Page 16 of 92 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

interview

Maria Celeste attacked from the beginning. She was arrogant. Anger is in her facial expressions. Basically she put Lou Dobbs on trial.
    Lou Dobbs was apologetic and spineless in my opinion. He should have countered with statistics of what illegal (not undocumented) aliens actually are costing the citizens of America.
    Maria says illegal aliens 'civil rights' are being violated in Arizona. If you are in the country illegally, you don't have any civil rights.
    At this point, I would not vote for Lou Dobbs for any office as I see him capitulating on illegal immigration.

We've lost Lou or did we real ever have him?

All these years he fooled us in to thinking he was for this country and the American people. In reality, Lou is just for Lou.

If he tries to run for office I'm sure this video and his other recent comments will surface.

Re: Shocking Lou Dobbs Video! Opinions Needed ASAP

OMG....Lou really said that "certain illegals should be LEGALIZED!"

This can't be....Lou bailed on us. NO ILLEGALS SHOULD RECEIVE AMNESTY they are ALL law breakers. And on top of it all he apologized for not being able to speak Spanish!

Well....for sure Lou is running for office and like all politicians.....he won't call a spade a spade for fear he'll lose a vote. What a shame since he just lost my vote.

I am now glad that I didn't by that Lou Dobbs T-shirt.

I would not vote for him.

He is not good at this; he can only work off a prepared script. He needs to learn to think on his feet, and to put one hand on top of the other on the table instead of fluttering them around.

He also needs to be brave and stick to what he says, or he shouldn't say it. It may very well be the case that Mexicans are bring more cases of diseases we don't traditionally have into the US. It's not racist; it's just the way it is. Mexico's health care and sanitation practices suck. It's a poor country. How is this racist? Dobbs should know how to explain things like this.

Why do Mexicans want to move here? Why don't Americans want to move to Mexico? It's because of our culture and form of government. Dobbs should be able to explain American Exceptionalism and show the Mexicans how uncontrolled migration will destroy the US. He should also recommend that Mexico borrow a copy of the US Constitution and try to figure out how to create their own culture of opportunity and ambition.

He did okay.

He's trying to get individuals with influence over public opinion among hispanics to pay attention to him, and not what others have portrayed him as, and I think he did a decent job in this interview, despite the pettiness of the host.

I wish he hadn't used the meaningless phrase of making some illegal immigrants legal "in certain circumstances."

Without defining those circumstances, the phrase has no meaning, other than to quell the burning and blind hatred that so many have for him, because of the way the left has misconstrued his positions in the past.

I know this may be blasphemy here, but I believe it is possible (and probably will be necessary) for some people, whose only crime was to cross the border illegally, and even some of those who aggravated that crime by using falsified documentation, to be able to follow certain steps in order to gain legal residency and eventually citizenship in the U.S.

If those "certain steps" are simplified into simply granting (yet another) round of blanket amnesty, then I am 100% against it. From what I have heard Lou Dobbs say in the past, he also would fight against that type of a solution. If those steps included passing a simple exam in English, demonstrating gainful employment (which would also require that they divulge the alias and SS numbers that they have been using,) and rectifying their identities with documentable identities from their home countries, and a promise to continue the path towards citizenship, or otherwise face deportation, for which their home country would be charged, then I think I could consider "being on board."

I also am married to a "Wise Latina" and I can empathize with the task that Lou faces of getting results in the face of those who are content to simply get angry. But, seeking consensus is far less important than pushing for principles. We must continue to gain allies who believe in voter ID, and (true) border control, otherwise all of this effort is in vain.

However, just as voter ID must strike a balance with (what could become overly intrusive) federal ID laws, a balance will (I mean, we're talking reality here) have to be struck with border control and illegal immigrants who have already achieved their goal of getting into this country.

Don't give up. But, don't give up on Lou, just yet.

Edit: I personally also have been in favor of increasing legal immigration, after voter ID and border control. - I have an idea - Reward all companies that can PROVE they hire only legal immigrants and U.S. citizens with a tax incentive.

Numbers are the issue

sorry for my verbosity ...

I've been active on the immigration issue for about 15 yrs. I align myself with the positions that FAIR & NumbersUSA take:

--Illegal immigration should = 0 (it's now stands at about 1+ Million/yr.)
    --Legal immigration should = ~300,000/yr. (it's also about 1+ Million/yr.)

The U.S. has taken in too many poor people over the years. Our immigration policy is like the Octo-Mom's birth control policy, i.e. she had 6 hungry children to feed & went out and had 8 more!!
    Exactly what the US govt. did... They had plenty of poor (Amer.) people & they went and imported millions more! Poor people CANnot pay their own way in society. *Roy Beck stated (a few yrs. ago) that if you don't make more than 40 K/yr., you are not (financially) pulling your own weight in the economy. I'm willing to help my fellow Amer.s in that situation (but I'm UNwilling to support UNneeded foreign workers in that category - sorry guys! Go home! we don't need you.)

In addition to this interview on Telemundo, I heard Mr. Dobbs interviewed on WIOD.com (Miami) yesterday (Tues.) & he said he was in favor of increasing LEGAL immigration. I have hear Glenn Beck say the same thing. Wow! Hey Lou, Glenn -- Reality check guys!!! Are you working for the other side now? Legal immigration IS the problem. we shouldn't even have to argue aout ILLEGALs

I often think the other side invented this illegal "issue" ... so WE'd focus & work on that, thus forget about Legal immigration -- Hmm. Just the way they planned it(?)

I don't think we should look at what may appear to be what it's not really. After watching the video and posting my message, I read a news article. In part it read, "His spokesman is playing down the idea. Robert Dilenschneider tells The New York Times Wednesday a run for president is a "long way off." The spokesman says there would have to be an "intermediary step," such as the seat held by Sen. Robert Menendez, a Democrat. Menendez is the Senate's only Hispanic member and a strong advocate for immigrant rights. He's up for re-election in 2012."

And that last paragraph is an important one to consider. First off, NJ is a democratic state; secondly, you have an incumbant who is not only a Democrat but also Hispanic. If Lou even HOPES to have a Chinaman's chance in hell of getting into the government sector, he's going to HAVE to mend some fences.

Let's not be fair-weather fans. And let's try to look at the big picture here.

I am shocked, disappointed and at a loss for words.....it is pretty bad when I am at a loss for words!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

What are the certain circumstances

Everyone,
    As disappointed as I was to see Lou not stand up for himself, or Sheriff Joe, before we crucify the guy let's get clarification on what he meant by "certain circumstances." Lou has been inarticulate in the past.

I'm as opposed to and morally offended by our nation's acceptance of illegal immigration as anyone but there is a certain pragmatism that no matter how righteous it is that all illegals be deported, it will never happen. Some illegals have been here 30 years and while that in NO WAY means they deserve to be legal, the political reality is that we won't get everything we want in a reform. Sadly, an illegal immigrant could set off a dirty bomb and our nation wouldn't see the connection and deport all illegals. We already had illegal immigrants commit atrocities on 9/11 and there was little change other than slightly improving security to obtain drivers' licenses.

If there are 15 million illegals in this country, would it be worth comprimising to allow 3 million to stay if we could immediately end chain migration, secure the border and deport the remaining 12 million? For me, that would be a win, though not perfect.

The reality is that illegals are voting already. Illegals are reaping benefits. Illegals are continuing to have anchor babies. Unfortunately, time cannot be turned back 100% and so our job should be to first, stop the bleed, then clean up as much of the mess that has been made by our politicians and understand there will be some collateral damage.

I realize that's not what people want to hear but that is the situation as I see it (though not how I'd like it to be).

Wha' happened?

The female newscaster mentioned that Maricopa County sheriff Joe Arpaio violated the civil rights of illegal immigrants. Question: since when are ILLEGAL immigrants entitled to civil rights in this country? Civil rights are defined as "the rights of citizens to political and social freedom and equality." The key words is "citizens." I'm disappointed in Lou for not saying that. Clearly he was sidestepping the issue in preparation for his political run and his desire to get the Hispanic support.