Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Lou Dobbs stance on illegal immigration

Quote Originally Posted by SherryD
    I don"t think we are thinking clearly on this. We have to address the issue of illegals. I too would like them all to go back to Mexico, but this will NEVER happen.
    I should have stopped reading right there and then. How can someone say never if it hasn't even been tried yet? I believe if the 86 and 96 immigration reform laws were to be entirely enforced nationwide 99% of the current IA population would leave of their own accord. ATTRITION WORKS!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don"t think we are thinking clearly on this. We have to address the issue of illegals. I too would like them all to go back to Mexico, but this will NEVER happen. This issue has to be addressed and Lou Dobbs is trying to do it. There will HAVE to be a compromise.
    1. Someone will have to close the borders first. Lou Dobbs will do that when
    no one else will.
    2. There will have to be a path to legal immigration. Rather than a mass
    amnesty as currently is the case, we need to have another plan. Checking backgrounds to root out criminals will probably get rid of at least half of them. Then we can set the procedures, etc. for who else will be allowed to become LEGAL citizens.
    3. In order to get a President who will address this problem logically, it would help to get some Mexican population and the fence sitters to join us.
    4. As long as we say "send them back to Mexico" and take a hard stance,
    nothing will go forth except complete amnesty and we will lose the fight.
    We need help to win this fight.
    5. Listen to the Lou Dobbs interview several times, and if you have more
    questions call his radio show and give him a chance. No one else has
    tried to solve this. Listen to John McCain and Huckabee-they were for
    legal immigration also. If we find a candidate who is hard set against any illegals becoming legal WE WILL LOSE. Let's really examine all Lou Dobbs says and question him.
    WRONG! No jobs, welfare, (No food, No heat, No medical, No ability for illegals to wire illegally made dollars back home! NO ANYTHING!) or housing will make them GO HOME, where ever it is!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I don"t think we are thinking clearly on this. We have to address the issue of illegals. I too would like them all to go back to Mexico, but this will NEVER happen. This issue has to be addressed and Lou Dobbs is trying to do it. There will HAVE to be a compromise.
    1. Someone will have to close the borders first. Lou Dobbs will do that when
    no one else will.
    2. There will have to be a path to legal immigration. Rather than a mass
    amnesty as currently is the case, we need to have another plan. Checking backgrounds to root out criminals will probably get rid of at least half of them. Then we can set the procedures, etc. for who else will be allowed to become LEGAL citizens.
    3. In order to get a President who will address this problem logically, it would help to get some Mexican population and the fence sitters to join us.
    4. As long as we say "send them back to Mexico" and take a hard stance,
    nothing will go forth except complete amnesty and we will lose the fight.
    We need help to win this fight.
    5. Listen to the Lou Dobbs interview several times, and if you have more
    questions call his radio show and give him a chance. No one else has
    tried to solve this. Listen to John McCain and Huckabee-they were for
    legal immigration also. If we find a candidate who is hard set against any illegals becoming legal WE WILL LOSE. Let's really examine all Lou Dobbs says and question him.
    Welcome to ALIPAC, SherryD! I agree that we should give Lou Dobbs time to clarify what he's talking about, but many of US want all illegals deported, voluntarily and/or involuntarily, through attrition and/or through law enforcement. We don't want the population, we don't want the "numbers", we don't want citizens from illegal immigration, we don't want their offspring. That is the crux of the matter on Amnesty.

But I am one who wants to hear from Lou exactly what he has in mind, or if this was just a general statement for way down the road after the borders are secured that doesn't apply to existing or current issues, or something else. I want to know what he's talking about so I can know whether or not he's someone I can continue to support for President.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If all illegals are not deported it's because people like you have given up and want to "compromise". Full deportation has been done before and can be done again.

But heck I am willing to partially compromise, I am willing to give them 30 days to pack up and leave voluntarily instead of being arrested and placed in detention centers which is the current law.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome, SherryD.
    Call me cranky, but the issue has cost the American people so much that I refuse to compromise on much about this issue these days. There is absolutely no reason we should give these people anything more than the money they get for working here illegally and perhaps a ticket home, nor should we give citizenship to those who were born on US soil accidentally, making their illegal parent(s) eligible for our largesse.
    There should be no compromise on document fraud, none on those working illegally as well as the employers that hired them.
    There should be no compromise (as has been floated lately) about any path to citizenship, which only encourages more to crawl across the border.
    There is absolutely no reason to change American laws for the benefit of those that have no right to this land.

vortex wrote:

Welcome, SherryD.
    Call me cranky, but the issue has cost the American people so much that I refuse to compromise on much about this issue these days. There is absolutely no reason we should give these people anything more than the money they get for working here illegally and perhaps a ticket home, nor should we give citizenship to those who were born on US soil accidentally, making their illegal parent(s) eligible for our largesse.
    There should be no compromise on document fraud, none on those working illegally as well as the employers that hired them.
    There should be no compromise (as has been floated lately) about any path to citizenship, which only encourages more to crawl across the border.
    There is absolutely no reason to change American laws for the benefit of those that have no right to this land.
    No rewards. Fingerprints, photos, and a first time misdemeanor record need to be made of that person entering the United States illegally. If the second time, they need the felony charge for violating the border.

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

SherryD, in follow-up, I would like to itemize the reasons why so many Americans want full deportation either voluntarily, involuntarily or by attrition.

1. The United States is $12 trillion short of meeting his obligations just on budget deficits due to excessive government spending primarily on entitlement programs due to lack of jobs and sustainable wages.

2. The United States already has 62 million people on MediCaid and SCHIP plus some others on HUD Housing, food stamps, free school lunch programs, unemployment, welfare, Free Trade job re-training, plus farm and business subsidies. This is all unsustainability, this is all from more people than jobs. All of it.

3. Illegal aliens cost US taxpayers on all levels of government over $300 billion a year.

4. Over 4,000 Americans are killed by illegal aliens every year, half by drunk drivers and half by murder/homicides.

5. The United States is at this moment in time is short almost 30 million jobs that the government counts and we know they aren't counting them all because each time the work force reduces, they stop counting the jobs that were eliminated by employers and went off the rolls.

6. The United States is out of money.

7. The American People are out of money.

8. Neither our citizens nor our government have 1 more dime to spend on another person who isn't supposed to be here.

9. Most Americans don't want to be forced by our government to forfeit their jobs, wages, homes, savings, earnings, taxes, public debt, education, health care, neighborhoods, culture or lives to even 1 illegal alien.

Until the people who support legalization are ready to hand over their job, their money, their life, their neighborhood, their culture ... to illegal aliens ... without forcing others to do so against their will, illegal aliens are to be deported under US law. These are just laws, laws with a noble purpose, laws that protect the well-being of US citizens and Permitted Guests. It's why immigration controls are provided for in the US Constitution.

Illegal aliens have to go home to their land of citizenship for reasons that are really too obvious at this point in time to have to elaborate on. I realize that some need more time to grasp this fact, comprehend the dire straits of our nation and the significant role illegal immigration and illegal aliens have made to this disaster. Even Lou may need some more time to grasp, contemplate and comprehend this fact, and if so, then I am one who will give him that time, but if we can see it, then he should have already been able to see it.

Unless Lou is ready to convert his 300 acre horse farm into a tent city for unemployed Americans and underwrite their existence there, then Lou needs to follow the will of the American People who are the brunt of this travesty called illegal immigration and demand the immediate deportation of every illegal alien in the United States, not pander about "legalization" so they can sign up for even more benefits that we don't have the money to pay for.

It's really not complicated. It's really very simple. Americans at the bottom don't want Americans at the top jeopardizing their jobs, income, livelihoods and safety for political purposes to win an election.

It's really just that simple.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don"t think we are thinking clearly on this. We have to address the issue of illegals. I too would like them all to go back to Mexico, but this will NEVER happen.
    You know now I am curious why you think this will NEVER happen?

Do you think this way because our government is too corrupt, it has sold out to Globalist billionaires? Is that the kind of government you want to live under?

Do you think this way because a few thousand insane anti-American leftists want to destroy our freedoms and prosperity? Is that the kind of country you want to live in?

Listening to the Dobbs interview on Telemundo, I have a mixed reaction. Partly because of her tact and partly because he may be running for office I thought he was unnecessarily defensive.
    I wish instead he would have been more forthright. I wish he'd had instead focused the conversation on causes of illegal aliens coming to the United States. Without wanting to go into all, and there are many, one is the blatant failure of the various systems these aliens are leaving. In this situation simply put Mexico is not adequately providing for their own citizens. But instead, and it happens frequently, the discussions always seem to focus on us, our failures to care for and embrass the masses wanting to come to the United States. Instead we have got to stop letting these ideologes/talking heads/politicians, etc. the opportunity to focus debate on what clearly are "symptoms" (i.e. the % of criminal aliens incarcerated in the US, pink underwear, etc.) the "cause" is clearly failures else where and the fact these individuals come here illegally. Without which they probably wouldn't be in jail wearing pink underwear, at least not in the United States. Please, lets refocus the debate. Lets deal with the symptoms and not the causes.

We need to focus the debate on the solution. We already know the cause of illegal immigration which is the myth that the US is a land of bounty and plenty when in fact we have over 62 million Americans, over 1/6 of our population that can't sustain themselves let alone anyone else, and the other 5/6 are bankrupt. We already know that illegal aliens come here to steal jobs and wages and public services and education and health care, which Americans could never afford to provide them.

The solution is to secure the borders, stop the flow, enforce US immigration law, deport those who aren't supposed to be here and prosecute those who aided them to come here or be here.

It's not complicated. It's very simple. They have to go home and the Americans responsible for this travesty must be prosecuted under US law.