Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Back again after watching the vid once again. It does seem to improve a little when you watch it a couple times. He did kind of stand his ground BUT he did mention a "path to citizenship under certain circumstance"

I do not belive in that. We have already had what,SIX, amnesties already and we are still in the same boat. I hope we hear more from Mr Dobbs and his thoughts.

And as one mentioned if he runs for office he will have to walk that fence
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

There should be a direct interview with Lou.Lou has always blasted illegal immigration. He should be allowed to explain and expand anything you believe you heard in this interview. I could not get it to play in English. For God's sake don't put him in the garbage like so many have before we truly understand what he is talking about.

I've gone back and read all of the posts since my first one, and I want to ask of everyone, please don't give up on Lou just yet. I'm just another average Joe, retired, disabled, and sitting here in my recliner all day, soaking up the news as much as possible. I have never belonged to any organization on a National level when it comes to politics, but have had my days of infuriating county government. I am sure that there are a lot of other people within this organization that are much more intelligent and better-informed than I, but I still cannot see that it is necessary to throw in the towel on Lou at this juncture.

While my disability relies on our government being able to keep in its coffers at least some of the money that I paid into over the years that I worked, I am angered every single time I hear of our government pandering to, catering to, and shelling out Americans taxpayer dollars to the Illegals. I do have at least some kind of vested interest in this topic, other than the fact that Mexico really wants its land back, and encourages its citizens to form in masses so it can be realized in the near future.

Please people. The one thing that we as a nation of supporters don't want, is for Lou to gain an elected seat where he would have a direct vote on issues that have even angered him in the past, only to say to others, "When that video came out, you ALIPAC, turned tail on me immediately, so therefore, I wish no further involvement with you at all."

Just my opinion only folks. I don't think it's proper to make a move without first getting his response. Don't look for the warm and fuzzy response that you would like to hear from him either. He now knows that anything he says, even in response to us here, will be published for the Mexican community to read, hear, or watch. He is going to be on his toes from now on out.

We should give him the opportunity to explain. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, it may be that he would either draft legislation or sign legislation that would create an, "Amnesty Bill", if you will, that would be next to impossible for the Illegals to see a light in the end of it.
    Obammy is NOT a United States Citizen. He is NOT MY President. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWTs1YyhFRg

Re: Lou Dobbs amesty statements on Telemundo

Quote Originally Posted by Rab3834
    Hello All, I just finished listening to the interrview and have concluded that he has said nothing different than he has said in the past. He has always said that the quote" illegal immigrants are the only rational actors in the amnesty debate". I believe that the fact that the statements he made were made during an interview on a mexican Television station. I frankly don't understand what difference that should make but apparently subconciously the fact that that's wehere the interview was taped has has an undue influence on the public. I DO NOT believe that Lou has changed his views and the points he made in the interview are exactly the same as he has espoused for the past four years or so.
    t
    Sincerely Rabky
    Rabky,

Since you feel Lou Dobbs's comments to Telemundo are consistent with what he has said in the past, could you or anyone else find us a documented prior example of Lou Dobbs advocating legalizing illegal aliens in America?

I would like to see where this has ever been said by Lou before.

Somehow me and and a lot of other fans missed it over the last four years. From his description of his feelings on Telemundo it sounded like such beliefs might have been in the fine print in one of his books, but not on his TV Show.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If Lou Dobbs has turned on us then the most strategic time to take action against his agenda, if he has gone over to the amnesty / legalization side, would be soon while the story is hot.

We will honor those of you that want to give more Lou Time but we are only going to wait till Monday midday Tuesday at the latest.

The outcry across the nation is so loud that if Lou Dobbs cant hear it and respond to it by then he deserves what he gets.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lou Dobbs

ALIPAC asked that everyone who has been supporting Lou Dobbs due to his positions on illegal immigration to watch this entire 25 minute video while paying very careful attention to detail.
    Would you vote for Lou Dobbs after hearing this interview Yes/ No ?

The comments I noted from others were:
    • Dobbs says: "We need to LEGALIZE illegal aliens under certain conditions".
    • I never once heard him say that the illegal's are breaking the law by jumping the border on a daily basis.
    • My gut instincts tell me that Lou Dobbs has made a terrible mistake and thinks he can appease his enemies when in fact he is going to end up being hated and despised on all sides.
    • The ethnocentric interests and Open Borders Lobby will never welcome him unless he has cut a deal with the creators of the North American Union plans.
    • Just like most politicians, he is now talking out of both sides of his mouth, I did not sign on to support Lou Dobbs I had a gut feeling that something was not right.
    As far as I am concerned, we make a mistake focusing on Lou Dobbs. Rather than continue arguing it appears that Lou would like to find a way to solve this problem.
    The problem is that while we are resolving the problem more and more are crossing the border illegally. Today there are in excess of 12 million illegal's in country plus foreign born people who are here on an assortment of visa's. To put it another way it would take 150,000 box cars or 1,500 – one hundred box car trains to ship them south across the border. It would be a massive logistic problem because you need to burp, feed, and dispose of the waste all along the way. Then they could either turn around and cross the border or head south into Mexico causing more people to flee north.
    Dr. David Birch (MIT) a demographer wrote in the 1980s that the United States was going to plunge into a 50 year depression in 20 years. This statement is supported by USA Numbers chart that shows the decline of the US Citizen population (red) v. Illegal/Legal immigration (green). This finding was based on immigration policies that respect borders, culture, and language.
    The public policy regarding the flood of illegal immigrants prolongs the period before the depression took place. This gave the time for the elite and the government class to put into place their New World Order.
    My recommendation would be to go out and embrace all those who are here illegally and invite them to join Americans to defeat the corrupt politicians in Washington DC. In return, they can have access to US Citizenship if they learn our history and understand duty, honor, and country. They must pledge allegiance to the United States of America and prove they are not influenced by MS13, LaRaza and other ethno centric groups or hyphen American organizations.
    We need to teach them what it means to understand individual sovereignty v. the crap they did not learn in their former countries. Make Freedom their choice to lose.

I have read every post in this thread - up to page 24 - I took the survey. There were a lot of unhappy people on it, obviously, but on the question of what to do about the Lou For President Site - the total I saw was 46 for no action and give him time to explain himself and 46 to shut down the site, period. That doesn't show me a 90% margin one way or the other. (I am not on facebook, etc, only ALIPAC to judge by.) There were lower numbers for and against (happy, not happy, etc.) mixed in. I say we wait and give this man a chance.

There are a number of reasons I like Lou Dobbs - I have watched his show for years and he has shown himself to be honest, above board, outspoken - against illegal aliens having ANY rights, whatsoever, much less gaining citizenship. He fought hard, loud and long for the two border control agents who were imprisoned to be pardoned, and he loves Sheriff Joe and wants/expects the laws of our land to be enforced - just a few of the reasons I like him. He seems to be quite decisive about his opinions and I think it would take a LOT of 'something' for him to back down. He is good at holding peoples' feet to the fire in an interview (I watched him continuously repeat questions to Ms. Rabid La Raza, for instance, every time she took a breath. She had been ranting on and not responding at all to the interview questions). That showed me just what he might do to a Republican or Democratic delegation who showed up in HIS Oval Office trying to wheedle his favor. I would LOVE to watch him veto bill after bill that would come across his desk. I think we MIGHT finally even see a 'line item veto' be put in place so he could veto just the things (pork, etc.) he didn't like rather than their ENTIRE bills. (He MIGHT even manage to get term limits imposed - wow! no more politicians having time to garner so much 'big business' money in their war chests!)

I not only emailed him at Lou@LouDobbs.com, I also emailed his 'frequent spokesman' Bob Dilenschneider at jma@dgi-nyc.com to ask HIM to try to contact Lou and get an explanation for why his interview on Telemundo seemed to have such a conciliatory tone. I explained the furor that transpired at ALIPAC and that droves of people were jumping ship and taking their pledges back. I asked that he get in touch with William to do a (hopefully video-ed) interview to clarify our questions and let us know where he stood. I'm not sure just how much more ANY of us can do in that department other than continue to email him at one or another of his sites. Lou MUST know something of what is happening in reaction to his interview by now. If he doesn't, he needs to hire some new 'people' and fire some of the ones he has now.

The poll numbers may change - but I believe there are enough of us who want to hear from him before we wipe off his website that we pledged to for us to leave it up a little longer. The more definitively we respond, the harder it will be for us to regain what we are losing if we are proven wrong. None of this is good for Lou's image and our personal feelings, but we believed in him for a LOT of reasons (at least most of us did). We liked his style and substance enough to sign up on a pledge site called Lou Dobbs for President and raise a lot of money fairly quickly on his behalf!

Polls say that 80% of Americans want NO amnesty. Latino polls (of Latino-American citizens) ran about the same. Unemployment is hitting the black and Latino community of young men with no college the highest of all. I think MANY have been very disillusioned about their 2008 vote for Obama - I believe many blacks have now realized that they really don't have a 'fellow black' in the oval office, which was all a lot of them wanted, but a fish they would rather throw back into the lake (except it's too late for that, isn't it?) I still think he has a chance. Very few of us want to turn our country over to a hoard of illegals - automatic lawbreakers - who would change the very fabric of our country with their newly acquired votes.

When I said in an earlier post if not Lou, WHO? I meant just who do we think we are going to find who will be half the candidate that Lou would be - and who would be as good for the country as a whole - holding the Congressional feet to the fire to enforce the laws we already have in place? (It would be naive of us to think that our country isn't run on 'compromise' and I'm sure Lou would have to do some of that, himself.)

We need Lou to run for PRESIDENT in 2012 - not junior Senator of New Jersey as a 'stepping stone to the presidency'. By 2016 - we won't have any country left for him to run!

Please, William, let's give him a chance. The more concrete we make our decisions, the harder it will be to woo back the disenchanted IF we are wrong in our feared assessment based on a very short interview where he had no chance at all to expound on his statements or explain what he meant by them. It may have been ill-advised for him to even go on Telemundo, espcially on that witch's show - but we should ALL be entitled to one or two mistakes. I, certainly, don't intend to 'cast the lst stone'.

William, I am asking you to give Lou a little time before cutting him loose. Think of how hard it will be to regain some of our losses, should we choose to, if we take strong, permanent, irrevocable steps now.
    -- Red
    Psalms 147:1

Re: found this on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by sk1951
    Dobbs, 64, of Wantage, N.J., has admitted an interest in politics, and the New York Times reports a run for the U.S. Senate is possible in 2012 before testing presidential waters.

The Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee, or ALIPAC, was stunned by Dobbs' apparent reversal, especially after it set up a website urging him to run for the presidency or Senate, a site which to date collected more than $666,000 in donations.

"This news is going to break a lot of hearts in America. The American people are suffering so much and so many of us, myself included, believed in Lou Dobbs," said William Gheen, president of ALIPAC. "I am hurt, dismayed, angry, sad, exasperated, red faced, embarrassed, and more after seeing this video."

Gheen is now asking for feedback from the public on Dobbs' new remarks.
    http://ow.ly/Gylm
    Unless Dobbs has been tied up and tossed into a closet he has heard about this, and, yet despite the all the turmoil this has caused, he speaks not? Is this how a friend behaves? Is this how someone who is as concerned as we are about our country behaves?

Quote Originally Posted by ang
    . I am not aware of any "White" orgs. that are accepted & tolerated by our govt. These Latino orgs. are pretty anti-White, which is discrimination by any standard. .
    Ang - I am still waiting (hopelessly, I'm certain) to see us, as a country, celebrate Anglo American Month on our calendars and on our TVs. When do you think THAT will happen. Police and Fire (as well as many other org.s) have Latino and Black organized groups - what do you think would happen in one if some guys formed a White brotherhood? We would hear cries of RACISM !!! Sorry - I think WE'RE the ones being discriminated against. We MUST be 'politically correct' at all times.

libbie wrote:
    Looking forward to a peaceful and logical dialogue in the future.
    Something has to be done to make uniform immigration policies!
    The laws should be uniform for all immigrants...Canadians..Mexicans..etc.
    This would improve relations with all cultures...and it needs to be legal for all.
    May I ask why you think our current immigration policies are not fair to all? We have a slew of visas available, and they really cover everything from running from persecution to the high-tech jobs. The unfortunate thing is that our borders are not secure and too many are coming here without permission and disappearing into society. The majority of those are from Mexico and Latin America, with the majority from Hispanic countries coming from Mexico. This is not prejudice, but found in the statics.
    Having a peaceful and logical dialog would be wonderful if anyone had substantial facts about exactly how many illegals are here, which no one does. Another pertinent question to the debate is how much more pressure on our infrastructure and resources (food and water) can this country deal with reasonably?