Page 36 of 92 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Here we go one more time...yes politics is full of corruption and games that is why we are on the verge of losing our country, time for the games to be over and WE THE PEOPLE to only back stand up guys, that means the ones that don't back down from the truth and have no time for games. TIME FOR REAL CHANGE!!! Lou is rolling with the same old stuff we have seen for years and that is why there are so many POed people posting on here. Why he chose this course, who knows and for one I do not care, it is obvious he has made his choice and why question that or try to change his mind. Time to keep on looking for that one stand up guy out there SOMEWHERE!!!!
    I agree. If someone is threatened to change their stance I can see backing off for family's sake, but I wouldn't then think of becoming a candidate. We need a clear message and one that will be stuck to.

Telemundo interview

I was most interested in his demeanor under stress and found him wanting. Count the times he threw people under the bus. The horrible word 'compromise'. No need to apologize for not speaking English (pandering) Lacks grace and appears self righteous. should have defended Sheriff Joe more forcefully. Definitely NOT presidential.

Lou Dobbs

Do you remember the Waffle Wiffer? Lou Dobbs waffled in this interview.
    It is too early for me to tell whether or not I would vote for him. If he continues doing bad interviews by waffling his responses he will lose.
    I'd like to know why he didn't do a better job by defending his stances on illegal immigration. Even though the woman wouldn't let that one issue alone
    he should have been able to to redirect the focus without defensiveness. He needs to take a stand and stay firm or forget running for president!

Waffle Waffle!

Lou Dobbs

Having only read the first 5 pages or so of these remarks I cannot wade through to the end before submitting my own thoughts.

Judy wrote:
    "I will never have a negative view of Lou Dobbs. He's already done more to help our country understand the problems of illegal immigration than anyone else in the media."

"nothing he does in the future will change what he has already done for our country by working every single day for the past 6 years to help us solve this problem by keeping us informed of what was happening. We will be much in the dark without Lou Dobbs reporting on this crucial issue along with his reports on free trade developments which have cost us even more as a nation than this massive illegal immigration."

I'm in agreement with you Judy.

I am and have been an Independent voter for over 40 years and have no allegiance to any political party.

I feel so many have jumped to conclusions from a couple of remarks he made in a very hostile situation and hope that you could reserve judgment until those remarks can be clarified instead of forming your own interpretation. Lou Dobbs is the only person that spoke up to inform the American public on so many issues that were a threat to our country. And it seemed like ages before any other news media even mentioned some of the issues and some of them never have. Lou gave us the news on the trade policies, he spoke about the outsourcing of jobs abroad, he condemned the efforts of Bush in forming the North American Union. He went to bat for Ramos and Compean when they were so wrongly tried and convicted for doing their job. He kept us up to date on the actions of Congress in many of the issues that were important to us. Lou is a true Independent leaning in one political direction for some issues and in the other direction on other issues.

I felt so frustrated and angry during the 2008 presidential campaign when hardly any mention of the illegal alien problem was discussed. If Lou had been allowed to question the candidates in the debates early on, perhaps Duncan Hunter would have lasted longer in the race or possibly even won the Republican slot. Too many voters base their votes only on what they hear in the debates and the never ending political ads in the media. The debates and town hall meetings are too controlled and many important subjects are never allowed to be addressed.

If Lou does not run for and win either a seat in the Senate or the Presidency where he can take action on some of these issues then I surely hope he will land a spot on television where he can continue to keep the public informed. Unfortunately his radio show will not do it as there are so many places where his show is not aired or it is aired on low frequency stations that are impossible to tune in such as where I live. Also many people do not listen to talk radio but do watch News shows on television.

When Lou comes back from FL I hope we hear from him and can get clarification on his remarks in the interview, but it will take a lot more than this for me to stop supporting him.

Re: Lou Dobbs on Telemundo

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalHunter
    As a legal immigrant (originally from Cuba & now a naturalized US citizen), and being a Reagan conservative, I love and respect this country with all my heart and soul. I waited my turn to enter this great land legally, I did not need immigration reform, this country already has an immigration policy, it’s called put in your paperwork from your country of origin and wait to be allowed to come in, PERIOD.
    Welcome aboard Liberal Hunter, you're our kind of immigrant!

Have you thought about running for public office, you would sure be a lot better than most of the Quisling "Americans" in DC.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was for Duncan Hunter also. What a shame people won't support their beliefs rather than vote on the basis of who they think will win especially early in the game. I turned independent again after it was clear it was going to be McCain on the Reps side.

We need a decent person with good values who won't waiver on legal immigration. For me that was Duncan Hunter.

I watched the video, didn't read all responses to this thread because I'm still reeling about Dobbs not being more aggresive about the "27%" of illegals we all pay for in "just Federal prisons", which doesn't count city, county and State funded jails/prisons. He had nothing to rebut to "Maria" and her cutting off any b@lls he may have had going into this. He's done.

Welcome to all the newcomers who have cared enough about this topic to write in. There is room for many opinions here, as you can see. I think this shows that more and more of us are not only becoming aware, starting to care more AND becoming more vocal about our beliefs. We don't have to feel the water on the bottom of our shoes to realize the ship is sinking! Only once (a few months ago) do I remember a really crummy thread with a really crummy newcomer that caused not just dissention, but much frustration and rancor.

Welcome, especially to Nickie - who seems to think a lot like I do. For me, Lou will be the man I believe I know him to be until proven otherwise. I would have never known about this site had it not been for Lou Dobbs and that probably goes for quite a few of our members.

Oh, yeah. I'm going back to rewatch the interview now for clarification, but I don't believe Lou said he COULDN'T speak in Spanish to her - just that he WASN'T - and only 'apologized' for that (possibly tongue-in-cheek?). Having a Latina for a wife of 30 years as well as Latino inlaws living with them, my guess is he knows quite a bit of Spanish. My son is married to a Guatemalan immigrant and has picked up a lot of her language, tho she speaks beautiful English. Our two year old grandson is growing up bilingual (not a bad talent to have when you live in Texas).

If I am wrong and Lou said he 'couldn't' speak to her in Spanish, I apologize in advance.

Again, welcome to all of our new and very vocal members.

Quote Originally Posted by redoaklady
    Welcome to all the newcomers

Again, welcome to all of our new and very vocal members.

Thanks for the welcome, Newbie, with 51 posts. I have been here a few years but had to sign on with a new username recently. Glad to see you, too.

Re: Lou Dobbs on Telemundo

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalHunter
    As a legal immigrant (originally from Cuba & now a naturalized US citizen), and being a Reagan conservative, I love and respect this country with all my heart and soul. I waited my turn to enter this great land legally, I did not need immigration reform, this country already has an immigration policy, it’s called put in your paperwork from your country of origin and wait to be allowed to come in, PERIOD. Lou Dobbs was spineless and a sell out on telemundo and offended ALL law abiding Americans and Legal Residents, Telemundo punked him like the coward that he is, This is why Illegal Aliens from ALL countries laugh at our immigration system, because no one has the political spine to enforce it. I applaud the Sheriff of Maricopa for having the courage to do was is right. Once you enter any country (not just USA) illegally you ARE a criminal PERIOD, for breaking that country's law of sovereignty. Lou Dobbs is just as much of a sell out as George W. Bush & John McCain are when it comes to pleasing big labor by looking the other way when it comes to enforcing the laws of immigration. I would never vote for this weasel if he ran for president. The hell with Lou Dobbs
    Welcome to ALIPAC liberalhunter! And yes, I so totally agree with you that illegal aliens are criminals. To me breaching a nation's sovereignty is a very serious crime. Why our top law enforcers and those who wanna be don't understand that is just beyond my comprehension.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn