and you are a simpleton to draw this comparison. These are laws that cost thousands of dollars a year per person. This drain on society will cost the ederly and children of hardworking citizens of the US their rightful earned due.

Illegals do not contribute, they are a drain on all economic systems. Big corporations only care for themselves. They will not be there for anyone in need. They are using illegals against citizens. Illegals are bringing in crime and gangs and sickness. They destroy every area they live in.

Do the Math. The Equation is out of balance. The numbers are negative. We don't want you and as taxpayers we have the right to say so. Go bac to Mexico and wreak havoc on your country.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

I hide behind my posts, ouch, that hurts, I thought I was being quite upfront?

After all I have an opinion which is not too popular on this WEBSITE.

What more do you want from me?

!!!

You say ILLEGALS dont all fit that stereotype, then you spout another stereotype which they supposedly ALL fit under?

" Illegals do not contribute,"
    " I do pay taxes and resent others that don't"
    -Several DO, and cant file for a return, and rightfully so, they are illegal

" Illegals are bringing in crime and gangs and sickness"
    -When did this start exaclty? Today, yesterday? They've been here for upwards of 20 years. Is it just now a problem? Was it not an issue when Clinton, or any other pres. was in office?

I dont think anyone really knows the true number of illegals, or the true damage/advantage they bring to us.

And I dont know that I'm smart enough to recognize it when I see it.

Nothing is keeping legal immigrants from paying taxes.

If you are illegal you know you can't participate in the system legally so why come?? And since you choose to come - make an attempt to become legal. Do what some do and pay taxes with your phony ID - maybe the authorities will go easy on you for trying.

Why aren't illegals out protesting with American Flags "We want to be Americans and Pay Our Share and Be good Neighbors and follow the Laws and Customs of the US. Please Help Us Make Amends. We love this Country.

Why aren't they showing us they can be clean and orderly and good citizens. We don't see that . Why don't affluent legal Hispanics help their people assimilate and show them the way. Why don't they encourage them to be respectful and learn English. They sure are quick to pick up the ways of Criminals and Gangs and Entitlement.

They might actually get some support.

Instead we see the anger and sense of entitlement. They don't even intend to learn English much less play by the rules.

You don't see the well meaning Mexican - he is playing the game and has slipped into society and will eventually become legal.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Quote Originally Posted by joseguia
    Yes some may fall into that category, BUT if you actually follow the plight of an illegal .. they jump the border (BREAK OUR LAWS), rent an efficiency, maybe with bogus documents, and then spend the rest of their lives emptying our trash cans, I still do not see this a threat to anyone.

But I could be blinded due to my skin color, guys, please assist me in seeing it your way.
    have you ever thought they might be "emptying our trash cans" to steal OUR identifies?

and exactly what does your "skin color" have to do with it? You don't know how many people here have dark skin and have been victims of prejudice because of it ... there are many people here that are black, the difference is these people are American citizens and nobody that is here illegally is entitled to citizenship because of their "skin color"

and besides, if these dark skinned people feel so discriminated against in OUR country, why don't they go back to theirs where they can be treated with respect, dignity and humanity?

I'm tired of people acting like they're hostages here
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

-Several DO, and cant file for a return, and rightfully so, they are illegal
    Ok, here goes that same worn out ridiculous argument. He is how it goes.

You see the illegals are paying taxes using bogus SS# and they can't legally get returns so look how much we Americans gain...sure we all believe that. Bull!

The reason that property taxes goes up at an exponential rate is that legal tax payers are paying for the free welfare service that illegals use. That is why the Governor of Arizona said recently that her state can no longer sustain the tax load of paying for free welfare service for illegals. Also, when you ask for actual documentation for all of this tax money....sorry no one can produce any real proof. I have a tax return...shows what I paid. So, please stop that silly argument.

Oh, I forgot to tell you I gave a million dollars last year to Uncle Sam just to help ...I used a bogus SS# because I don't want any credit. Sorry can't show you the paper work.

You are just trolling.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast