Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by cynthiatweedle
    Exactly. We can not afford the risk of being "fair-weather friends" and not giving people who have adored and respected for over half a decade the boot before they have a chance to clarify.
    My interest in Dobbs was in his stance, his stance has changed. I have never put him above my country in a friendship way.
    Actually, his stance hasn't changed.
    I disagree.

Thumbs UP for:

He apologized for not speaking Spanish - this was a very nice gesture and I don't think anyone should express concern about it. You gain empathy and goodwill with anybody by expressing interest in them personally - and the audience of Telemundo is mostly Spanish speaking.

He was gracious and kind. He listened and answered concerns intelligently and respectfully.

Thumbs DOWN for:

Mr. Dobbs APPEARS to have left the door open for amnesty of some sort. He said that illegal immigrants might be legalized under "certain circumstances" or something like that. He gave no indication whether such circumstances should be extraordinarily rare or including millions of people. Of course the way he made the statement will allow people to hear what they want to hear, including those who wish for amnesty.

Mr. Dobbs missed several opportunities to call upon Maria to acknowledge that illegal immigration is wrong. He missed opportunities to clarify that he has the highest respect for people of ANY national or cultural origin who enters the USA legally and in respect of our laws. It is quite clear that he bears no ill will based upon cultural, language, ethnic, or other factors - rather, his (and our) (correct) concern is directed against people of poor ethical behavior, and by this we specifically mean people who think the law may be broken if it suits their own interests. This is not a cultural value that needs reinforcing, and we rightly oppose it in the strongest possible terms. People who show no regard for our laws have already NOT met the barest minimum we should expect of those who would want to become members of, and participants in, our national life.

I do hope Mr. Dobbs clarifies and is willing to take a stronger stand than he did. He is clearly diplomatic and well-spoken, and he need not be afraid of taking a strong stand. I speak good Spanish myself and have called in to a Spanish show when this topic was discussed, calling out the host and guest on these issues without bringing down any firestorm upon myself. He can too.

Re: Mr. Lou Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by leenorthstar
    Just very upset that Mr. Dobbs appeared on Telemundo. This was a hack job on her part and either Mr. Dobbs caved to the pressure or he has indeed changed his position. Both of these weaknesses give me pause.

These are NOT undocumented workers. They are here illegally and as such should be sent back ASAP.

I am an American by birth, as are my parents and as were my Grandparents (now deceased). I am also of Mexican descent, and I do NOT support Amnesty, because this never ends. Assume 10 to 15 million illegals now. If granted amnesty, the next logical move by the liberals will be to push for family re-unification. Now multiply the numbers by 3 or 4 fold. When will the US go after the Mexican Government, including the illegals?
    Exactly!!

LOU DOBBS INTERVIEW

The motive for this interview? Sounds like a politician on the defensive. Very uncomfortable watching Lou Dobbs 'squirm'. He never said that an illegal alien has ALREADY broken the law.

Shades of Obama.....gathering the votes....then returning the favor when elected.

Doesn't sound like the Lou Dobbs I have followed and admired for many years.

Exactly. We can not afford the risk of being "fair-weather friends" and not giving people who have adored and respected for over half a decade the boot before they have a chance to clarify.
    My interest in Dobbs was in his stance, his stance has changed. I have never put him above my country in a friendship way.
    I disagree.
    LOL...I am having trouble with this one...

ILoveLEGALImmigration wrote:
    He apologized for not speaking Spanish - this was a very nice gesture and I don't think anyone should express concern about it. You gain empathy and goodwill with anybody by expressing interest in them personally - and the audience of Telemundo is mostly Spanish speaking.
    ILoveLEGALImmigration -- Apologizing is NOT the same thing as "expressing interest" in someone. Apologizing when you have NOTHING to apologize for is pandering and a$$-kissing, in the most sickening way. You actually call it a "nice gesture"?! Apologizing for not speaking Spanish?! - Puke.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Lou Dobbs

Everyone ~
    Please understand that Lou needs the hispanic vote whether he plans to be a Congressman, Senator, or President. Every politician has had to kiss a little bit of illegal butt to get elected. I don't think Lou would have a chance without the Hispanic, Asian, and European vote.
    Anyone who has watched him on CNN knows that he's passionate about stopping illegal immigration, especially with unemployment being so outrageous with this current administration.
    I was impressed that he made Maria back down so many times, and he handled himself without a script and tele-prompter.

Quote Originally Posted by sk1951
    I disagree.
    LOL...I am having trouble with this one...
    I'm not.

Lou Dobbs

Lou came across subservient and weak to Maria and he appeared to agree with her that in the past his correspondents were not always accurate about what they reported and it wasn't his fault. It seemed he was saying she was right in her accusations without actually saying it. Then he appears strong and definite stating he is demonized and misquoted by radicals and that she has wasted presious time bringing up this old inaccurate stuff. He seemed to see -saw back and fourth with his responses to her attacks and at the beginning actually apologizes to her for not being able to have this discussion in spanish. HUH? They both mention his Latino wife and how she calls the shots at home, ha, ha. He brings up building a bridge to legalize some illegals and talks about a compromise and humane solutions to the illegal problem. This is not the Lou Dobbs I know. He sounded like a politician talking out of two sides of his mouth and using his wifes latin background to score points with Maria
    and the latinos she represents. However I will have to listen to one more discussion before I make up my mind about where he now stands on illegal immigration.

The 2008 estimate for Hispanic residence of New Jersey is only 16% of the population, with a total population of 8,682,661 so Hispanics represent about 1,389,225. In 2006, there was said to be 430,000 illegal aliens in NJ. Therefore, about half of the Hispanics in NJ are illegal, another portion are underage and can't vote so why would he pander?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)