Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Stop thinking Lou as "caving in"- You should know as well as I do that there are compromises to be made in all situations. Lou realizes the reality of the situation- that he has to appease the Hispanic community in order to have them support him. There are many Hispanics who oppose illegal immigration and believe in Lou, because he has honest answers.
    As for the interview, I tried to post comments on the Telemundo website, and they won't accept them. So here is what I was hoping to post:

Very interesting interview. It shows Lou remaining calm in the face of what I call "attack journalism" by the interviewer, Maria Celeste. At many points in the interview, when Maria kept interrupting Lou, Lou managed to keep his cool and asked for the right to state his views. He responded to each erroneous claim by Maria with the correct, calm response. It shows how even the best Telemundo attempts to discredit him can backfire. The conclusion of the interview culminated with Lou asking for Maria's HELP to get past the rhetoric that has permeated the illegal immigration debate and to open honest discusion on this subject in order to achieve true comprehensive immigration reform. If Lou does decide to run for political office, I will work tirelessly to help him achieve his goals, as he is the ONLY honest person who addresses the situation with a rational set of answers.

I just listened to that newscast. I am appalled, simply appalled. I have never liked Dobbs anyway (and I have listened to CNN alot). I think he is a demagogue. He makes very carless statements and this really upsets me. Illegal immigration should be the easiest issue to present fairly and persuasively at the same time. If presented fairly and accurately we will "win" the hearts and minds of the reasonable people "in the middle" on this. Dobbs will simply alienate them (as he does me).

As for the show, he probably did make those dumb statements and now tries to avoid them. Should have simply admitted saying them and said it was a mistake (actually he never should have made them in the first place).

The AZ sheriff does also get out of hand sometimes; a publicity hound. Dobbs should have kept his distance from him.

Dobbs is also backtracking and speaking favorably about amesty (or whatever you want to call it). He is now speaking like a politician as the moderater had suggested. This is unacceptable.

If he keeps up like this, Dobbs will alienate both base and moderates in the middle.

Frankly, I think the moderator was quite nice and reasonable in her questioning and that Dobbs was vey combatative and condesecending by turns.

Dobbs should give it up; he will ruin the immigration issue for "us".

BTW I think that all illegals should be deported ASAP; no social benefits for them at all (just attracts more). Seal the boarder effectively (good training for those going to Iraq and Afganistan!). Then we should have an intelligent discussion about whether we should let any more immigrants into this country and for what purposes. Also btw we should discuss what our population level should be in the future generally (I think it should be lowered, we are facing dimishing resources); this is an issue which has never been addressed in our country.

I live in a town with a considerable influx of Hispanic and Somalis. They have truly turned this town into an "armpit". I would not retire here for anything. Huge crime increase (I am in a position to know).

Sorry for the length of this ramble. My first post here.

LIBERAL TALKING POINT!

We need a workable and humane immigration system.

WE HAVE ONE!!!!

Follow the rules and nothing goes wrong for those who are eligible to enter.

The people who complain about it are the ones who threw themselves in our backyard uninvited to swim in the pool and now they complain about us not letting them move into the house.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lou Dobbs on Telemundo

Just as we cannot allow the left to continue to set the tone of the urgent, valid, legitimate debate on illegal immigration in the US, we cannot allow leftist Telemundo to succeed in alienating Lou Dobbs from grassroots America even before he's had a chance to do something positive in his new avatar. Remember that Telemundo is part of the opportunistic NBC cabal that is in cahoots with the current Democrat administration that arrogantly parades its ever more Marxist agenda. Telemundo is in stiff competition for its viewership w/Mexican-owned Univision. Thus Telemundo must go beyond the usual far-left line that has destroyed the free press in America & adopt a virulent anti-American & pro-illegal immigrant stance. I'm sure Lou Dobbs thought he would probably be physically assaulted in the hostile environment @ Telemundo during his interview--it took a LOT of courage for him to go there & face their lies & hate. Dobbs had a very delicate balancing act to maintain--preach the truth in the enemy camp, but without straying from his principles & trademark anti-illegal immigration stance & risk alienating us, his grassroots American following. He had to be cautious not to fall into any of the many traps laid for him to make him look like a bigot or racist. The left showed its hand strategy-wise by attempting with the "leprosy" contoversy to discredit Dobbs & invalidate ALL of the negative statistics associated with illegal immigration in America; i.e., crime--including many child molesters & rapists; the sub-prime mortgage fiasco; medicaid abuse & bankruptcy of many US hospitals as a result; voter fraud; job drain; capital drain to Mexico; etc.

Instead of getting Alipac to summarily dump Dobbs & the general public to shun him, just as Telemundo & the left intended, Alipac must very wisely exert its influence with Dobbs so that he can remain a viable force for the good of America as a future senatorial or presidential candidate, without allowing the left to label him as a bigot or racist & unfairly deprive him of his legitimacy as a fair-minded & moral public figure. As for Dobbs's "certain circumstances" comment, many Americans are unaward that for some years now, many illegal aliens who have "set down roots" in the US by having uninterrupted employment, often thru self-employment, marrying, having children & buying a home, have presented documentation of the foregoing to the former INS & have had their status adjusted from illegal to legal.

The main thing is NOT to lose the advantage of having Dobbs on our side & NOT lose the impetus of his public advocacy of protecting America from the many dire consequences of having many tens of millions of illegals in this country. I've always been aware of the problem, but was horrified to learn in my association with the courts that the majority of sexual predators & child molesters in the southeast Florida are from Latin America & mostly illegal, yet rarely deported even after serving their too-short sentences for their heinous crimes.

God bless & help Alipac & all of us in this vital mission to save our beautiful country & its loyal citizens. It is ludicrous to portray America, the most generous country in the world, as unfeeling & uncaring when it tries to protect its streets & very borders, nor should we be expected to take care of the huddled hungry masses of the world who are that way because either their governments are the usual examples of the failure that is Communism, or their governments are run by thieving criminals who care nothing for their citizens.

Lou Dobbs was against alien amnesty before he was for it http://bit.ly/8Eulw8 LOU DOBBS - CHARLATAN - #teaparty #tcot

Green Cards and Overpopulation http://bit.ly/8G27LU #tcot #tlot #immigration #AFIRE

Welcome to Alipac lauriemiami, and other new members. We appreciate your voice and your activism.

I've always been aware of the problem, but was horrified to learn in my association with the courts that the majority of sexual predators & child molesters in the southeast Florida are from Latin America & mostly illegal, yet rarely deported even after serving their too-short sentences for their heinous crimes.
    We have too many of these "rational actors," and Americans want their borders enforced and immigration laws enforced to help end the mayhem.

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What a disappointment Dobbs is!

Forget about Dobbs for President. Forget about the Dems and pro-illegal Obama. Our best hope is to get a good Republican presidential candidate.

Huckabee has a real chance of getting the GOP nomination. The real question is, can Huckabee or any politician be trusted?

Dobbs was against illegal immigration before he was for it.
    Huckabee was for illegal immigration before he was against it.

What a choice.

I was ready to puke in the first 30 seconds of the video. Why was Dobbs compelled to appear on Telemundo to begin with? My feelings about this are not fit for print. This is really beyond comprehension at the moment. My first instinct was that he was threatened or paid off big time!! No more support for Lou Dobbs from me.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Attrition

William,
    I am a donor to ALIPAC and have attended rallies and made hundreds of calls to elected leaders. I completely agree with the platform of ALIPAC and support you as a true leader in this effort.

I completely believe in attrition but when I refer to the fact that we will never be able to "deport them all" I believe that goes for self-deportation or attrition as well as forcible deportation. The economy sent many illegals packing but not all. Why is that? Well, some illegals consider this their home. While I don't agree with them and they are legally incorrect, it is unlikely that someone who invaded our country 30 years ago is going to voluntarily leave at this point. If I could get every illegal alien to go home and follow the legal immigration process I would, whether through forced deportation, attrition, or any other method. The reality in my view is that we will never get every illegal alien to leave.

The current status quo is not working favorably for our side. Every illegal that has a child here has created a vote most likely to sympathize with amnesty in 18 years. Our best bet is to end the influx as fast as possible and then drive a strong deal that deports as many as possible through unavailability of jobs and benefits, threat of prison, and forcible deportation.

The real issue is that without stopping new illegals from arriving, nothing else matters because the vote will be lost 18 years from now due to the demographic shift created through invasion.

If unemployment drops to 5% in the next few years and 401Ks return to normal, those Americans we need on our side but who are generally apathetic to political activism will no longer care about illegal immigration. With unemployment at 20+ year highs, the time to gain favor among those voters is now. I don't believe we can erase 20 to 30 years of damage 100% so we should fight to return it as best we can, but need to immediately stop the bleed.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    In addition to this interview on Telemundo, I heard Mr. Dobbs interviewed on WIOD.com (Miami) yesterday (Tues.) & he said he was in favor of increasing LEGAL immigration. I have hear Glenn Beck say the same thing. Wow! Hey Lou, Glenn -- Reality check guys!!! Are you working for the other side now? Legal immigration IS the problem.
    If this is true Keystone, it is an essential subject to question Lou on. Our immigration policy should be greatly re-designed because of the instability and danger it has caused. All it takes is a few terrorists to kill thousands.

We need to go back onto the quota system and screen every person trying to come into the U.S. We need to regulate and apportion the countries of origin. We need to try to rebalance the incoming composition of U.S. society both socially and by religion. By education and by skills. By age and by whether they have dual citizenship. By health and law enforcement background checks. By race and by quota numbers. These conditions and more should be instituted to reconfigure our massively failing "open borders" "come one come all" immigration programs and attitude.